Season Ticket Sales (3 Viewers)

chiefdave

Out of curiosity how do the season tickets come ? I presumed they'd be like a credit card sized membership card, no had one for so long I ant remember

They were paper last year, think that was as much to do with the rush to get them produced as anything else. This year they are hoping to go back to cards but the last I heard ACL wanted a big chunk of change as an admin fee for access to the system.

torchomatic

I asked when we renewed. The ticket office weren't sure as they didn't know if they would be "allowed" to use the card system and how much Wasps would charge for the privilege. I haven't got a problem with books or cards as long as I can get in.

Out of curiosity how do the season tickets come ? I presumed they'd be like a credit card sized membership card, no had one for so long I ant remember

Otis

I asked when we renewed. The ticket office weren't sure as they didn't know if they would be "allowed" to use the card system and how much Wasps would charge for the privilege. I haven't got a problem with books or cards as long as I can get in.

Yep, sort of told me the same. The lady seemed to think they would be books the same as last season, due to permission issues in using someone elses system.

Grendel

Yep, sort of told me the same. The lady seemed to think they would be books the same as last season, due to permission issues in using someone elses system.

What a surprise.

Otis

What a surprise.

To be quite honest, I think she meant hassle issues in terms of having to arrange permission, rather than having difficulty in getting permission.

Just the layer of red tape and also problems that could arise in using the cards on game days and them not working. The system obviously not then being under their control.

italiahorse

To be quite honest, I think she meant hassle issues in terms of having to arrange permission, rather than having difficulty in getting permission.

Just the layer of red tape and also problems that could arise in using the cards on game days and them not working. The system obviously not then being under their control.

This is one of the areas of mutual savings..
I hate the book system in respect of size and ripping out errors.

Grendel

If that is the case then do you think we can get every fucker on here to shut the fuck up about them and only mention in the appropriate place, because to be quite honest there are a few tedious.......people on here who are obsessed with them.

Including you clearly.

chiefdave

I was told, by someone on the ACL side, that the amount CCFC are being asked for to use the system is "ridiculous".

Grendel

I was told, by someone on the ACL side, that the amount CCFC are being asked for to use the system is "ridiculous".

What a surprise.

Limey

Anyone interested re 6/12 match ticket packages, from clubs twitter... @cov4theprem Hi Jay. Yes you can exchange at cash turnstiles on a matchday #pusb

Sick Boy

They were paper last year, think that was as much to do with the rush to get them produced as anything else. This year they are hoping to go back to cards but the last I heard ACL wanted a big chunk of change as an admin fee for access to the system.

That can't be right, can it? It sounds like we have asked and we are being told to pay them 'a big chunk'? That can't be true.

Grendel

That can't be right, can it? It sounds like we have asked and we are being told to pay them 'a big chunk'? That can't be true.

Clearly we haven't asked.

Sick Boy

...but....but....but...all we need to do is ask and they give everything we want!?! I'm sure they will offer a fair rent deal after next season as well and won't even dream of ripping us off??!

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'd rather use the books than pay extra cash to ACL tbh

You'd have thought this sort of thing would be covered in the rent and matchday costs we already pay.

Terry Gibson's perm

Don't care either the books or cards work, whichever is cheapest for the club I will live with.

Astute

It sounds like........... Ah yes the way a lot of rumours are started. Well I heard from the cat who lives down the road from a man who replaced a tyre on the delivery van of the woman who supplies the batches to the chef who served a hotdog to the secretary of the person who purchases the software that makes the system work that they want all costs to be covered. It isn't much per ticket but works out a tidy little sum because of the thousands we will sell. It works out to be cheaper than having to have extra manning on turnstiles to take paper tickets all the time.

italiahorse

Thee is also ease of supplying tickets. If you have a card it is easy to add extra games on without even having human intervention. If done properly you could loose the CCFC ticket office . We go back into the realms of working with Wasps but that may be a step to far for Sisu at the moment.

skybluesam66

if we go back to the scanners, you can go to print at home - which then makes it easier , and you can then moved to targetted marketing much easier etc etc

The Gentleman

You seem to get told quite a lot by 'in the know' people Dave. Shame you've never actually announced anything prior to it breaking and backing it up. I guess you have to be on a certain side of the fence not to get ridiculed by 'some' on this forum when getting inside information.

