Season Ticket Sales (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

We have followed their lead and reduced prices.

The league have praised our efforts

Why slag off a club you claim to support?
Why slag off fellow fans and the majority of the support base of the club you claim to support?

dongonzalos

All you've done is complain and moan you tit, its taken 8 years of consistently low prices of below £200 for it to get the sales they've had this year. Are Coventry fans prepared to wait that long or will they just moan and bitch when it means in the first few seasons we would have to reduce the budget to compensate?

I'm only critical of those supporters who don't turn up (without a good reason) and put a list of unreasonable criteria and conditions before they will support.

They dropped it by £50 this year and it sent ripples round Bradford. They got a 50% increase in season ticket sales. At the time of the deduction they rejected bids for their players and made some very early quick decent signings.
The option and the price drop did the trick. Create the same environment we would get the same result .

Nick

Administrator
It's a suggestion on how to increase attendances and start to win back those fans.
Bradfird are comparable to us and they have made it work.
It is achievable.
Negative is saying we are Coventry it will never work for us our fans are crap (bullshit)
Those fans are there waiting to be won back.
Backing Mowbray with his strikers and building on the faith some are putting in him with a can't refuse price offer. We would see a significant rise in sales.

Negative is trying to pick fault with anything they can to do with the club isn't it?

It's funny how you never appear on the jsb kids party threads for example or a thread about the club doing something well, as you are so positive about the club and all.

The club have dropped their prices a fair whack, our season tickets are third cheapest in the league. Is the playing budget in the bottom three?

Surely positive would be " fair play this is a great price, well done the club" rather than saying it should be even cheaper to get the amazing fans to go.

Nick

Administrator
A player signed for Bradfird over us because they were paying a bit more.
Also with regards to challenging they had a good chance of getting in the play offs with only a few weeks left last season.
I am happy given like success that CCFC would have comparable attendances to those clubs mentioned by CCFC previously
Which player was that? The one who lived closer to bradford?

SkyBlue_Bear83

They dropped it by £50 this year and it sent ripples round Bradford. They got a 50% increase in season ticket sales. At the time of the deduction they rejected bids for their players and made some very early quick decent signings.
The option and the price drop did the trick. Create the same environment we would get the same result .

Ours dropped by over £100 in some areas of the ground, it doesn't happen in one season. It took Bradford 8 years of hard work in which for most of it they struggled to achieve these sales figures.

Last edited:

Grendel

Why slag off fellow fans and the majority of the support base of the club you claim to support?

Fans turn up. Stay aways who can't be arsed unless the good times return aren't fans at all.

Nick

Administrator
It's not a claim to support anybody, it's a fact, hence my season ticket is sat waiting to be used.

Why spend so much time trying to be negative and put the club you support so much down?

Oh now it's back to majorities, the majority of coventry city fans are the ones who don't bother?

stupot07

A player signed for Bradfird over us because they were paying a bit more.
Also with regards to challenging they had a good chance of getting in the play offs with only a few weeks left last season.
I am happy given like success that CCFC would have comparable attendances to those clubs mentioned by CCFC previously

They were 10 points off 6th with 4 to play.

Also they offered that particular player more money than we do, doesn't necessarily mean they have a bigger budget, TM had said he wants to save as much money as possible for strikers, perhaps he didn't feel that player was worth the extra couple £100 a week that Bradford were offering? Doesn't necessarily mean we couldn't have afforded it. Their turnover can't be far off ours so I doubt their wage bill is any bigger than ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Fans turn up. Stay aways who can't be arsed unless the good times return aren't fans at all.

Well I am sure they will be happy that they have now been judged by the super fan.
Do they go to you for their super fan t shirt when they prove themselves worthy.

dongonzalos

They were 10 points off 6th with 4 to play.

Also they offered that particular player more money than we do, doesn't necessarily mean they have a bigger budget, TM had said he wants to save as much money as possible for strikers, perhaps he didn't feel that player was worth the extra couple £100 a week that Bradford were offering? Doesn't necessarily mean we couldn't have afforded it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Yes you are right that they may have felt he was worth more money than TM did. Although TM was very miffed and it was suggested the player was one of his main targets.

Yes they were close towards the end have a friend who is a Bradford fan. Then they fell apart.

