second bid for city (1 Viewer)

SRBs

Be careful you don't say anything about any potential owner - either for or against - as I may use it against you in six years time.

There 'speaks' a real man!! :)

Joy Division

ive never met paul fletcher, so ive no idea if he really is an "arrogant prick". but to fair to the guy, he was chief exec at huddersfield and oversaw an award winning new stadium for them.. he then went onto to be chief exec at Bolton & instigated & oversaw another award winning stadium build in the reebok arena.. he was then poached by the FA & oversaw part of the new wembley arena build before we poached him & he managed the ricoh build... he was then employed as the cheif exec at burnley , and during his time their they were promoted to the premier league

so if we are going to back someone on their past history, i dont think your going to win any arguments with Elliot over Paul Fletcher & his credentials!

that aside, on a personal basis, he may very well be an arrogant prick as you say.. all be it, an arrogant prick with an MBE for services to charity - so at least hes offsetting some of that "prickness" with doing some good for others..

Copied and pasted form his own biog?

torchomatic

There speaks someone with the same username on all CCFC forums. That's not your way, is it? No, you'd rather have a new one every couple of months. I don't make usernames up to agree with myself either. :jerkit:

You really need to let it go and stop the stalking. You give yourself away every time. What a prick.

There 'speaks' a real man!! :)

luwalla

Copied and pasted form his own biog?

nah but i did get the info from his profile.. as i think if you are going to start lauding or slating a person who is potentially going to be involved in the club, then the least you can do is actually look at their history of achievements or failures, rather than just make things up.. call it 'due diligence' ;)

torchomatic

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

ive never met paul fletcher, so ive no idea if he really is an "arrogant prick". but to fair to the guy, he was chief exec at huddersfield and oversaw an award winning new stadium for them.. he then went onto to be chief exec at Bolton & instigated & oversaw another award winning stadium build in the reebok arena.. he was then poached by the FA & oversaw part of the new wembley arena build before we poached him & he managed the ricoh build... he was then employed as the cheif exec at burnley , and during his time their they were promoted to the premier league

so if we are going to back someone on their past history, i dont think your going to win any arguments with Elliot over Paul Fletcher & his credentials!

that aside, on a personal basis, he may very well be an arrogant prick as you say.. all be it, an arrogant prick with an MBE for services to charity - so at least hes offsetting some of that "prickness" with doing some good for others..

I think you forgot to mention also was instrumental in ACLs rental agreement with the club and now says that the club cannot exsist with this rental agreement or did I imagine this and it was someone else I stand to be corrected if I am wrong:thinking about:

luwalla

I think you forgot to mention also was instrumental in ACLs rental agreement with the club and now says that the club cannot exsist with this rental agreement or did I imagine this and it was someone else I stand to be corrected if I am wrong:thinking about:

i didnt forget anything, you could list that as an achivement then , as he did a pretty good job for ACL with that agreement ( he was working for ACL at that time remember not CCFC ). although i guess the 'charity' side to him must have still been trying to look out for the club... as didnt he say that he recommended a clause to be included that the rent be reduced if the club were relegated, and the club refused to have this included :confused:

Joy Division

nah but i did get the info from his profile.. as i think if you are going to start lauding or slating a person who is potentially going to be involved in the club, then the least you can do is actually look at their history of achievements or failures, rather than just make things up.. call it 'due diligence' ;)

I didn't suggest anything untowards.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

i didnt forget anything, you could list that as an achivement then , as he did a pretty good job for ACL with that agreement ( he was working for ACL at that time remember not CCFC ). although i guess the 'charity' side to him must have still been trying to look out for the club... as didnt he say that he recommended a clause to be included that the rent be reduced if the club were relegated, and the club refused to have this included :confused:
Poacher turned gamekeeper

theferret

Enough, too many cold hard facts for one day. None of this is written in the scriptures.

Besides, you can list all of PFs achievements if you wish, but the fact remains he has never owned a car accessory shop, or a sunbed, and he does not attend games in a 13 year old Le Coq Sportif CCFC coat. He just isn't one of us.

luwalla

Poacher turned gamekeeper

as fans thats the way we feel about it i guess.. i felt the same when he was on the radio not so long back. i thought is he having a laugh!

but football is a business.. he was employed by ACL and he got a good deal for ACL... and not too long after he got that deal for ACL we took him from ACL to be chief exec at Coventry.. so we obviously thought he did a good enough job that we wanted him working for us. thats how the world turns im afraid

covcity4life

1356956372780.jpg

luwalla

Good.

Those 'achievements' are taken from his own biog, his own words. Just sayin

i never said biog.. and i never said from his own words ... i got this info from various sources including sky, Gaurdian, wikipedia & new york times.. but if you think there are inaccuracies in that info then im happy to be corrected .. just sayin

Last edited:

Joy Division

But they also happen to be verifiable and documented facts. Just saying like.

That's good, people should do this more often.

How's that 30 million development of the new stand at Burnley coming along?

theferret

That's good, people should do this more often.

How's that 30 million development of the new stand at Burnley coming along?

I don't know, enlighten me.

I suspect they were shelved after relegation from the PL and the failure to bounce straight back - which is understandable I guess. But you can correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure you will.

Joy Division

I don't know, enlighten me.

I suspect they were shelved after relegation from the PL and the failure to bounce straight back - which is understandable I guess. But you can correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure you will.

I don't know, I don't have all the verifiable and documented facts.

luwalla

i'll tell you one thing that would make me trust in any leader of any of these consortiums a little more.. be that elliot, fletcher, or hofman etc.. is if they said they were sticking in a decent size chunk of their own money and were actual financial partners.. rather than just 'faces' heading up groups

Nonleagueherewecome

In the years since posting on here who has there been to back owners or board wise in the years since posting on here and previous to that?

Name them if you can?

Should I back people just because the majority say I should even If I think that they're no good?

No problem with anybody coming in and taking over, but not on blind faith, blind faith just means you end up walking into the road and getting run over, ignoring the people who shout "don't walk into the road, you'll get run over".

In answer to your question who is qualified to decide?

Probably me!

Very well put. Although there's room for a chicken joke in there, surely? Ideally a Chinese takeaway chicken joke... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c3IZv-tMPU

Nonleagueherewecome

Well at least he'd be an arrogant prick who is less likely to screw a charity over, then :)

Joy Division

well paul fletcher is no longer at the club.. and the new stand project came to a grinding halt.

there are two facts

If he didn't appoint Brian Laws they might have had a chance of staying up. Masterstroke that one.

Nonleagueherewecome

What was the date the administrator was making his decision?

Isn't the deadline 31st May? Or my birthday. I never get what I want..

Nonleagueherewecome

Didn't he ask the court for 6 months more tho :S? I know he said 31 may for bids, but what is the 6 months for?

To fully investigate the clusterfuck that is the club I guess, although obviously the FL won't wait that long.

Users who are viewing this thread