Season Tickets!!! (8 Viewers)

shmmeee

Have checked and it’s highly unlikely that season tickets will go on sale before the weekend

Seems a waste. There’s currently no way for me as a fan to give the club money while my excitement is up.

Would be nice if they at least opened up ST renewals/moves.

Mucca Mad Boys

Poor show really as it stinks of them amending published prices.
There’s practical considerations here i.e. the club did not expect to be in the Prem next season. Hence the prices state Championship ST prices.

Why would anyone be calling for that? That's batshit. It would be a PR disaster, would be picked up in the media and get lots of negative coverage, and not sure if it would fall foul of any trading laws.

The price was published, it was clearly a 'regardless of division' price. Promotion and there is less need to hike prices, they'll be giving 5000 of them for free, a clear admission that ticket revenues become far less relevant once you reach the promised land with its gratuitous TV revenues.

Get them on sale now. Lose Saturday as we may lose some sales that we might have had in the bag over the past couple of weeks.

The season ticket details specify prices for the Championship

“There will be both Standard Zone and Premium Zone options for supporters. All Sky Bet Championship Season Ticket prices can be seen below:”

If we get promoted on Saturday, we will need significant investment. The season ticket prices quoted for next season would be about the midrange for a premium season ticket for this season - without adjusting for inflation.

Pragmatically, we’re going to want some serious investment in the playing squad, the needs to extract as much revenue as possible.

Last edited:

edgy

There’s practical consideratio

“There will be both Standard Zone and Premium Zone options for supporters. All Sky Bet Championship Season Ticket prices can be seen below:”

If we get promoted on Saturday, we will need significant investment. The season ticket prices quoted for next season would be about the midrange for a premium season ticket for this season - without adjusting for inflation.

Pragmatically, we’re going to want some serious investment in the playing squad, the needs to extract as much revenue as possible.

As stated though, season ticket revenues becomes irrelevant should the club reach the PL.

Nobbie_67

Glad you highlighted that clear distinction. I just hope they will keep these published ST rates as the income from promotion would outstrip the relatively small increase from an additional increase on ST sales.

Even better if they do the Early-bird renewals at those prices, held until kick-off on Saturday?

chiefdave

Is anybody else of the opinion it was unfair of the club to put PL ST’s back on sale after the first phase?

Some people took a much bigger risk than others who now benefit equally if it’s goes our way.

No fan’s fault obviously but poor from the club I think - although in recognise the need to maximise profits where possible
I bought one as soon as they were first offered. Couldn't care less they went back on sale. In fact I think the club missed a trick not pushing them more and giving them priority along with this seasons ST holders.

You actually could buy them as it just showed up as season ticket holder on your account but they never really mentioned that in their posts about them.

Robinshio

Is anybody else of the opinion it was unfair of the club to put PL ST’s back on sale after the first phase?

Some people took a much bigger risk than others who now benefit equally if it’s goes our way.

No fan’s fault obviously but poor from the club I think - although in recognise the need to maximise profits where possible
Little risk reAlly. My season ticket was 500 instead of 480 fixed for 5 years or a free pl season

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There’s practical consideratio

Good spot, but significant investment ain't gonna come from increased ST/ticket prices. Not when there's over £100m in TV money coming into the coffers.

Also, imagine the uproar if the £500PL package, which those fans would now be getting for free, turned out to be cheaper than some of the revised PL ST's?

Mucca Mad Boys

Glad you highlighted that clear distinction. I just hope they will keep these published ST rates as the income from promotion would outstrip the relatively small increase from an additional increase on ST sales.

Even better if they do the Early-bird renewals at those prices, held until kick-off on Saturday?

Limited availability to fans with a lot of loyalty points e.g. 500+ would be a sensible idea imo. Give the fans who have supported the club over the years the opportunity to get a cheaper PL season ticket.

Good spot, but significant investment ain't gonna come from increased ST/ticket prices. Not when there's over £100m in TV money coming into the coffers.

Also, imagine the uproar if the £500PL package, which those fans would now be getting for free, turned out to be cheaper than some of the revised PL ST's?

Exactly. The whole purpose of the Premier League package was to pay above the odds for a Championship season ticket in return for a dividend if we got promoted.

In the event we got promoted, to then sell premiership season tickets below that rate would make no sense.

The TV money is the main source of income but that isn’t a reason to sell season tickets below market value. The cheapest ST in the Prem this season was £549-550 (Brentford and Forest).

If we got promoted, £570 is a reasonable price to pay for a season ticket. A modest increase and works out around £30 a game.

