Should drugs be legalised? (4 Viewers)

chiefdave

You were saying - Max Pemberton is not a Mail journalist either
Wonder what his source is for claiming 'cannabis has been shown to increase people’s preoccupation with religion, especially in young men' .

Searching for more information only brings up articles in the Mail, not the most reliable scientific source I would suggest.

skybluegod

So alcoholics have an illness, but heroin addicts are just weak minded............allllrightyyy then.o_O

Where have you got that from?
Being an alcoholic is weak minded?
I don't think having a couple is weak-minded , or going on a binge is weak-minded.
It is up to the individual?
I personally do not drink because I don't like the effect it has on me?
Being addicted to anything is weak-minded, because you got yourself into a stupid situation, and dealt with it in the wrong way imo.

Grendel

Do you feel the same way about alcohol? It is a much more destructive and powerful drug!

Alcohol is legal. This argument actually is counter productive.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Where have you got that from?
Being an alcoholic is weak minded?

Just struggling to see why you believe the use of an illegal drug is weak minded, but the use of a legal one is not.....

...or have I misunderstood? do you believe the use of alcohol is also weak minded?

Grendel

Wonder what his source is for claiming 'cannabis has been shown to increase people’s preoccupation with religion, especially in young men' .

Searching for more information only brings up articles in the Mail, not the most reliable scientific source I would suggest.

He works in the NHS but it goes against your argument I'm sure it doesn't - what about the studies on doubling physcotic behaviour - or I'd they made up as well?

skybluegod

Just struggling to see why you believe the use of an illegal drug is weak minded, but the use of a legal one is not.....

...or have I misunderstood? do you believe the use of alcohol is also weak minded?
As grendal has just said alcohol is legal? This argument is counter-productive and just stupid tbh?

I believe getting addicted to anything is weak-minded.
Doing any illegal drug is weak-minded.
I don't see why you think I think that drinking alcohol is weak-minded? I just said I should have been more specific with my initial comment, that doing illegal drugs is weak minded. And to add to that , getting paralytic every night (which has been pointed out as illegal) is imo illegal.

jimmyhillsfanclub

As grendal has just said alcohol is legal? This argument is counter-productive and just stupid tbh?

I believe getting addicted to anything is weak-minded.
Doing any illegal drug is weak-minded.
I don't see why you think I think that drinking alcohol is weak-minded? I just said I should have been more specific with my initial comment, that doing illegal drugs is weak minded. And to add to that , getting paralytic every night (which has been pointed out as illegal) is imo illegal.

So you quote a list of potential health problems relating to weed consumption as a reason not to do it, yet then dismiss comparisons with the far more harmful & addictive drug, alcohol, just because its legal...... and then state the argument is stupid.....

Ok then.....Ha Ha ha.

jimmyhillsfanclub

so it enhances your life

you need a drug for that

many dont

would you admit they are stronger perhaps?

No, don't need it at all. Same as I don't need the kit-kat that I'm going to eat after my ham & mustard buttie.....

but i'm going to eat it......because I like it.

skybluegod

So you quote a list of potential health problems relating to weed consumption as a reason not to do it, yet then dismiss comparisons with the far more harmful & addictive drug, alcohol, just because its legal...... and then state the argument is stupid.....

Ok then.....Ha Ha ha.

No the question was to list the effects and I did?
And I have said I don't think drinking alcohol is weak-minded unlike doing an illegal drug for which there is still very little understanding compared to alcohol

skybluegod

The Beatles smoked, drank & rarely went to local mosque.
I don't think grendal is saying that everyone that does it is a terrorist, but he is showing that usually the lowest people on the earth have done illegal drugs

Drugs are one of terrorists main sources of funding by the way. Just so you know

skybluegod

No, don't need it at all. Same as I don't need the kit-kat that I'm going to eat after my ham & mustard buttie.....

but i'm going to eat it......because I like it.
Serious question, do you do any other drugs? If so is that for the same reason?
If not then why weed and not others?

Grendel

Best ban alcohol as well then

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Name one extremist who has been caught who hasn't had a history of cannibis addition. It creates isolation and physotic behaviour in some which is a perfect breeding weapon for radicalisation.

skybluegod

Ok then.....Ha Ha ha.

Will also point out that In moderation, say 2-3 pints a week there is evidence that there is positive effect on people's quality of life. No such evidence for weed or any illegal drug.

chiefdave

He works in the NHS but it goes against your argument I'm sure it doesn't - what about the studies on doubling physcotic behaviour - or I'd they made up as well?
At no point have I said any study is made up. I merely queried what he was basing his assertions on. If its merely that he works in the NHS as you suggest I would think that leaves a lot more research to be done before a link can be confirmed.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Name one extremist who has been caught who hasn't had a history of cannibis addition. It creates isolation and physotic behaviour in some which is a perfect breeding weapon for radicalisation.

Classic 2 + 2 = 5 stuff there mate.

Cannabis doesn't create extremists & terrorists.......however extremists & terrorist may well smoke weed......

skybluegod

Classic 2 + 2 = 5 stuff there mate.

Cannabis doesn't create extremists & terrorists.......however extremists & terrorist may well smoke weed......

I will agree with you in that.
Think it is probably the case that.
Not all cannabis smokers are terrorists.
But all terrorists are cannabis smokers

Grendel

At no point have I said any study is made up. I merely queried what he was basing his assertions on. If its merely that he works in the NHS as you suggest I would think that leaves a lot more research to be done before a link can be confirmed.

Seriously? Name one of terror extremists identified who have not been associated with the drug?

Also perhaps you could comment on the rest of the article and the studies it references?

Grendel

I will agree with you in that.
Think it is probably the case that.
Not all cannabis smokers are terrorists.
But all terrorists are cannabis smokers

Correct and if they didn't smoke weed?

Users who are viewing this thread