SBT Virtual Bookies (1 Viewer)

ICHAN

If it don't settle for me in a bit, I won't be able to bet on tomorrow's earlier games

Nick

Administrator
You will be taking over Wonga if you start winning in real money the same as the pretend stuff ;)

Nick

Administrator
When the season starts I will add loads of bets for each city game. First scorer, final score etc. Should be more scope to win more :)

Otis

Wonder what odds I would have got on a John Stones double?

I might have been the first virtual eleventy billionaire!

pipkin73

I have 219 in winnings, every time i bet for real i lose. With the amount Otis has won i think he should start paying people out in real money, he can easily make it back in real life. (Sorry Otis, but with the last 6 months i could really do with cashing in).

Pete in Portugal

Yeh it was Portugal, thought after Ronaldo scored it would be a bit of a goal fest

Like a fool I bet on Russia and Portugal winning. Russia didn't turn up and Portugal were intent on giving possession away and committing niggly fouls than scoring. They have as much chance in progressing further, as I have in recovering my disasterous bets.

GaryJones

Ditto - I was screaming like a Spanish Waiter in my Kitchen last night!
But to no avail - Spain didn't win and I lost £400 of my virtual cash.
My Missus couldn't understand why I was so pissed off watching Spain draw.
Missus "Whats up with you? I thought Morocco did well"
Me "You wouldn't understand Ive just lost £400!"
Missus "You knob end!"
Me " I know I know I'm never going to bet £400s worth of virtual cash again - I'm embarrassed"
Missus "Virtual Cash?"
Me "Yeah I'm gutted Ive just lost £400 of virtual cash on Sky Blue Talk!"
Missus "Thats confirmed it you are a knob end! - Fancy getting so worked up by losing cash that isn't really cash!
Me "You dont understand"
With this my missus stormed out the kitchen muttering "twat - twat -twat"

Football is a funny old game

Otis

I had both Spain and Portugal down for a draw. I especially fancied Morocco, becuase they have been a bit unlucky in the comptetition and iIn fact, I actually had Morocco down for a draw and a win and they very nearly pulled off that victory

GaryJones

I had both Spain and Portugal down for a draw. I especially fancied Morocco, becuase they have been a bit unlucky in the comptetition and iIn fact, I actually had Morocco down for a draw and a win and they very nearly pulled off that victory
Well done.
I'm crap at this - You Lord Otis of the Parish of Coventry are a genius!

Otis

Well done.
I'm crap at this - You Lord Otis of the Parish of Coventry are a genius!
Just based bets on the fact that this WC is unpredictable. Quickly learnt that after the first couple of games. No-one was expecting a Russian 3-0 victory.

I fancied Morocco in some games and also Iceland, who always put up a good show.

I though the Panama game was a bit of a no brainer. We had so much aerial superiority in the Tunisia match that it seemed likely we would have more success against Panama.

Saw that Stones was 25/1 and MaGuire 18/1 and put bets on both. Had Cahill played I would have put money on him too. Stones paid me out over a grand.

Also won a fair bit in the Mexico v Germany game. Again, thought Mexico were just the speedy sort of team that could hurt the Germans.

Mixture of luck, taking a few punts and also then the fact that the competition has thrown up quite a few wobblers.

Expect it to all settle down a bit now and for me to start losing regularly.

Otis

Lose Otis lose haha
Still don't get this over or under business (thicko) so just bet wins or draws
Still don't think we need the unders, but I just bet on the overs anyway as well as the individual win/draw/lose scenarios.

Covstu

I’ve done quite well but need to keep reminding myself that it is virtual cash and not my own and stop putting on a fiver when I can bet bigger! Not sure if that’s a slippery slope however!

Otis

I’ve done quite well but need to keep reminding myself that it is virtual cash and not my own and stop putting on a fiver when I can bet bigger! Not sure if that’s a slippery slope however!
Ha! My missu keeps asking me ' Are you sure it's just virtual money? You sure?'

Must be about 12 times now. She also thinks it is a slippery slope to real life gambling addicition.

I look at it from the fact that when I used to watch the XFiles and and those darkened room, shady meetings, I never then took up smoking in real life. ;)

220px-The_Smoking_Man_%28X-Files%29.jpg

CovInEssex

Can’t see why we can’t all chip in and get the winner over the season (football league, lol) a city top or something

RegTheDonk

Well that little winker and his mates cost me a packet yesterday :(
Nick, are other SBT members able to "sub" you money from their enormous kitties? I can perform favours or pay back at extortionate loan rates as, like many desperate punters, I am of course grasping at straws :D

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Otis, can you do us a favour, when the season starts put a bet on Cov City to win the league. :emoji_innocent:

Nick

Administrator
Well that little winker and his mates cost me a packet yesterday :(
Nick, are other SBT members able to "sub" you money from their enormous kitties? I can perform favours or pay back at extortionate loan rates as, like many desperate punters, I am of course grasping at straws :D

I'm afraid not!

Otis

Good win for you, Nick!

Was going to take a punt, but thought there was no way the Germans would lose this game.

Fair play to you.

Users who are viewing this thread