Scotland v England (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

and their lies part of the problem with football in this country. Couple of decent seasons in the prem and this is the sort of hype you get.
He's no where near top 3 strikers in the world. Don't think he's even won a medal yet!

On current (12-24 months) form he is. I would take Lewandowski and Griezmann over him. No one else.

CJ_covblaze

Fair enough, it's all about opinions. Think I'm right to assume you're not counting Messi or Ronaldo as strikers!

I wasn't but I'd take those 3 over the other two. Maybe not a couple of years ago but right now I would.

CJ_covblaze

Otis

Anyone watch the U21's?

Talk about deja vu!! Started off brightly, looked in control and a little bit threatening, albeit not creating that many chances, but then second half, started to play deeper, created next to nothing and were completely on the back foot.

Started looking very strong and skilful, ending up clueless and toothless and bereft of ideas.

Ditto this for Jacob Murphy too. Looked classy at first and very dangerous, but then quickly ran out of ideas and was substituted.

Terry Gibson's perm

Anyone watch the U21's?

Talk about deja vu!! Started off brightly, looked in control and a little bit threatening, albeit not creating that many chances, but then second half, started to play deeper, created next to nothing and were completely on the back foot.

Started looking very strong and skilful, ending up clueless and toothless and bereft of ideas.

Ditto this for Jacob Murphy too. Looked classy at first and very dangerous, but then quickly ran out of ideas and was substituted.

Same problem as the first team a manager who has no idea

CJ_covblaze

I'd prefer a bit of success with the right foreign manager over the rubbish we've been getting.

It's something the FA can't do again. They've said too much on the subject and it'd be a bit hypocritical don't you think? My personal view is that if we can't have a foreigner on the pitch we can't have one in the dug out. There are good English coaches out there. I'm all for giving managers a chance but I'm half thinking we should make a change. If we lose our next game we are in deep trouble. I don't think he has much of a clue. Would love to be proved wrong and hope I am.

M&B Stand

Some great days under Sven, Munich, Unlucky in Portugal and Germany, albeit underachieved in the end.
Feel for the poor fuckers that have started following England now, Malta will be my last game in September. Bang average manager and squad, and joey Essex dressed wannabes swaggering around following with their club rivalries (although they went in hiding in Glasgow), no wonder the fa hate their own fans.
Following England used to be an experience, not anymore.

CJ_covblaze

Some great days under Sven, Munich, Unlucky in Portugal and Germany, albeit underachieved in the end.
Feel for the poor fuckers that have started following England now, Malta will be my last game in September. Bang average manager and squad, and joey Essex dressed wannabes swaggering around following with their club rivalries (although they went in hiding in Glasgow), no wonder the fa hate their own fans.
Following England used to be an experience, not anymore.

It's a huge problem that has gradually got worse over the last couple of years. Those that are causing the issues are in the minority and the majority of them aren't members so there's very little that can be done really aside from education and taking the kids under your wing. In Turin a couple of years ago it was horrendous. Kids aged 16, 17 and perhaps younger than that were getting pissed up and were giving it the bigun to some of the older heads and even the locals. Given the obvious issues we were always going to have there, it wasn't the best time to start acting like a dick. Many of those haven't been recently and some of them now appear to understand how to behave in someone else's country. There is some hope I suppose.

Otis

Anyone watching England U21s?

Dear me we are dire. Lots of huff and puff and endeavour, but very little guile or skill and Slovakia look so comfortable on the ball and though we pressed a bit the last 10 mins, they look so much the better side.

Having Boothroyd as manager can't help though. A lot of long hopeful thru balls that are simply not working.

Hate to single out players for crappiness at this young age, but Holgate, the right back from Everton looks particularly poor. He was very bad in the last game too. Poor passing and every cross either not getting past the first man, or over hit.

Maybe we would look a much better team with a better man at the helm.

Otis

Different side completely in thr second half. 1-0 down at half time and dreadfully inept and clueless. Half time we take the right back, Holgate off, bring on Jacob Murphy and now suddenly we look a completely different team and are now 2-1 up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread