Showing support for Palmer on Friday (3 Viewers)

Boicey

All clubs have idiots and the likes of the EDL creeping about stirring shit.
But, and they like a ‘but’, the response on that Wednesday forum and their social media (Facebook, podcast) is amongst the worst I’ve seen.
They have a particular problem that their decent majority need to act on it.
It’s no good pretending otherwise with ‘everyone’s the same’ because that just feeds a shrug of the shoulders and inaction.

alexccfc99

Show support to him by putting 5 past the bastards and serenading their half empty stadium with ‘You racist bastards you know what you are’

torchomatic

I think we'd have at least heard something like a "a 28 year old man from Sheffield has been arrested in connection with" even if they can't name etc

That may mean they don't know who it is. They probably can't go by seat number as he may not sit there permanently. It was pretty empty down where he was, it was the end of the game, he probably went down there to get out quick at thefinal whistle. No doubt, there will be many fans who know who he is. Closing ranks, I guess. I would hope we will hear news of an arrest before too long. Hopefully before Friday.

Cheylesmore ITK

I think we'd have at least heard something like a "a 28 year old man from Sheffield has been arrested in connection with" even if they can't name etc
I would of thought the lifetime ban would of been announced by now.

He's been caught on TV cameras doing, they don't even have to trawl through the CCTV footage to find evidence.

Otis

I would of thought the lifetime ban would of been announced by now.

He's been caught on TV cameras doing, they don't even have to trawl through the CCTV footage to find evidence.
He should be easy to spot.

I am pretty sure he walks to work every day looking like this.

Page Reading GIF

Irish Sky Blue

right back at you - now off you fuck
Shame that someone like yourself comes on with good intentions and then receives abuse. I think it’s good that fans like yourself come on here in the right way to make a point. I’d ignore those who seem threatened by this. We have plenty of Neanderthals who follow this club including racists and homophobes. Same as Wednesday and I would think every other club too.

Grendel

Good interview by Robins regarding the incident today which is getting a lot of coverage on Sky

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm not sure why this thread has gone this way given that nearly everybody is singing from the same hymn sheet here. It seems like some people feel like they need to get aggressive or outdo each other on the principles. I don't think that really constitutes the moral high ground and it isn't helpful either, neither the behaviour towards the SWFC fan who has come on here in what appears to be good faith.

Kasey should play tomorrow and take no mercy. I would imagine he will be fired up for it. I agree with Robins and his comments on the rest.

Covcraig@bury

So , if SW fans start with the racist chants and our players walk off do we forfeit the game or do we take the win by default ? And if by default who has the authority to give the result ? Or does it go to a replay behind closed doors ?
Im all for the players to walk off 100 % but I would like to know the answer to the above .

skybluelee

We beat Brentford in a 1 off shirt
Lost to QPR though in 21/22 (White Ricoh return shirt).
And lost against Watford in the brown 125 anniversary kit.
And lost v Spurs in the FAC in 11/12 in that cringe-worthy recreation of the cup final shirt
And drew with Sheff Weds in that bizarre white kit made to support our WC 2010 bid or some such bollocks.
Did beat Exeter of course in play-off final

All in all a mixed bag for our one off shirts, of which we seem to have had a shit load.

All the above from memory so could be talking bollocks.

SBT

It’s frankly outrageous that on the eve of us going back to Hillsborough, there appears to have been zero consequences handed out to either Sheffield Wednesday or any of their fans for what happened last weekend. Udinese have banned several fans for life, and the Italian authorities have ordered them to play behind closed doors because of a racist incident the same day. What’s taking their English counterparts so long?

torchomatic

It’s frankly outrageous that on the eve of us going back to Hillsborough, there appears to have been zero consequences handed out to either Sheffield Wednesday or any of their fans for what happened last weekend. Udinese have banned several fans for life, and the Italian authorities have ordered them to play behind closed doors because of a racist incident the same day. What’s taking their English counterparts so long?

Presumably SWFC and SYP are struggling to identify him.

nethertonowl

Man arrested after Kasey Palmer racism incident as police investigate with Sheffield Wednesday​

( sorry to come on your board, but like me I am sure this the be welcomed , at last the scum bag has been arrested).

A man has been arrested following reports of racial abuse towards Coventry City player Kasey Palmer in the final minutes of their Championship win at Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday evening.

Footage since shown on television appeared to show a man directing 'monkey gestures' towards the former Chelsea man, who reported the incident to the referee. The match was halted while officials spoke to both managers and the incident was referred to in a statement from FIFA president Gianni Infantino over the weekend.
Investigations are ongoing, South Yorkshire Police confirmed, and the man - who has not been named for legal reasons - has been released on bail.

Wednesday released a powerful video in midweek in which players expressed a zero tolerance policy towards discrimination and urged spectators to report any instances of abuse. Club captain Barry Bannan and manager Danny Röhl both spoke to condemn the actions and make clear they and the club would do everything they could to eradicate the presence of racism at Hillsborough.

An SYP statement read: "A man has been arrested following a racially aggravated public order offence at the Sheffield Wednesday FC and Coventry FC match last weekend (20 January).

"It is alleged that a Coventry FC player was racially abused during the match. We are continuing to work closely with Sheffield Wednesday FC and Coventry FC to investigate.
"We do not tolerate hate crime or disorder and anyone with information can report concerns to club officials and officers who will be present on the day. The man has since been released on police bail."

Sky Blue Pete

So , if SW fans start with the racist chants and our players walk off do we forfeit the game or do we take the win by default ? And if by default who has the authority to give the result ? Or does it go to a replay behind closed doors ?
Im all for the players to walk off 100 % but I would like to know the answer to the above .
Hmmmm you walk off and fuck the consequences they aren’t important
However it’s brave organisation that punishes the victim

rob9872

Fair play to SWFC fan for coming on here. Taking the knee has to be done in unity tommorow by both sets of players and maybe something amongst both set of fans? (Hopefully the small minority of usual suspects on here wouldn't disagree with that!)
Quite a tight space not sure a lot of our fans could get down on one knee and many wouldn't get up again

Covcraig@bury

Fair play to SWFC fan for coming on here. Taking the knee has to be done in unity tommorow by both sets of players and maybe something amongst both set of fans? (Hopefully the small minority of usual suspects on here wouldn't disagree with that!)
Just reading this and thinking all cov fans take the knee 🤔 I might need a hand getting back up but I will give it a go !

sotvtoday

Nobody will know the answer to that (least of all the FA) until after the 1st time it happens.

rob9872

Slippery slope though as you'll have dickheads doing things in the wrong end just to get games abandoned or points deducted.

Users who are viewing this thread