Season Tickets (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

I know its controversial but I don't see why Adults should pay more than seniors. The price should be split between the two. So many studies show now that that generation have more disposable income than adults who are likely still paying mortgages and supporting grown up or younger children and paying for those kids to join them at the football.

Terry Gibson's perm

I know its controversial but I don't see why Adults should pay more than seniors. The price should be split between the two. So many studies show now that that generation have more disposable income than adults who are likely still paying mortgages and supporting grown up or younger children and paying for those kids to join them at the football.

Your taking a risk here I mentioned this before not a lot of happy older fans:emoji_older_man::emoji_older_woman:

Sbarcher

Now, now - it's because we only ever see 75% of the game, the rest of the time we are down below having a piss and then making the long, slow climb back up the steps!

ceetee

Being a Senior doesn't mean I don't have to buy tickets for my children and grand children, although this season it was only at Notts County.
But yes, I didn't got to games, except the occasional treat, until after I was retired. It's not so much having more disposable income, (because you don't know how long you're going to live and how long the money has to last) it's also because you have all week to do your jobs so Saturdays are not so precious

Terry Gibson's perm

It starts too early at 60 people still have nearly bother 10 years before retirement

chiefdave

Never thought of that but now you mention it my parents, both long retired, have way more disposable income than I do. Their next door neighbours, also pensioners, must go on about 10 holidays a year. Maybe they should be subsidising those of us that work!

CovInEssex

We have supported City for 54 years and ST holders, after that many years don't see why, as seniors, we shouldn't get some sort of reward for all the years of loyal service.

I think this is the assumption behind it, that most seniors have supported us long before I was potato water

D

Deleted member 4439

Not a great deal of difference between adults and seniors anyway -

Having children is a lifestyle choice? Controversial, I know.

Not that much of a difference between senior and adult prices anyway.

AVWskyblue

Never thought of that but now you mention it my parents, both long retired, have way more disposable income than I do. Their next door neighbours, also pensioners, must go on about 10 holidays a year. Maybe they should be subsidising those of us that work!
I'm a senior CD, I also have 3 sons who are all married and have children so I buy all of the families STs every Year, I'm semi retired still overseeing the family firm, yet it's my pleasure to pay for the lot of us so we can all watch the Sky blues play as an extended family, grandkids as well

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Ashdown

I'm a senior CD, I also have 3 sons who are all married and have children so I buy all of the families STs every Year, I'm semi retired still overseeing the family firm, yet it's my pleasure to pay for the lot of us so we can all watch the Sky blues play as an extended family, grandkids as well

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk
Top man !!

Otis

It starts too early at 60 people still have nearly bother 10 years before retirement
Or do they?

I retired at 54. :)
giphy.gif

Old Warwickshire lad

The reason why I have disposable income is because I paid into pensions for 50 years.
I also paid nat ins. contributions for 48 years to get a pension at 65. The government has now reneighed on the deal, so I have to wait longer.
My contributions paid for today’s 30 something’s to get free nhs and schooling, and for their parents to get child allowance for their children.
F*** #£&*()’l., just fell off me soap box

Voice_of_Reason

When you're on a pension mate and have limited disposable income you might change your mind ! From an oap.

chiefdave

When you're on a pension mate and have limited disposable income you might change your mind ! From an oap.
Retired households have tripled their incomes in the past 40 years, substantially narrowing the gap in earnings with working-age households.

Back in 1977 the average pensioner household’s income was £10,500 (in 2016 prices, which account for inflation), just 52pc of the £20,200 earned by non-retired households.

But by the financial year ending in 2016 those pensioners’ incomes had risen to £29,500, according to the Office for National Statistics.

By contrast, non-retired households’ incomes had only doubled, rising to £41,900 on average.

On average over the past 40 years, retired households' real disposable incomes have risen by 2.8pc per year compared to 2.1pc for non-retired households.

That means pensioners have narrowed the gap, increasing their incomes from 52pc of non-retired households’ earnings to 70.4pc.

Gynnsthetonic

It's a shame Block 18 isn't included in the standard pricing structure as there is a limited choice left in that area. They may be able to sell a few more if this was the case!

chiefdave

Seeing a lot of posts on twitter from people who are either getting season tickets for the first time or are coming back after missing a few seasons.

Johnnythespider

I think those complaining about senior tickets being less than adults should just wait your fucking turn. I speak as someone who still has some time to wait until I can get one. Another case of people attempting to shoot themselves in the foot because they're too impatient to wait. If this happened once you got to 60 you'd start moaning about not being able to get a senior ticket anymore.

Sky Blue Harry H

In which case - if you can't afford one, borrow some money off a relative pensioner. When I get 'pensioner's rate' (fast approaching!) I promise to spend a few more quid in the club shop to make up the difference!

Users who are viewing this thread