Nick

Administrator
Well I am sure they will be happy that they have now been judged by the super fan.
Do they go to you for their super fan t shirt when they prove themselves worthy.
Nobody has said they are a super fan have they?

People like italia love a moan and get stick, the club can't do right for wrong but fair play to them they are first in line for a season ticket. He may have posted he was giving up every week but least he's bothering to get down to watch the team!

It's the people who moan about investment, set demands before they will bother to get off their arses and go.

dongonzalos

It's not a claim to support anybody, it's a fact, hence my season ticket is sat waiting to be used.

Why spend so much time trying to be negative and put the club you support so much down?

Oh now it's back to majorities, the majority of coventry city fans are the ones who don't bother?

That was to Grendel in reply to his comment not you

Grendel

Are the internet trolling Olympics soon? Is that why Dongle is back on here? His coach insists he needs some preparation?

Grendel

So they are judged by you and Grendel now. Maybe they could get a hat as well as a t shirt when they pass your worthy fan tests.

The test is to attend games and support the team which by league one standards is good value.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The test is nothing to do with price, as it is not unreasonable, but to overcome the overwhelming sentiment of doom and gloom brought about by endless years of mismanagement.

steveecov

Jeez there were people who had bought tickets....and STILL didn't go. That was due to the fayre being dished up; nothing to do with price.

steveecov

Pubs, clubs that used to be really busy are now half empty and in some cases closed forever. These are where loads of fans would drink and talk about the games. It's a sign of the times, but some decisions made by management past and present have put us into a totally different category to most other clubs.

Someone does an Aldi challenge....Sainsburys never get that £400 monthly shop again.

It's only with some form of real excitement on the pitch that will see sustained attendance increases; colossal investment needed if we are to return to the big time. PUSB

SlowerThanPlatt

OK let's end this petty argument as most some of us are never going to agree. Let's speak about something which is up for debate:

I've often heard Coventry described as not a 'footballing city'. Why does everyone think this is is the case? Has it always been like this or just over certain periods of time? Is there anything the club can do to improve it? What makes Coventry different to similar cities like Leicester and Southampton where you'd argue they support their local team better?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

...they are both in the Premier League and don't have owners like us. It's not rocket science.

Nick

Administrator
OK let's end this petty argument as most some of us are never going to agree. Let's speak about something which is up for debate:

I've often heard Coventry described as not a 'footballing city'. Why does everyone think this is is the case? Has it always been like this or just over certain periods of time? Is there anything the club can do to improve it? What makes Coventry different to similar cities like Leicester and Southampton where you'd argue they support their local team better?

This is one thing I genuinely don't know so not saying it is fact. What are their relationships like with their local media?

I remember that Leeds game, it was all over the radio and all over the Telegraph to get down and support their team and every possible outlet was persuading people to get down to the Ricoh. In Leicester for example are their press fully behind the team as much as possible? Could that also make a difference?

skybluelee

No top 6 finish for 45 years and 1 top 10 finish in 26. There's your answer right there.

dongonzalos

Depends what you mean by a footballing City.
A succesful team will draw the crowds like any other team.
A continuously loading one in decline will not. Also like any other City.
Coventry is no different to any other city. To say any different is not only stupid, inaccurate but also very negative.

Nick

Administrator
Depends what you mean by a footballing City.
A succesful team will draw the crowds like any other team.
A continuously loading one in decline will not. Also like any other City.
Coventry is no different to any other city. To say any different is not only stupid, inaccurate but also very negative.

You keep going on about being negative, can you really not see that finding as many reasons as you possibly can for somebody to not go and watch the team they support is negative? I am pretty sure most of the people you accuse of being negative about their team are the ones going up there every week and actually supporting. It doesn't make sense.

skybluericoh

Yep, I think they would. Southampton were in an awful position in there first league one season and were still drawing in 20k.

I think the difference was when they went down the owners did everything in their power to get them out of the league ASAP - in the right direction, that is UP to the championship not down to L2. What did ours do? Started a massive row with ACL, CCC. Higgs Charity, fans, lost a good manager in Robins, then took us to Northampton. I think getting as many as we do is testament to how good, in fact how GREAT some of our fans are.

I still have not forgiven SISU and if they want me back, either give me some hope that CCFC has regained some ambition, and start to act like a football club, not school kids, or pee off!

Users who are viewing this thread