Russell Brand (3 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

Why is 30mph a fair urban speed? Because when you're driving down one of Coventry's many Victorian era narrow streets, with cars parked all the way along both sides, it gives you a slight chance of being able to emergency brake in time when a child runs out into the road from a blind spot between 2 parked vehicles.

We used to play football on the road when I was a kid, when a car driver approached us they would slow to a stop and wait for us to move from the road, in a respectful manner. Now you never see kids playing anything in the streets.

Mainly because society is fucking horrible now, there's nowhere outdoors for kids to play, and technology has taken over. Nothing to do with speed limits

skybluetony176

Other than in a pub brawl, I'm not sure that having Tate on your side is necessarily helpful in your defence.

This ridiculous, "the matrix is after us to shut us up", is laughable.

These guys have had huge amounts of leeway to spout their ludicrous and often dangerous opinions.

They're no threat to the state, that's just the typically overblown narcissism that plays to their idiot followers - it's mostly defenceless young women that they threaten.
And vulnerable, easily manipulated young men too. My brothers oldest lad went down the rabbit hole in his late teens. Couldn’t get a girlfriend and couldn’t work out why so people on line like Tate allowed him to believe that it must be them not him. I’m glad to say he worked it out in the end and he now has a girlfriend and a solid relationship. Took him a good 5 years to get out the rabbit hole though. The stress it put by brother and sister in law through though was unbelievable because the values he was displaying and the bullshit he was buying into was so counter to their values and the values they tried to raise him to have.

Otis

Why is 30mph a fair urban speed? Because when you're driving down one of Coventry's many Victorian era narrow streets, with cars parked all the way along both sides, it gives you a slight chance of being able to emergency brake in time when a child runs out into the road from a blind spot between 2 parked vehicles.

We used to play football on the road when I was a kid, when a car driver approached us they would slow to a stop and wait for us to move from the road, in a respectful manner. Now you never see kids playing anything in the streets.
You need to tell the ones in our street then. Nearly hit them with the car at least 6 times in the last few months. My missus, the same

They are always playing in the street and more often than not, tend to sit right in the middle of the road. 🙄

These are kids ranging from about 4-9.

napolimp

You need to tell the ones in our street then. Nearly hit them with the car at least 6 times in the last few months. My missus, the same

They are always playing in the street and more often than not, tend to sit right in the middle of the road. 🙄

These are kids ranging from about 4-9.

Are you really struggling to see kids sat in the middle of the road when you're driving?

Otis

Are you really struggling to see kids sat in the middle of the road when you're driving?
Yup. It's a windy street. You don't see them until you literally go round the bend.

I can go out and take photos if you want. 🤷

Otis

Yup. It's a windy street. You don't see them until you literally go round the bend.

IMG20230918171947.jpg

You can actually see kids there

Well, where they usually are is right behind the smaller of those two trees by the van.

You do not see them until you are right upon them.

We now drive at less than 3mph going round that bit.

Otis

I thought you only took the train anyway?
I live in a road. Like most people.

Yes, I take the train. What is this, a police interview? 😂

I take trains everywhere. When I am home though, here in Maidstone, my missus has a car and I use it to get groceries, or drop the girls at the station etc. There is nowhere close in walking distance.

Otis

I live in a road. Like most people.

Yes, I take the train. What is this, a police interview? 😂

I take trains everywhere. When I am home though, here in Maidstone, my missus has a car and I use it to get groceries, or drop the girls at the station etc. There is nowhere close in walking distance.
The point is, the kids by us DO play in the road. All the time. The parents never say anything.

Otis

I know it's rare these days (kids playing in streets, not nonces, because nonces are everywhere), but it does happen here.

Was very surprised to see it and to make matters worse, you go round the corner and it seems no-one is there and then suddenly a kid on a scooter or trike appears from behind a car and goes from one side of the kerb to the opposite side.

🤷

napolimp

Oh Owen

That didn't age well, although he wasn't wrong about his influence. Cameron was spot on when he called him a joke, that's polite actually.

Didn't matter anyway, as the Tories ended up spending at least another 8+ years in power.

Grendel

That didn't age well, although he wasn't wrong about his influence. Cameron was spot on when he called him a joke, that's polite actually.

Didn't matter anyway, as the Tories ended up spending at least another 8+ years in power.

