Match Thread Sheff Utd (H) 12/03/22 (5 Viewers)

clint van damme

Been working this afternoon and just got back.

What a result! Glad to see Gyo and Godden notch again and continue their great runs this season.

Pleased for CoH. Hes always been a great player for us but his goals tally has been shocking. Let's hope he pushes on but good on him for the 2 goals.

And I've missed something with Dennis instead of MR and AV. Have they got covid or something?

Yeah, sounds like they've got covid

olderskyblue

Haven’t read the whole thread, but anyone know why it took sooooo long for our bench to spot the players waving for the trainer to come on when McFadz went down?

poor show ;)

Mucca Mad Boys

Best performance of the season for me. We battered them and could have reasonably scored 6 or 7.

COH was superb and had a real killer instinct today. He was selfish (in a good way) in his shot selection and the goal for his second was a good finish.

If he plays like this on a consistent basis, it takes us up another level and we won’t be able to keep him for longer.

Evo1883

Best performance of the season for me. We battered them and could have reasonably scored 6 or 7.

COH was superb and had a real killer instinct today. He was selfish (in a good way) in his shot selection and the goal for his second was a good finish.

If he plays like this on a consistent basis, it takes us up another level and we won’t be able to keep him for longer.

For me , our best complete 90 football wise was away at Huddersfield.. we were outstanding.

The result however is the difference , we just couldn't take our chances

Hutch11

I've not read the previous 26 pages, so apologies if I'm repeating statements by others. My take on todays game:
Moore - solid in the air.
Dabo - showed Kane how to play as a wing back. Played much further up the pitch and had a great game.
JCS - Class!
Hamer & Allen - were too quick for Sheff Utd's midfield.
Gyo - outstanding running and a great game....he is very one footed. If he can develop the ability to beat a player on the left side....he'll be unstoppable at this level.
Referee - Hopeless!
Dennis Lawrence - must have the coolest accent of any coach giving an interview today.
No mention of O'Hare 😳

lifeskyblue

Unbelievably good second half. Allen’s energy and stamina is incredible; he literally was everywhere. Not a poor performance from anyone and so pleased to see O’Hare bag a couple…unselfish with godden’s goal and could have had more.
To be fair to Sheffield they tried to play and match us …but just couldn’t…none of the predicted ‘sh*thousery’ from them and an open game played to our strengths. We seriously could have reached 7 or 8 goals today and it wouldn’t have flattered us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Anyone else think the pitch seemed better today? More grass on it and less bobbles.

Thankfully Wasps aren't playing this weekend at the Ricoh.

robbiethemole

Finham

I'm watching the game back to see the Legends Day lads and was bemused, but moved, by the massive hug between Michael Doyle and Micky Gynn. Talk about era's apart! Maybe Doyer knew Gynny from his Press Association work? Maybe he was his postman? Confederation of Michaels? It was unusual but really sweet!

Of course maybe the PA was out of synch and it wasn't Doyle.

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

The frustrating thing with us is the consistency.

Allen is a great example of this. I rate him and have been fairly questioned on this before. By all accounts he was superb yesterday.

This is symptomatic of our team as a whole - capable of doing it every other game when we need it more than that to trouble those play offs.

lordy_87

Is it just me or did Gyokeres look offside in the build up to the second goal? I thought it at the time but watching it back he definitely does look it unless there's someone out the picture playing him on. This is Godden playing the flick.
Screenshot_20220313-090337.png

Hutch11

Is it just me or did Gyokeres look offside in the build up to the second goal? I thought it at the time but watching it back he definitely does look it unless there's someone out the picture playing him on. This is Godden playing the flick.
View attachment 24133
Thought Godden dummied it and Vik was onside at the time of the through ball
I had had a few beers by then though

lordy_87

Thought Godden dummied it and Vik was onside at the time of the through ball
I had had a few beers by then though
I think you're right you know! It looks like Godden flicks it but now you say that I don't think he does. You can't see Gyokeres position when the first pass is played but oh well!

The Philosopher

The mobility in the middle with Allen and Hamer has been superb. And they have linked well. I think Gyokeres and Godden could be a productive partnership too. Dabo makes a difference also with his acceleration and quick feet.
Having 5 central players charging forward at various times was brilliant yesterday. Dabo, Maatsen, Allen, Hamer (more so than usual) and O’Hare caused panic. Add to that Gyok cutting in from wide and leading the line from the middle and we looked as threatening as we have for ages.

Itd be interesting to see Godden swapped for Sheaf (as deep playmaker not cf) Sheaf can hold back allowing even more latitude for the other midfielders to break into the box and pick up the loose balls.

I’m not moaning, just think it might work.

Perryccfc

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but scoring in each half at home for the first time this season I am sure will be a monkey of the back for some of the players. I can guarantee it’s been talked about amongst them. Big.

Users who are viewing this thread