Season Ticket Sales (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

I only see 1, that is the price.....

I only see half of one the Optimism created by Mowbray. Bradford have the option driven by the owners and their rerecebt rekevant success.
Their price was still £50 less than ours.
They really pushed the advertising and marketing around that £149 pound price.

mighty quinn

All nonsense aside .apart from shef utd we should have the best crowds.we all know that underinvestment is the reason why that is not so.

Nick

Administrator
All nonsense aside .apart from shef utd we should have the best crowds.we all know that underinvestment is the reason why that is not so.
Catch 22 isn't it? Season tickets are dirt cheap, why refuse to go because of investment when not bothering yourself?

mighty quinn

Catch 22 isn't it? Season tickets are dirt cheap, why refuse to go because of investment when not bothering yourself?

I have renewed my St despite my doubts.but the club has done nowhere near enough to convince the fans that are undecided.a half decent attacker might ha
Boosted St significantly.

Grendel

I only see half of one the Optimism created by Mowbray. Bradford have the option driven by the owners and their rerecebt rekevant success.

We have the third cheapest tickets in the league.

If we had £149 tickets I see nothing to suggest we would get hardly any more than already sold. As for marketing they have employed the strategy for years so the awareness is there.

The thing you still refuse to acknowledged is their strategy is all or nothing.

If we did it the majority would be bitching its £25 to go every match and they don't want to commit to a season.

So they'd be bitching that they only had until early July to purchase them.

If it's such a great idea why haven't others done it?

Also why were ccfc praised recently by the football league for its pricing strategy?

mighty quinn

We have the third cheapest tickets in the league.

If we had £149 tickets I see nothing to suggest we would get hardly any more than already sold. As for marketing they have employed the strategy for years so the awareness is there.

The thing you still refuse to acknowledged is their strategy is all or nothing.

If we did it the majority would be bitching its £25 to go every match and they don't want to commit to a season.

So they'd be bitching that they only had until early July to purchase them.

If it's such a great idea why haven't others done it?

Also why were ccfc praised recently by the football league for its pricing strategy?

I think they would of been lucky to reach 4000 if they did the same.

stupot07

Third cheapest season tickets in the league, and still not cheap enough for cov fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
Third cheapest season tickets in the league, and still not cheap enough for cov fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Exactly, it would be another excuse if they were 125.

Nick

Administrator
Common sense
So to clear things up

They need to drop season ticket prices so they lose money but invest loads of money before people will go?

Strange how you keep going on about people not caring for the club yet you are trying your hardest to make the decent ticket offer we had seem bad and that everything to do with the club is negative.

dongonzalos

So to clear things up

They need to drop season ticket prices so they lose money but invest loads of money before people will go?

Strange how you keep going on about people not caring for the club yet you are trying your hardest to make the decent ticket offer we had seem bad and that everything to do with the club is negative.

Yep that's exactky what I said?

Any chance of you sticking to the debate instead of making it up.

I will try again but no doubt you will change it.

They should find the figure that is low enough to cause an increase in season ticket sales. That matches the loss in the cost. As I believe Bradford did.
I have probably only repeated that comment 5 times but I am sure you just missed it. As opposed to ignoring it to twist it to make a different arguement

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Yep that's exactky what I said?

Any chance of you sticking to the debate instead of making it up.

I will try again but no doubt you will change it.

They should find the figure that is low enough to cause an increase in season ticket sales. That matches the loss in the cost. As o belueve Bradford did.
I have probably only repeated that comment 5 times but I am sure you just missed it. As opposed to ignore it to twist it to make a different arguement

What have I made up? You are saying we should drop the price and people aren't going because of no investment.

I'm not changing anything, it started off being about price, then success, investment. For such great fans there's always an excuse not to bother.

Nick

Administrator
You said I said the club should lose money?
No I didnt
No you said they should drop them the same as bradfords but there's not much proof we wouldn't lose money is there. The tickets have already have a decent discount.

For somebody who keeps going on about the club and city, you would think you would be encouraging as many as possible to get down and support the club every match rather than trying to find things you can be negative about.

We have the third cheapest in the league, is there really an issue? If they were the cheapest in the league there would be another excuse why people don't bother.

dongonzalos

No you said they should drop them the same as bradfords but there's not much proof we wouldn't lose money is there. The tickets have already have a decent discount.

For somebody who keeps going on about the club and city, you would think you would be encouraging as many as possible to get down and support the club every match rather than trying to find things you can be negative about.

We have the third cheapest in the league, is there really an issue? If they were the cheapest in the league there would be another excuse why people don't bother.

For clarity posted very early in my contribution to this debate.........