Did he pull you to one side and say "I shall say this only only once" in a stereotypical crappy French accent and then tap his hose and signed off with a knowing wink

italiahorse

...but....but....but...all we need to do is ask and they give everything we want!?! I'm sure they will offer a fair rent deal after next season as well and won't even dream of ripping us off??!

You don't really know then ?
Let's hope Sisu don't make the same guess.
"Unknown ACL employee tells friend in pub his opinion on ACL quote who then posts it anonymously onto to bulletin board where it becomes fact to Salivating wasps haters"

italiahorse

I'd rather use the books than pay extra cash to ACL tbh

You'd have thought this sort of thing would be covered in the rent and matchday costs we already pay.

It probably is unless you went for the budget Aldi package.
It is however included in the Asda package and was certainly included in the original Virgin Kahuna package.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
There are likely to be system maintenance and licence costs a proportion of which would be passed on to CCFC. In the real world that is not unusual or unreasonable. But it has to be at a fair value.

Use of the card system would seem to be the best option in terms of efficient entry etc

However if it is cheaper for the club to use the paper books for season tickets I would prefer they did that and spent any savings on the team on the pitch

Ashdown

There are likely to be system maintenance and licence costs a proportion of which would be passed on to CCFC. In the real world that is not unusual or unreasonable. But it has to be at a fair value.

Use of the card system would seem to be the best option in terms of efficient entry etc

However if it is cheaper for the club to use the paper books for season tickets I would prefer they did that and spent any savings on the team on the pitch

Except the plastic cards were abused awfully by all accounts.

eastwoodsdustman

This could well have some truth in it as when the club were full tennants at the ricoh they were being charged very high amounts for everything by acl. This included all utilities, cleaning, phone systems and call and the like.

chiefdave

You seem to get told quite a lot by 'in the know' people Dave. Shame you've never actually announced anything prior to it breaking and backing it up.

Not really, only have one 'in the know' contact and that's someone I used to work with who now works for ACL. Not sure what news you'd like me to break prior to it happening as what we're discussing isn't really news its more how the day to day relationship between the club and its landlords is working, or not as seems to be the case.

italiahorse

Not really, only have one 'in the know' contact and that's someone I used to work with who now works for ACL. Not sure what news you'd like me to break prior to it happening as what we're discussing isn't really news its more how the day to day relationship between the club and its landlords is working, or not as seems to be the case.

What case ?

stupot07

Thee is also ease of supplying tickets. If you have a card it is easy to add extra games on without even having human intervention. If done properly you could loose the CCFC ticket office . We go back into the realms of working with Wasps but that may be a step to far for Sisu at the moment.

You would never lose the ccfc ticket office, you will still need tickets for away games, casual fans and new fans, and for upgrading tickets,etc. the cards are useful for ST holders but not in those other scenarios,

Except the plastic cards were abused awfully by all accounts.

Very true. Could save £10-20k (hypothetically - don't know the costs) by having cards, then lose out £50-60k from people abusing them. Then there's a net cost not saving from the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

chiefdave

You would never lose the ccfc ticket office, you will still need tickets for away games, casual fans and new fans, and for upgrading tickets,etc. the cards are useful for ST holders but not in those other scenarios

Remember the flex card thing they used to use? Think you had to buy it but then you got a discount every game, you could buy your ticket online and it would be activated on your card. Only problem was at that point we had bigger crowds and nobody that had a flex card knew where they were supposed to be sitting!

Users who are viewing this thread