Shareholder's meeting. (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

I would guess the reason Fisher has for what seems to be a lack of ambition when it comes to the stadium's capacity is that the ground will be built outside the city.
From what I've seen on here (and true for me as well), is that if it's not built within the city boundaries (or damn close to them), a lot of people won't go.
As to where you'd find a 60 acre site, close to Cov where you could build a stadium, academy facilities and I'd guess, a retail or leisure park, there really has to be a limited number of possibilities. Also land that size, ripe for development must cost a packet!

if that is TF thinking, you have to be concerned that they could look to muscle in on the northampton deal with their council ?

Steve_75

Just had a look at one site that may be feasible. There are a couple of fields in between the A45 and Rowley Road, over by Cov airport. They go from the industrial estate down towards Lunt fort.
Tried that map measuring tool linked earlier and it came out at just over 60 acres.
From what I can see, the Coventry boundary finishes with the A45 so in theory, this area could be outside of CCC control.
Easy area to spot on google earth as it has an odd pattern to it where it's been dug out.
Not great transport links at the moment but loads of work going on round there over the next few years to improve the roads.
Possible location?

StevieM

Warwick council poo poo'd the airport development with one of the main concerns being over the volume of traffic off the A45 roundabout. Can't see too much difference, even with the new flyover going in or whatever they are building, they wouldn't give them permission for the Fishbowl I reckon. Isn't it green belt up there anyway?

wingy

Curious to know how a development partner would view the prospect of teaming up with a failing football Club who Is shipping 80% of Its fanbase .What Is the draw to Invest In the land ,Pay a considerable chunk of the clubs construction costs?

Coming out the other end ,who would buy such a club for how much ?

Hobo

Just had a look at one site that may be feasible. There are a couple of fields in between the A45 and Rowley Road, over by Cov airport. They go from the industrial estate down towards Lunt fort.
Tried that map measuring tool linked earlier and it came out at just over 60 acres.
From what I can see, the Coventry boundary finishes with the A45 so in theory, this area could be outside of CCC control.
Easy area to spot on google earth as it has an odd pattern to it where it's been dug out.
Not great transport links at the moment but loads of work going on round there over the next few years to improve the roads.
Possible location?

But is it even for sale?

Users who are viewing this thread