For the record I think we should do a ridiculously cheap season ticket that will still gives us the same revenue generated by fewer sales of a more expensive season ticket. Also the increase in sales covers the ability to sell season tickets for under 16's sold with an adult ticket for free.
We should also have the deal on throughout the summer so when we make marque signings we get the full impact of the reaction.

Maybe you should encourage people by not been negative about your fellow fans and the City itself. For example Coventry City Centre which is improving day by day.
Our City is a good City
Our fans are good fans. Like ALL clubs. They just need a bit coming back the other way to stoke the fires. It's not always a one way flow of tragic which it has been since a change of policy from investing in the best promising talent we can afford with a view of improving the club whilst selling them on for a profit.

Nick

Administrator

For the record I think we should do a ridiculously cheap season ticket that will still gives us the same revenue generated by fewer sales of a more expensive season ticket. Also the increase in sales covers the ability to sell season tickets for under 16's sold with an adult ticket for free.
We should also have the deal on throughout the summer so when we make marque signings we get the full impact of the reaction.

Maybe you should encourage people by not been negative about your fellow fans and the City itself. For example Coventry City Centre which is improving day by day.
Our City is a good City
Our fans are good fans. Like ALL clubs. They just need a bit coming back the other way to stoke the fires. It's not always a one way flow of tragic which it has been since a change of policy from investing in the best promising talent we can afford with a view of improving the club whilst selling them on for a profit.

This is a coventry city football club forum, not a coventry city centre one.

Our City is a good City

Ah yes the good fans, the ones who have a list of demands before they will support their team.

Negative about the city? Do you have get all excited about a restaurant being built in the city centre to support the team? It's nothing to do with it.

Who is being negative about the club? I'm sad to say I'll be probably sat in the rain watching us get hammered at some point and then going again the next game. What is trying to pick fault with any offer or signing we make? I'd say there's probably a few on here who sit and pick fault with anything the club does but don't bother to go to games, wouldn't you? Who does that make negative about the club?

I'm quite happy supporting the team by going to as many games as I can, purchase ccfc merchandise required. By no means a super fan and don't claim to be.

mighty quinn

It's up the club to encourage fans to commit to a St .that's how football works.anyone that watched last year's shambles are going to need a lot of convincing. That's the problem.

Covkid1968#

Went on a stag last weekend to Benidorm. 25 lads and 15 of us have had season tckets at one time or other. None of us have one now...I asked the question why and I can tell you the price has nothing to do with it. Most including myself class ourselves as loyal Cov fans, but the support has been ground down to such an extent that its a struggle to get enthusiastic like we once did.....half are giving it a another go this year and I dont think it will take much to rekindle the old feeling - but the last few years and the break now mean we need convincing whereas before we followed blindly.

Its sad and to hear lads disregard their home club when they once had a ST is demorlising. One said he went once last year and left at half time despite us winning - he said it was just so bad to watch. I went 12 times last year and took the kids to a few, and I will do a similar number this year if the perfromances are the same - if it becomes enjoyable again (win or lose) then I'll end up going to most I suspect.

letsallsingtogether

It's up the club to encourage fans to commit to a St .that's how football works.anyone that watched last year's shambles are going to need a lot of convincing. That's the problem.

Exactly right.
But some will still blame the supporters for not going.
I go every week sometimes take lapsed City supporters all you get is do you actually watch this shit every week....
Come on how do I defend that comment they are right.
I don't see it changing much this season but hey I will still be there, too many on here believe that Mobray is the messiah, I have heard this too many times so will reserve my opinion until we get in the playoffs minimum, anything less and he is only as good as what went before.

steveecov

Value for money made Ratners popular. When told by owner it was shit, people left never to return. Found other things to spend their money on. With CWR doing commentary, and highlights on TV, a lot of folk will follow but forego the live experience. The hard core 7000 will be there come what may.

For those that get ST's, the price reduction is a generous price.

50000 at Highfield Rd; 40000 walking up? Totally different times and attitudes.

stupot07

Too many on here believe that Mobray is the messiah, I have heard this too many times so will reserve my opinion until we get in the playoffs minimum, anything less and he is only as good as what went before.

A bit harsh, bar one or two nutters I don't think anyone sees Mowbray as the messiah, we do however see him as an experienced manager who is of a good calibre. He sought assurances before signing and is happy with the budget and has a recruitment strategy. Although he's talking up promotion chances, he has said this is probably a 2 year project, so I won't be crying if we don't miss out on top 6 this season. A top half finish would be an improvement.

chiefdave

They should find the figure that is low enough to cause an increase in season ticket sales. That matches the loss in the cost.

With this seasons price reduction it looks like we're still struggling to increase sales therefore total season ticket revenues will be lower. Surely then using your argument they should put the price back up not reduce further?

italiahorse

With this seasons price reduction it looks like we're still struggling to increase sales therefore total season ticket revenues will be lower. Surely then using your argument they should put the price back up not reduce further?

