Season Tickets (3 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The price to income ratio has changed massively. Don’t pull that crap. Find me a house South of Birmingham for three times average income today!

If you think housing hasn’t got more expensive and been a massive lottery win for the older generation I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

Edit:
Here you go:

FTB-earnings.png
There are other factors nowadays that seem to be missed: mobile phone and internet connection charges are a monthly factor that we never used to have to worry about. It annoys me when people moan that they have no money but spend a fortune on phones and then have a takeaway 3 or 4 times a week. People want more instantly and then moan that they will never save for a deposit for a house , one with a long driveway for their land rover discovery they've bought on tap.

Grendel

The price to income ratio has changed massively. Don’t pull that crap. Find me a house South of Birmingham for three times average income today!

If you think housing hasn’t got more expensive and been a massive lottery win for the older generation I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

Edit:
Here you go:

FTB-earnings.png

How interesting- talking about interest can you add that to your pretty graph? It was 15% from memory in 1990 which meant a £30,000 mortgage attracted well over £300 in interest only payments. Can you factor that in?

What’s the answer then?

Grendel

There are other factors nowadays that seem to be missed: mobile phone and internet connection charges are a monthly factor that we never used to have to worry about. It annoys me when people moan that they have no money but spend a fortune on phones and then have a takeaway 3 or 4 times a week. People want more instantly and then moan that they will never save for a deposit for a house , one with a long driveway for their land rover discovery they've bought on tap.

This particular poster has said an internet connection is a basic need

pipkin73

When I brought my house it was 9% slowly went down to 5%. Was bloody hard but you paid it and whatever was left after all the other bills was yours. I used to get about 2 nights out a month if I was sensible but rounded all my bills off so at the end of the year I could have a well deserved holiday. But do agree, it's harder these days as wages are lower and less safety in jobs as a rule.

slyblue57

Anybody who has renewed could you tell me if its showing up yet on the ccfc account.
I renewed back in April but when I log in still not showing as renewed just last years.,

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Do you mean me ? Of course it is, particularly to the younger generation, those struggling to get on the property ladder. Do I need it ? Not particularly.

Grendel

Grendel

Grendal in chatting bubbles shocker, it's 2018 kid not 1865

Basic needs are defined as an essential to stay alive. To my knowledge there is no cause of death resulting from lack of internet availability

wingy

Basic needs are defined as an essential to stay alive. To my knowledge there is no cause of death resulting from lack of internet availability
Modern life means you wouldn't be able to function without Internet connectivity.
Maybe in sub sahara environs?

Grendel

Modern life means you wouldn't be able to function without Internet connectivity.

In what way wouldn’t you function?

Liquid Gold

We're in the process of moving our office in Ouagadougou to somewhere with reliable internet as it's impossible to do all but the most basic business in Burkina Faso without internet.

chiefdave

Grendel

More and more down south you need a phone with Internet access to even pay for parking. Numerous help resources are available online only as well

But this a discussion on basic needs. A car is a basic need?

Grendel

Grendel

As FP mentioned, is gas and electricity a basic need? Are supermarkets a basic need?

Gas and electricity yes as if you were cold you could die - a basic need by definition is something that without you cannot live or at least have a potential if incurring death or sickness without.

It’s not a basic need but a minimum expectation

Sick Boy

Gas and electricity yes as if you were cold you could die - a basic need by definition is something that without you cannot live or at least have a potential if incurring death or sickness without.

It’s not a basic need but a minimum expectation

I'm not sure we live in such a cold climate that you'd die from a lack of gas or electricity unless you were frail. How about supermarkets? This could be defined as a luxury as well.

Grendel

I'm not sure we live in such a cold climate that you'd die from a lack of gas or electricity unless you were frail. How about supermarkets? This could be defined as a luxury as well.

Supermarkets are not a need at all its a random example.

The point was based on the usual poor me generation which berates when House prices were low but failed to acknowledge the huge monthly payments.

When I had my first job I bought a house on £12k a year and nearly £400 on interest alone so around 40% just on the payments.

I bought second hand furniture a £100 car and worked several hours overtime.

Sorry today it would be moan moan and I don’t even have a super fast internet woe is me

Sick Boy

Supermarkets are not a need at all its a random example.

The point was based on the usual poor me generation which berates when House prices were low but failed to acknowledge the huge monthly payments.

When I had my first job I bought a house on £12k a year and nearly £400 on interest alone so around 40% just on the payments.

I bought second hand furniture a £100 car and worked several hours overtime.

Sorry today it would be moan moan and I don’t even have a super fast internet woe is me

I'm 33 and part of the 'poor me' generation. I've lived in overpriced run down accommodation that had barely functioning heating throughout winter, bought second hand furniture from house clearances, walked 2 hours a day for a roundtrip to work when I was not earning a lot etc etc.

I've worked hard to earn a comfortable wage now and regularly do 50-60 hour weeks. No generation has it is easy and faces hardships

Users who are viewing this thread