Rumour has it (1 Viewer)

hamil99

Facebook User
Bigi would do well in this side, not sure where you'd put him in though. He wouldn't get in to either of the DM positions.

Could learn a lot shadowing The Beard for a season, then play more regularly next year. There's definitely a player in Bigi, just needs unlocking!

tom88

IMO I would take him back and I would not play him defensively like Thorne,

Biggi has skill and vision and would play a good roll further up the pitch in the Maddison role

Surely worth a punt on a 3 month deal until January for an extra body until Maddison is fit and if he is shite send him back or if he is good keep him.

Otis

IMO I would take him back and I would not play him defensively like Thorne,

Biggi has skill and vision and would play a good roll further up the pitch in the Maddison role

Surely worth a punt on a 3 month deal until January for an extra body until Maddison is fit and if he is shite send him back or if he is good keep him.

If he comes back I think we should give him a free role.

I'm sure there will be one or two knocking about the canteen somewhere.

Grendel

How would we afford his £19k a week wages?

lifeskyblue

I have to say I did like Biggi when he was with us. Not sure though if it would be good for him or us to return. He made the leap to a big club too soon in his career and has trod water or even gone backwards. Yes we could do with another player as we are short, have injuries and a few could go in January. However is Biggi really what TM is looking for at the minute to add something to the squad? I'm not convinced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Yet another player people over estimate as they believe them to be one of our own.

If we are looking to progress as a club he certainly isn't the answer

Grendel

It would be charity if we took him back I think.

Wasn't he on trial at Yeovil?

Probably.

He's the most over rated and over hyped player I've ever seen at the club.

His performances were on a par with Jack Finch but we were supposed to believe we had a new Cruyff on the books.

Ludicrous.

Macca

He also loved Coventry more than life itself blah blah blah

Mind you we could make a double swoop

Bigi and Bakes

Chipfat

If he is better than what you have and will improve competition within the group then he would be a low risk high reward signing.. If you think C Thomas, Morris, Finch and Stevenson add enough competition and are better than Bigi then i could understand the opinion of not taking him..

As for wages we would be not even in the same ball park, but if money is not a problem for him and he is willing to play for the going rate at our club,, just like the club its a low risk high reward for him..I would imagine he would have enough in the bank by now and really needs to his career back on track, so a move back to family would not be a shock if the OP is true..

Last edited:

skyblueinBaku

How would we afford his £19k a week wages?

I assume that he is on £19k at Newcastle. How do you know that he would want the same wage here? I don't think that he is as bad as you make out, G. I'm sure that he was severly restricted by Thorn and consequently unable to show his capabilities.

ready_96

Id love him back another quick, forward thinking and obviously talented player. Id thought he be looking to go to a championship side tho? Wages will be definite stumbling block....19K to whatever we can offer probs 3 or 4k?

skyblueinBaku

Why didn't Yeovil take him?

They wanted him on loan, but when he got there they already had 6 loanees and because they can only play 5 loanees at a time, they didn't really have room in the squad for him. However, they were quite impressed.

Newcastle have offered to pay all of his wages, they want to keep him at the club but as he's out of match practice they want to send him out on a short loan.

lifeskyblue

With Armstrong doing well and making progress Newcastle might see TM as ideal manager to improve biggi's play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"So is he going to replace Fleck or Vincelot every week?"

Not sure Nick, i'm not the manager, i'm not paid enough to make that decision..

Chipfat

Why didn't Yeovil take him?

Thousands of players don't get taken at one time or another at differing clubs and for multiple reason's... Not a positional need is one, wages, doesn't fit the club system, or the managers opinion on the players ability. So just because Yeovil did not pick the option up does not make Bigi any less a player,, the question's TM wil be asking himself about a return are, does he fit,, does he improve the squad and can i use his wages in more important area if i have depth in his position.

I would take him as i think he improves the squad, he is the right age enough experience and would be pushing if not starting in the first team every week, more so than C Thomas who is the next in line in the midfield position..

Last edited:

ready_96

Id like to see him play in behind the striker instead of sitting defensively. He's got a cracking shot, that goal he scored in the prem was unreallll!
I trust TM to utilize him in the best way. Even if he is just warming the bench until Vince or Flecky inveitably pick up a knock

Last edited:
just as a side has anyone else noticed Franck Moussa is in the Charlton U21 side playing against Cov today, is he out of favour or coming back from an injury?

Bugsy

just as a side has anyone else noticed Franck Moussa is in the Charlton U21 side playing against Cov today, is he out of favour or coming back from an injury?

Just about to put that myself, also is rcc brother playin for them too. PUSB what's the score by the way.....

Nick

Administrator
Thousands of players don't get taken at one time or another at differing clubs and for multiple reason's... Not a positional need is one, wages, doesn't fit the club system, or the managers opinion on the players ability. So just because Yeovil did not pick the option up does not make Bigi any less a player,, the question's TM wil be asking himself about a return are, does he fit,, does he improve the squad and can i use his wages in more important area if i have depth in his position.

I would take him as i think he improves the squad, he is the right age enough experience and would be pushing if not starting in the first team every week, more so than C Thomas who is the next in line in the midfield position..

Don;t get me wrong, sitting on the bench in case Fleck or Vincelot are injured and suspended would be ok. Would he want to take the wages of a League one squad player or should we try and break the bank? I'd much rather break the bank on a goalie.

lets not forget he's been playing with Armstrong week in week out for most of his Newcastle career, as well as this other lad (winger) we have on trial from newcastle at the minute

Don;t get me wrong, sitting on the bench in case Fleck or Vincelot are injured and suspended would be ok. Would he want to take the wages of a League one squad player or should we try and break the bank? I'd much rather break the bank on a goalie.

Newcastle will pay his wages...

Bugsy

lets not forget he's been playing with Armstrong week in week out for most of his Newcastle career, as well as this other lad (winger) we have on trial from newcastle at the minute

Who's that winger from Newcastle, Murphy from Norwich.... PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread