second bid for city (1 Viewer)

lordsummerisle

Honesty for once this is about MONEY

For once? It's always about money, why else do you think an American property speculator would be interested?

Doubt very much if he has a signed picture of Tommy English as one of his prized possessions.

In fact, doubt if anybody would have a signed picture of Tommy English as their prized possession to be honest,so probably not the best example!

I always get worried about investors(China Malaysia Singapore) who want to give something back to the local community what about their local community. I come from Coventry I dont care what happens in these other countries so why should they?

It cannot be any worse than where we find ourselves today, I concur it is about money but isn't everything. If we as a Club/City can benefit - then bring it on.

BackRoomRummermill

I always get worried about investors(China Malaysia Singapore) who want to give something back to the local community what about their local community. I come from Coventry I dont care what happens in these other countries so why should they?

Ask the people of the North East about the big Nissan Plant that has been there for a few years , they are not worried too much about that for sure.

Otis

Why should he be able to judge now for us then?

He seems to be able to glide through all the troubles and tribulations of the club blithely, from the Robinson days to Sisu, and still be given support as "good old Joe" now.

If I'd hired somebody to do my electrics in my house and it had burned down(twice!), I doubt very much if I'd get them in to do it a third time!

He, and Sisu, were heavily backed by most fans at the time, not all though, some never have backed them..

Are you saying there was a fire at the Ricoh last week and Joe Elliot was responsible?

CCFC_GT

Just because he said it, does not mean all the other councillors would agree with him ... It's not just up to him ...These things usually comes down to votes.. I am sure there are many councillors would not agree with him/them

BTW I don't think it was Mutton who said it ... it was some other councillor with a similar sounding name to his ... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

This is a quote from Mutton, to add to the quotes I already posted from Maton:-

"if a FANTASTIC OFFER came in" for the Council's shares, the full council COULD vote on a change of policy.

Not sure now if this was in the context of the council's share of revenue or share of stadium ownership, but it sounds like the council's share of stadium ownership. In which case the policy would seem to be not to sell to any investor unless a shitload of money is offered. I guess we may find out soon enough.

chiefdave

it's a pretty common business practice, if you want to get planning permission etc for large scale projects you find something local to support as a sweetner. I imagine that's exactly what's happening here, they want access to land, ease of passing through planning permission, possible infrastructure changes to support what they're doing and their sweetner is we'll solve the problem of the Ricoh / CCFC.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

It cannot be any worse than where we find ourselves today, I concur it is about money but isn't everything. If we as a Club/City can benefit - then bring it on.
I agree anything that gives us some kind of hope is better than where we are now This time if we are taken over it has to be done properly no hidden agenda multiple companies etc and every time something like that happens we ask why and investigate and question no ltd holdings sbsl arvo sconset etcetc something in this something in that. I want to see a club that files its accounts on time debts shown etc want a club that listens to the fans invests and I dont mean multi million pound players but normal investment for a club in the league we are in.

bigfatronssba

Without knowing the facts, my instinct tells me Haskell sounds the better bidder.

The fact that the Asian bidders would hide behind a 'public board' concerns me. Haskell seems a lot more open.

Also his interest seems to have existed for a while, whereas these seem to have come from nowhere. Also there's the Paul Fletcher issue.

Sky Blue Dal

This is a quote from Mutton, to add to the quotes I already posted from Maton:-

"if a FANTASTIC OFFER came in" for the Council's shares, the full council COULD vote on a change of policy.

Not sure now if this was in the context of the council's share of revenue or share of stadium ownership, but it sounds like the council's share of stadium ownership. In which case the policy would seem to be not to sell to any investor unless a shitload of money is offered. I guess we may find out soon enough.

If any bid did come through, no matter how small or big, it will surely have to go through a voting process of whether to accept or not ... The council leadership has change recently, and a lot has happened since... I can imagine a many of the councillors from all cross parties may have had a change of opinion since.

Guess time will tell... I personally feel they would probably hold on to there half share as a caution but may put it through a vote and reconsider it if they feel the football club and the City of Coventry have benefitted from the new owners.

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

Without knowing the facts, my instinct tells me Haskell sounds the better bidder.

The fact that the Asian bidders would hide behind a 'public board' concerns me. Haskell seems a lot more open.

Also his interest seems to have existed for a while, whereas these seem to have come from nowhere. Also there's the Paul Fletcher issue.

Haskell is only one of a number if investors isn't he?

Besides, I'l take your Fletcher and raise with a Hofman and Elliott.

BackRoomRummermill

The rep was on the radio this morning.......... i find that quite open to be honest

thanks for that write up mate!

surprised councila r ebeing helpful when w eknow they wont give up ricoh

Everybody has a price, that includes the council. I think they would sell with clauses to ensure benefit to the City as a whole and if the price was a good deal. If your reading this Timmy, that excludes you nobody would give you control of the Ricoh.

theferret

What Paul Fletcher issue? He has been used as an informal consultant - no suggestion he is part of the bid or that he would be on the board if it ever happened. Asking for his input seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do - he is better placed than most people to advise a 3rd party on the background to this situation.

The idea of favouring one bid over another (even instinctively) when we know little of either of them seems odd to be honest. We can only wait and see.

Bill Glazier

Sisu really have painted themselves into a corner, haven't they? If they had been more straightforward and stuck to the re-negotiated rent agreement it could have been them joining in with what is clearly a substantial property and rail infrastructure opportunity. But now, because of their ludicrous shenanigans, ACL and the council quite rightly won't go near them and others will get the prize. I've never understood why some of our own clients and customers behave badly, and are then surprised why we don't want anything to do with them again. Business is the same as any other human transaction; it's based on trust ultimately.

Mucca Mad Boys

This "only show in town" line that is now bring ridiculed by some was probably valid at the time it was said. Only now that the club is up for grabs at a relatively knocked down price, do all the scavengers come out of the woodwork.

At the time it was said, admin wasn't looming and nor we're any investors, PH4 weren't going to bid if we weren't in admin.

The positive from these two bids is that they've included a bid for ACL, they've learnt from lessons from the dark past and recognise fully the importance in obtaining at least a 50% share in ACL... Now, I wonder if so many people will still oppose the club to do this, I will support them 100%.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

At the time it was said, admin wasn't looming and nor we're any investors, PH4 weren't going to bid if we weren't in admin.

The positive from these two bids is that they've included a bid for ACL, they've learnt from lessons from the dark past and recognise fully the importance in obtaining at least a 50% share in ACL... Now, I wonder if so many people will still oppose the club to do this, I will support them 100%.
By the club at the moment you mean Sisu NO

Nonleagueherewecome

Yet in another post you said sisu were the only game in town because it was created that way. Remind me whose ticking clock was it - I forget? Elliot or fletcher?

I think you're mistaking me for someone who adores Elliott? I don't, but I am able to consider that he made error's of judgement based on his love of the club. Maybe he could do that again, sure, but hopefully he's learned some valuable lessons.

Fletcher is just an arrogant prick with no reason to return to this club other than his chip-on-shoulder "unfinished business". No thanks. If he's merely an advisor in the bid and not someone who will be involved long-term, that may ease my uneasiness...although not easily.

Nonleagueherewecome

ahah NLHWC ripped to shreds yet again i see

back on topic was the guy on radio chinese or an british spokesperson?

Missed that one...I see a post of mine getting 6 likes, so if that's your definition of ripped to shreds...it's a fooking shite one!

Nonleagueherewecome

"likes" looooooooooooooool

the fakefuck generation...bless

Don't even use facebook myself...and I'm probably a lot older than you.

So where do I get ripped to shreds, then? :jerkit:

@richh87

He seems to be able to glide through all the troubles and tribulations of the club blithely, from the Robinson days to Sisu, and still be given support as "good old Joe" now.

If I'd hired somebody to do my electrics in my house and it had burned down(twice!), I doubt very much if I'd get them in to do it a third time!

He, and Sisu, were heavily backed by most fans at the time, not all though, some never have backed them..

Nobody has a crystal ball, and a guy that loves the club as we do will clearly do his best.

Who would you say IS qualified to decide?

Very well saying you never backed them, but in the years we've both posted on here you've never backed anyone or anything; presumably because it allows you to criticise and say "I told you so".

shy_tall_knight

Having worked for a company taken over by a hedge fund, Joe like most people would have been impressed by their single minded determination and if they said they would get us to the premiership i would have believed them, again I would have expected them to have had a strategy and had done appropriate due diligence. in 2007 they offered a way forward the club was insolvent and it allowed us to avoid administration and relegation at the time.

Nonleagueherewecome

Nobody has a crystal ball, and a guy that loves the club as we do will clearly do his best.

Very well saying you never backed them, but in the years we've both posted on here you've never backed anyone or anything; presumably because it allows you to criticise and say "I told you so".

Getting The Lord in as Bullshit Detector could be a good idea! At least Hoffman has his number, it's a start.

lordsummerisle

In the years since posting on here who has there been to back owners or board wise in the years since posting on here and previous to that?

Name them if you can?

Should I back people just because the majority say I should even If I think that they're no good?

No problem with anybody coming in and taking over, but not on blind faith, blind faith just means you end up walking into the road and getting run over, ignoring the people who shout "don't walk into the road, you'll get run over".

In answer to your question who is qualified to decide?

Probably me!

SRBs

I find the fact that Torchomatic has 'approved' this post is the biggest irony of this whole sorry affair....:facepalm:

torchomatic

He says in his first ever post on the board? :confused:

I find the fact that Torchomatic has 'approved' this post is the biggest irony of this whole sorry affair....:facepalm:

SRBs

The same Mr Fletcher who was slagged off on here as being a lying drunk? Well, the plot thickens.

Just the like same SISU some called our 'saviours'? Well, the plot is exposed...:jerkit:

torchomatic

JE or PF or someone new? All a risk really isn't it? Going on past form though I'd go for someone new.

luwalla

I think you're mistaking me for someone who adores Elliott? I don't, but I am able to consider that he made error's of judgement based on his love of the club. Maybe he could do that again, sure, but hopefully he's learned some valuable lessons.

Fletcher is just an arrogant prick with no reason to return to this club other than his chip-on-shoulder "unfinished business". No thanks. If he's merely an advisor in the bid and not someone who will be involved long-term, that may ease my uneasiness...although not easily.

ive never met paul fletcher, so ive no idea if he really is an "arrogant prick". but to fair to the guy, he was chief exec at huddersfield and oversaw an award winning new stadium for them.. he then went onto to be chief exec at Bolton & instigated & oversaw another award winning stadium build in the reebok arena.. he was then poached by the FA & oversaw part of the new wembley arena build before we poached him & he managed the ricoh build... he was then employed as the cheif exec at burnley , and during his time their they were promoted to the premier league

so if we are going to back someone on their past history, i dont think your going to win any arguments with Elliot over Paul Fletcher & his credentials!

that aside, on a personal basis, he may very well be an arrogant prick as you say.. all be it, an arrogant prick with an MBE for services to charity - so at least hes offsetting some of that "prickness" with doing some good for others..

Last edited:

SRBs

He says in his first ever post on the board? :confused:

Sorry, your 'opinion' obviously means more than mine.

I bow to your superior knowledge...:wave:

Excuse me if I don't agree with you, but I have read what you have posted, and it is quite frankly embarrassing that you still have the nerve to post on here.

torchomatic

Ah, it all becomes clear. What happened to WarwickCCFC or your other IDs?

I'm not blessed with the same hindsight as you. Be careful you don't say anything about any potential owner - either for or against - as I may use it against you in six years time.

Just the like same SISU some called our 'saviours'? Well, the plot is exposed...:jerkit:

torchomatic

Welcome back.

Sorry, your 'opinion' obviously means more than mine.

I bow to your superior knowledge...:wave:

Excuse me if I don't agree with you, but I have read what you have posted, and it is quite frankly embarrassing that you still have the nerve to post on here.

SRBs

Ah, it all becomes clear. What happened to WarwickCCFC or your other IDs?

I'm not blessed with the same hindsight as you. Be careful you don't say anything about any potential owner - either for or against - as I may use it against you in six years time.

You're the main man...well, the main 'turncoat' on here. :facepalm:

So, which side are you backing now?

The Chinese, Americans, or your old favourites, SISU?

Will you be handing back the shares 'stolen' from those in 2007?

No, didn't think so...forgotten about that, eh?!

Users who are viewing this thread