Match Thread Sheff Utd (H) 12/03/22 (1 Viewer)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Having 5 central players charging forward at various times was brilliant yesterday. Dabo, Maatsen, Allen, Hamer (more so than usual) and O’Hare caused panic. Add to that Gyok cutting in from wide and leading the line from the middle and we looked as threatening as we have for ages.

Itd be interesting to see Godden swapped for Sheaf (as deep playmaker not cf) Sheaf can hold back allowing even more latitude for the other midfielders to break into the box and pick up the loose balls.

I’m not moaning, just think it might work.
Diamond rather then the box?

Colin Steins Smile

We benefitted yesterday from playing against a team that tried to play football and didn't include 11 neanderthal thugs [i.e. PNE]. The referee was useless and gave almost everything to SU. If we'd have been playing PNE we would have ended up with at least half our team in A&E.
Unless the standard of refereeing improves in the Championship, it encourages anti football teams.

clint van damme

We benefitted yesterday from playing against a team that tried to play football and didn't include 11 neanderthal thugs [i.e. PNE]. The referee was useless and gave almost everything to SU. If we'd have been playing PNE we would have ended up with at least half our team in A&E.
Unless the standard of refereeing improves in the Championship, it encourages anti football teams.

Sheff United weren't quite the bunch of cloggers we all expected.

slowpoke

That ain’t going to happen, just look at the crass standard of reffing in the premier league and those we get aren’t good enough to get in it.

olderskyblue

It was interesting to see Ohare being “interviewed” by Harry Roberts in the Coventry Club after the match. Signing shirts, having selfies etc. The Callum song at full blast in there too. Gus also signing autographs by the escalator.

didn’t think they‘d be allowed, specially with the boss going down with covid.

SBT

Is it just me or did Gyokeres look offside in the build up to the second goal? I thought it at the time but watching it back he definitely does look it unless there's someone out the picture playing him on. This is Godden playing the flick.
View attachment 24133

I must admit I thought he was miles off at the time, didn’t think the goal would stand.

SBT

OMG...so i was thinking 'who's the chap in the middle ?'
...maybe a match official or sponsor ??
It's only the GREAT Roland Nilsson...i'm so ashamed :oops:

Did they bring Nilsson out at half time? I was getting a pint, he’s the only guy I’d be gutted to miss.

Grendel

I must admit I thought he was miles off at the time, didn’t think the goal would stand.

I was in line and he looked miles off to me

The Philosopher

The “game management” shithousery needs to be looked at.

Opposition players going down with cramp in the final minutes: get a stretcher on.

Put a rule of 15 seconds to take a throw in, 15 seconds from when the ball is out back into the penalty area to take a goal kick. 30 seconds for a free kick. Do something like that.

Mcbean

There was very little time wasting when it was one nil to them compared to those other shithousery teams like Luton - however they didn’t have much chance 🤣

CCFC54321

Opposition players going down with cramp in the final minutes: get a stretcher on.

Put a rule of 15 seconds to take a throw in, 15 seconds from when the ball is out back into the penalty area to take a goal kick. 30 seconds for a free kick. Do something like that.
I’ve said this before in a previous post that standard of refereeing is an utter disgrace and a stain on the integrity of ‘professional’ refereeing in this country. The cheating with time wasting, going down injured to break up play, each opposition player taking it in turns to hack down one or two of our creative players.

I don’t buy this shit that this is what you need to do to complete. That’s not football.

Referees are paid to stop this nonsense going on and should be clamping down on it straight away.

I didn’t buy my season ticket to watch the Preston’s and millwalls just because they don’t have the players and coaches to make their players a better standard result in the dark arts and being rewarded simply because the referee won’t/ cant do his bloody job.

As you can see it brasses me off.

baldy

It was interesting to see Ohare being “interviewed” by Harry Roberts in the Coventry Club after the match. Signing shirts, having selfies etc. The Callum song at full blast in there too. Gus also signing autographs by the escalator.

didn’t think they‘d be allowed, specially with the boss going down with covid.

Why wouldn’t they be allowed? It’s not 2020 anymore

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Stop the clock when ball isn't in play. Then only goalkeepers holding onto the ball for ages is a problem.

Grendel

Stop the clock when ball isn't in play. Then only goalkeepers holding onto the ball for ages is a problem.

you can’t stop the clock the game would go on for ever

Grendel

Just have half an hour each half of in play time. Would work out about the same.

That was a discussion at some point.

They did a study of a game and it was something like 40 minutes the ball was actually in play - it was a premier league game.

the goalkeeper rule on time is there But never enforced . I don’t think there is one on throw ins. It’s more difficult I suppose but there could be a rule of say 10 seconds

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

They did a study of a game and it was something like 40 minutes the ball was actually in play - it was a premier league game.

the goalkeeper rule on time is there But never enforced . I don’t think there is one on throw ins. It’s more difficult I suppose but there could be a rule of say 10 seconds
Two easy things from me, firstly, fuck off towels for throw ins. Secondly whoever picks the ball up takes the throw in.

And yes, get the bloody refs to enforce the existing time-wasting rules!

shmmeee

Im not a fan of limiting time on set pieces TBH, there are occasions where it takes a while to set up. Whatever the actual in play time would be I think a clck stop would be the only way to stop time wasting.

There’s other stuff I’d like to see cracked down on like stopping quick free kicks and rotating fouls TBH.

rhino1002

Im not a fan of limiting time on set pieces TBH, there are occasions where it takes a while to set up. Whatever the actual in play time would be I think a clck stop would be the only way to stop time wasting.

There’s other stuff I’d like to see cracked down on like stopping quick free kicks and rotating fouls TBH.
I think that one thing that should be banned is substitutes in added time
why does a team need to make a substitute at this time of the game, Why?
ill tell you it is "to waste time"

shmmeee

I think that one thing that should be banned is substitutes in added time
why does a team need to make a substitute at this time of the game, Why?
ill tell you it is "to waste time"

But how would Tyler Walker ever get any game time?

Danceswithhorses

Just re-watching Sheff game on quest...well, the brief highlights.
How on earth were we not one of the main games ??
5 goals in total, 4 for us, and 27 chances for us ??

Users who are viewing this thread