Royal Family (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

This isn't a flippant question but would you rather not have a royal family but pay more tax to offset the £1.2bn a year loss of income?

I'd much rather end the culture of the privileged few and elite and get them to pay tax properly, that'd soon sort it.

It's crass and insulting to have such an open display of wealth when there is crippling poverty in areas of this country. Oh, and we are also supposed to respect and admire them?

Next in like to the throne is someone who classed Jimmy Savile as a close friend, like the BBC, I wonder how much was ignored and or covered up?

Terry Gibson's perm

I'd much rather end the culture of the privileged few and elite and get them to pay tax properly, that'd soon sort it.

It's crass and insulting to have such an open display of wealth when there is crippling poverty in areas of this country. Oh, and we are also supposed to respect and admire them?

Next in like to the throne is someone who classed Jimmy Savile as a close friend, like the BBC, I wonder how much was ignored and or covered up?

i have no time for them, out of interest would you bow if you met one of them? I know I wouldn't

that at liitle boy was probably wearing a pair of pyjamas that cost as much as some people have to live on for a week or maybe more.

Samo

Yup, they are symbolic of a culture of privilege and poverty that should be a thing of the past.

ccfctommy

Hand the Royal buildings over to the people and turn them into museums for tourists to waste their cash in.
This.

I have no time for the royal family. Totally outdated concept. We as a country need to have a debate about them once the Queen passes away.

chiefdave

Yup, they are symbolic of a culture of privilege and poverty that should be a thing of the past.

And replace them with Cameron and co?

Hand them back to the people as I am sure most were ours in the first place.

Would that happen or would everything end up in private ownership.

I'm not really for or against the royals but I'm not sure I see getting rid of them having a huge positive impact for the country.

Samo

And replace them with Cameron and co?

Would that happen or would everything end up in private ownership.

I'm not really for or against the royals but I'm not sure I see getting rid of them having a huge positive impact for the country.

Cameron and Co are already here Dave. (not my choice) No need to replace them with anything.

Sick Boy

Haha top lads based on what? Promoting trophy hunting? It's funny how so many get taken in by theits and the media's PR so easily.

chiefdave

Cameron and Co are already here Dave. (not my choice) No need to replace them with anything.

But he'd be President Cameron then, that would be even worse. Would also mean all trade deals etc would be down to him, the royals are pretty useful to roll out for that kind of thing.

Wonder if there will ever be a referendum on it? Think if it came to it becoming a republic would be a pretty hard sell.

Sick Boy

But he'd be President Cameron then, that would be even worse. Would also mean all trade deals etc would be down to him, the royals are pretty useful to roll out for that kind of thing.

Wonder if there will ever be a referendum on it? Think if it came to it becoming a republic would be a pretty hard sell.

How are they in anyway useful to trade deals? I'm sure us plebs could manage just fine without them.

Sadly there will never be a republic in the UK due to the hat doffing mentality that so many have and how easily their PR bullshit gets swallowed.

Samo

I thought the royals always stay out of politics?
I agree it would be a hard sell, people don't like change... better the devil you know and all that bollocks!

Sick Boy

It'd also make far more sense to have a president who was actually elected rather than someone doing it due to a birth-right?

Samo

I love all the pomp and circumstance it creates.
The immediate family I am happy with with but the fringes are a luxury.

The queen is a wonderful advertisement for Britain.

Yes, if you want to advertise that nowhere else in the world is more deliberately and overtly unjust in terms of the distribution of wealth and privilege.

Users who are viewing this thread