Mucca Mad Boys

As stated though, season ticket revenues becomes irrelevant should the club reach the PL.

That clearly isn’t the case and there’s a reason the average season ticket price is nearly £950.

Football fans regularly want owners to invest more in the team whilst complaining about raising season ticket prices. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Brighton Sky Blue

That clearly isn’t the case and there’s a reason the average season ticket price is nearly £950.

Football fans regularly want owners to invest more in the team whilst complaining about raising season ticket prices. You can't have your cake and eat it.

You can. The average PL club owner is far richer than the average fan.

theferret

Limited availability to fans with a lot of loyalty points e.g. 500+ would be a sensible idea imo. Give the fans who have supported the club over the years the opportunity to get a cheaper PL season ticket.

Exactly. The whole purpose of the Premier League package was to pay above the odds for a Championship season ticket in return for a dividend if we got promoted.

In the event we got promoted, to then sell premiership season tickets below that rate would make no sense.

The TV money is the main source of income but that isn’t a reason to sell season tickets below market value. The cheapest ST in the Prem this season was £549-550 (Brentford and Forest).

If we got promoted, £570 is a reasonable price to pay for a season ticket. A modest increase and works out around £30 a game.

You are making no sense. They wouldn't be selling them cheaper, because those who have bought one will be getting it for FREE, that was the whole point of the scheme, that was the incentive.

You are also forgetting this offer was never really an option for kids, or the elderly. You cannot penalise the fans for whom the PL package was never really an option they could take by then lifting the price above that incentivised price.

You are also way out on your PL prices, miles out, there are sub £300 season tickets in the PL.

Mucca Mad Boys

You are making no sense. They wouldn't be selling them cheaper, because those who have bought one will be getting it for FREE, that was the whole point of the scheme, that was the incentive.

You are also forgetting this offer was never really an option for kids, or the elderly. You cannot penalise the fans for whom the PL package was never really an option they could take by then lifting the price above that incentivised price.

You are also way out on your PL prices, miles out, there are sub £300 season tickets in the PL.
The average came from The Athletic.

You’re not penalising fans at all. If people wanted to lock in a ST, they could’ve done with PL package. I considered it, waited and then they sold out. Mostly because I didn’t want to commit a PL package with my brother who’s not a full paying adult.

£480 as our most expensive ST is too low and you’re comparing our most expensive season ticket to other clubs cheapest.

We’re potentially going from a bottom end Championship team in terms of budget to a Prem. We clearly need to maximise all revenue streams and guess what? People will pay £500-600 for a season ticket.

torchomatic

I couldn't afford the Premier League thing. If we go up, I will be paying £400 more than you as you'll get your money back. So, why are you moaning about it?

twistandshout

I bought mine 2nd phase, simply because in the 1st phase the North Stand wasnt available to renew.
But it was still before the play offs started and you are right people who bought season tickets just to get play off final tickets got a cracking deal.
Doug must really need that £2.5 million.

Grendel

Why would anyone be calling for that? That's batshit. It would be a PR disaster, would be picked up in the media and get lots of negative coverage, and not sure if it would fall foul of any trading laws.

The price was published, it was clearly a 'regardless of division' price. Promotion and there is less need to hike prices, they'll be giving 5000 of them for free, a clear admission that ticket revenues become far less relevant once you reach the promised land with its gratuitous TV revenues.

Get them on sale now. Lose Saturday as we may lose some sales that we might have had in the bag over the past couple of weeks.

Although it wouldn’t be a great strategy it’s hardly in breach of trading laws. If promoted I’d set match day admission at £50 so the season tickets sell out

Grendel

I would think the season ticket allocation would sell out regardless if we were promoted.

There’s always I think an amount set aside for pay on the day

Grendel

Sky Blue Pete

I’d be furious if I were Doug. Should never be letting sales leads go cold because of poor processes for a calendared event. This whole thing (both ST renewals once the deal was sorted and the last few games ticket sales) seems to have caught them totally off guard.
No link with Doug yet
It has completely caught everyone out

Brighton Sky Blue

Its irrelevant though - if you have a premium product you expect to pay a premium price

In recent years we have paid higher prices to see the manager be given sod all to work with. Mr King is fine to hike up the prices further still but people will expect to see it being used on the team.

torchomatic

When standard season tickets go back on sale I would expect the Club to honour their pre-play off advertised prices. After all, what was the point in reducing costs after the backlash if they aren't?

Users who are viewing this thread