The guardian literally slobbered over Brand

Oh Ed

fernandopartridge

“And then, as for him denying that anything non-consensual happened. That’s not a surprise to me. These men always deny any of the allegations brought to them – I knew he would. What he didn’t deny was that he had a relationship with a 16-year-old.”

skybluetony176

Brand seems to have the overwhelming support of thousands of right wing pea brained conspiracy theorists. Who would have thought it
Beverly Turner recons its all about his stance on covid conspiracies. She’s made a complete arse of herself this afternoon, even by her standards.

Grendel

Beverly Turner recons its all about his stance on covid conspiracies. She’s made a complete arse of herself this afternoon, even by her standards.

Still at the height of his indiscretions the Labour Party seemed very happy with his endorsement

So day off work watching old Bev on GB News Tony?

napolimp

Grendel

Wow, bit sad to spend your time pulling up 8 year old articles to score political agenda points on a thread about an accused rapist.

Is it any less sad than those people trying to claim he’s flipped to the right as they are more likely to condone sex offenders?

It’s took two seconds to find it - not much time - and there is plenty more

Even today some labour activists link Thatcher and the royals to Jimmy Saville. How sad is that?

napolimp

Is it any less sad than those people trying to claim he’s flipped to the right as they are more likely to condone sex offenders?

It’s took two seconds to find it - not much time - and there is plenty more

Even today some labour activists link Thatcher and the royals to Jimmy Saville. How sad is that?

So you're saying it is sad? In which case, you can just not do it.

Grendel

So you're saying it is sad? In which case, you can just not do it.

I find it amusing when some quarters consider themselves morally superior to others due to what they consider higher morality

At one Point half the liberals in office were child abusers, groomers or accused of murder

Owen Jones today said he was forced in 2014 to interview brand as part of his journalistic duties with the guardian. He’d never heard of him before never knew about his comedy and forgot all about him. That’s not true though is it? Same as when he had his unfortunate IRA moment

I think you’d have to be off another planet to have not been aware of Brand and cannot really have a lot of surprise at these allegations

If it’s being politicised then do it from the other side of the looking glass

Grendel

I suppose for Ed Milliband at least eating a bacon sandwich and being photographed doing it will no longer be the photo he’s always remembered for

Ian1779

I’m not sure what Ed could have done differently, it’s not like Brand would have declared ‘by the way I’m a sex pest - just wanted to put it out there’

Unless of course that people in the Labour Party knew about his behaviour in the same way the BBC and other organisations knew of and buried behaviours of previous offenders.

duffer

And vulnerable, easily manipulated young men too. My brothers oldest lad went down the rabbit hole in his late teens. Couldn’t get a girlfriend and couldn’t work out why so people on line like Tate allowed him to believe that it must be them not him. I’m glad to say he worked it out in the end and he now has a girlfriend and a solid relationship. Took him a good 5 years to get out the rabbit hole though. The stress it put by brother and sister in law through though was unbelievable because the values he was displaying and the bullshit he was buying into was so counter to their values and the values they tried to raise him to have.

Absolutely fair point mate. Tate is preying on misguided and unfortunate young men too. For his own personal profit.

I'm not sure that any of these conspiracy nutters or incel advocates actually believe what they say, but they know they've got a ready market in people who need to blame their own failures on something/someone else, and that there's money to be made from it. It's a tale as old as time, to coin a phrase.

It's hard for young men growing up now. I remember how utterly useless I was around girls, which was painful enough at the time, but at least I didn't have access to some lethally stupid arsehole telling me it was all their fault. I guess I might have fallen for it, especially if some of my mates had too...

Anyway, I'm not really a "hanging's too good for 'em" type, but Tate needs a good long stretch out of the public eye - he's a genuine menace.

Grendel

also quoting mad Bev and associating her with any right wing party is very silly

fatso

I wouldn't recommend going out and taking photos of kids if I were you.

#napolimp would have you hung drawn and quartered as a peado.

Grendel

I’m not sure what Ed could have done differently, it’s not like Brand would have declared ‘by the way I’m a sex pest - just wanted to put it out there’

Unless of course that people in the Labour Party knew about his behaviour in the same way the BBC and other organisations knew of and buried behaviours of previous offenders.

These of course were your Tory voting days Ian

rob9872

Alright, just careful posting anything with images of children or you'll be declared a nonce, especially in the Sam Smith thread.
I'm not interested in his noncey behaviour, I'm more concerned about those weeds. You dont have time to be posting on here whilst that needs sorting! 😀👍

ajsccfc

What I don't get about the people hurling themselves behind him in support and claiming it's a media conspiracy, calling him a hero and blah blah, even though he's on the same political or tinfoil side as them surely they must consider the possibility that he may have actually done the things he's accused of.

Users who are viewing this thread