Should have had a payment plan and it would have increased sales.
The other thing that makes reducing prices and increasing sales worth doing is the increase in other on day sales like f&b. Not sure what percentage we get in the current deal.

Grendel

If the deal suggested was £149 adults and free for under 16 it would be very close to 50 / 50 split.

If slightly weighted to adults its £90 a ticket.

The combined sales of season tickets and match packages will have yielded around £1.2 million.

The effect on walk up traffic must also then be considered. We had about 4,000 this year at £15 a game that's another £1.2 million.

I would say you'd lose at least 75% of that so in effect the £90 a head has to make you around £2.1 million.

That's 23,000 season tickets and that's a pretty conservative calculation.

dongonzalos

Out of interest, what do think that would be, roughly?

It would be down to the club mate, to use a marketing expert in order to forecast the price that would lead to the maximum increase in crowd. That could counter and match the loss in revenue from the price drop.

However when you see that Bradfords drop in price from 199 to 149 has lead to a 50% increase in season ticket sales.
I appreciate they have more optimism than us. However I still believe the price will be the most powerful factor. The optimism bit will explain why they are talking 18k and we would talking 9k.

So their drop in price of £50 led to a 50% increase in season ticket sales.

If we dropped ours by £50 to £199. If we matched them and got a 50% increase in season ticket sales.

That would be 9000 season ticket holders.

Of our current 6000 probably only half are paying full price so that is a loss of £150000.

However let's look at the most extreme example that all 6000 are paying the full £249. We lose £50 ahead. So you lose £300000.

You get your extra 3000 sales under 16 are free with a full paying adult.
So again worst case scenario you only get 1500 of the extra 3000 paying the £199. You gain £298500

We now get access to match day revenues as part of the loan deal. So ontop of a better atmosphere in the group you make more profit from that. Also the shop is finally returning to its rightful place
So there will be money to be made there as well.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Exactly right.
But some will still blame the supporters for not going.
I go every week sometimes take lapsed City supporters all you get is do you actually watch this shit every week....
Come on how do I defend that comment they are right.
I don't see it changing much this season but hey I will still be there, too many on here believe that Mobray is the messiah, I have heard this too many times so will reserve my opinion until we get in the playoffs minimum, anything less and he is only as good as what went before.

Its this bollox that we are different because Coventry and we have crap support that does my swede in. Absolute drivel and toss. Self perpetuating crap.
I do not think of Mowbray as some kind of messiah. However he just seems to see it as a lot of the supporters do.
For example even if he were to re-sign Reda he had already established that he needed a more reliable leader and experienced CB.
How long have we been crying out for a defensive midfielder who will dominate the game.
Finally he knows we need goal and he knows we need at least 2 20 goals a season men.

wingy

Think there Is a danger here that diluting the price of ST's even to current levels may dilute the product on the field.
We are currently cheaper than
Nuneaton Town and Coventry RFC but have
far higher overheads.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It would be down to the club mate, to use a marketing expert in order to forecast the price that would lead to the maximum increase in crowd. That could counter and match the loss in revenue from the price drop.

However when you see that Bradfords drop in price from 199 to 149 has lead to a 50% increase in season ticket sales.
I appreciate they have more optimism than us. However I still believe the price will be the most powerful factor. The optimism bit will explain why they are talking 18k and we would talking 9k.

If we dropped ours by £50 to £199. If we matched them and got a 50% increase in season ticket sales.

Of our current 6000 probably only half are paying full price so that is a loss of £150000.

However let's look at the most extreme example that all 6000 are paying the full £249. We lose £50 ahead. So you lose £300000.

So again worst case scenario you only get 1500 of the extra 3000 paying the £199. You gain £298500

We now get access to match day revenues as part of the loan deal. So ontop of a better atmosphere in the group you make more profit from that. Also the shop is finally returning to its rightful place

But then you'd only be complaining that £199 is too much?

And you haven't taken into account the money you would lose from fewer buying match day tickets/walk ups

stupot07

Your major flaws here is that you're basing the losses on this season ST's sales which are already (c£100) 25-30% cheaper than last season's prices yet we haven't seen a 50% increase in uptake, therefore were already around 25-30% down on ST money in comparison to last season (http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-fc-reveal-prices-9175733), the knock on effect of having to reduce our wage bill by 25-30%. I would suggest last season's figures would be the best to use as a baseline here, otherwise we're already starting with a deficit of 25-30%.

Then you say we should know another £50 additional 20%) off this season's ticket and that will lead us to increase our ST's by 50% to 9k. (Didn't work this season)

So now your new suggest price is c£150 (c40%) cheaper than 14/15 prices which I would suggest is the proper baseline to use, yet you're hoping for an increase of 50% sales. Bonkers.

Users who are viewing this thread