Match Thread Sheff Utd (H) 12/03/22 (2 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

Wow, what a second half. Both teams decided to stop defending, could easily have been something like 8-3. Some great performances, in particular Vik, Allen and JCS…gutted Ohare didn’t get his hat trick

Typical city, a couple of losses on the bounce and then put in an attacking performance like that… flashing us their play off knickers once more !

Finham

Whilst channel hopping I just tuned into The Lavender Hill Mob (1951) on Talking Pictures and it was the scene where a classroom of schoolgirls were belting out The Eton Boating Song. My partner was most amused that I joined in, perfectly synched, with the lyrics to The Sky Blue Song at the top of my voice,

It's a sign, playoffs here we come!

Adge

Hey @Adge. Always value your opinion on refereeing decisions (even if I don't agree!). What are your thoughts on the backpass and our pen shout?
Back pass I can agree with. If as a keeper you are unsure you always air on the side of caution and hoof it away. Very messy as an official when you are trying to police that where 11 players are on the line and an indirect free kick in the area.
Penalty shout-not for me and again was the right call.

clint van damme

[QUOTE="theferret, post: 2489477, member: Just pissed oy my shoes.
[/QUOTE/]

Haha! Fair play

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Perhaps the best team performance I have seen this season, certainly one of the most satisfying.

Players that stood out for me

JCS was solid, not going to be beaten composed and decent distribution. Too often Sheffield forwards bully our defence, definitely not this time
Allen. Was full of energy, challenged well even won heading duels. For me he makes a difference as to COH plays because of his work rate.
Hamer largely bossed the midfield no mean feat given who he was up against. I can forgive a couple of wayward passes. Looked comfortable in his role.
Gyokeres. The Blades simply could not handle him, sometimes tries to do too much himself but a real threat had a great 90 minutes
COH, best game I have seen him play. I hope he gets lots of confidence infront of goal from this. For me he eased back on the racing helter skelter around the pitch (in part because Allen took some of that load) was more composed and found better more effective positions because of it. Got feeling he was holding back in the first half because of the Injury he had which perhaps changed his thinking too and led to his super 2nd half?

Great result, against a disappointing Blades team, but we were very good. MOM for me Gyokeres or Allen can't decide which

Finally that referee! Truly awful

pusbccfc

I'm absolutely smashed truth be told. Sitting on my ars3some where on burbages Lane trying to find Mt way home. Just pissed oy my shoes. I think. What a fucku g performance that was.

Quality. We've got Callum O'Hare.

Skyblueweeman

Been working this afternoon and just got back.

What a result! Glad to see Gyo and Godden notch again and continue their great runs this season.

Pleased for CoH. Hes always been a great player for us but his goals tally has been shocking. Let's hope he pushes on but good on him for the 2 goals.

And I've missed something with Dennis instead of MR and AV. Have they got covid or something?

JAM See

The team looked liked they believed again.

First time in a while that we have looked like a cohesive unit.

Hope it's not a one off.

Macca

A return to early season attack minded football which is exactly what we need to do to get another 5 wins and give ourselves a shout. If that’s the turning point I have been praying for and we play this way for the remainder of the season it could be a hell of a ride. Hands on heart the downward trajectory of recent months had led me to give up on top 6

olderskyblue

Real solid player wasn't he , Roland was a class act we slightly missed his prime years
He was class for us. Rarely put a foot wrong, except at Shef U in the Qf of the cup oddly enough…

Colin Steins Smile

I've not read the previous 26 pages, so apologies if I'm repeating statements by others. My take on todays game:
Moore - solid in the air.
Dabo - showed Kane how to play as a wing back. Played much further up the pitch and had a great game.
JCS - Class!
Hamer & Allen - were too quick for Sheff Utd's midfield.
Gyo - outstanding running and a great game....he is very one footed. If he can develop the ability to beat a player on the left side....he'll be unstoppable at this level.
Referee - Hopeless!
Dennis Lawrence - must have the coolest accent of any coach giving an interview today.

Users who are viewing this thread