Simms + Wright = ? (1 Viewer)

djr8369

I think between them they’ll replace Vic goals and assists and people will complain because they cost more than him.

Probably going to see an Adebayo/Morris kind of return with their partnership. Looks like they got a combined 27 or so? I'd be pretty chuffed if they managed to split around 30 between them evenly in their first season together! Would be pretty incredible if we managed to bag 2 strikers that can score upwards of 15 goals each in a single season

Greggs

donkeys GIF

SBT

Way too early of course, but there wasn’t much understanding between them tonight. I worry that Simms is a tad miscast playing as a hold-up man.

SBT

Simms biggest asset is with the ball in front of him inside the penalty box , his all round game is poor . We need to play to his strengths and work on his weaknesses in training
I don’t think his all round game is poor at all. I just worry that him and Wright seem to be quite similar players in some ways - it may take us some time to figure out how they can each adapt to play together.

Astute

Not worried at all.

Every season a few decent teams start slowly. A bit of a mix of how the games fall and players not knowing how each other play. Can see Wright having a good season. Not sure about Simms yet but trust Robins.

We're getting plenty of chances. If they are strikers they will score. 25 to 30 if Simms struggles. 20 by Christmas if they both settle quickly.

slowpoke

They need time playing together, I thought MR would have started the pair yesterday to develop an understanding that takes matches.
We also need another am/forward call it what you want with goals in him too, there simply isn’t enough goal threat from the midfield area.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They've both got decent records in the past so hopefully they can get on the scoresheet soon to get them up and running and they start to show their ability.

SBT

They need time playing together, I thought MR would have started the pair yesterday to develop an understanding that takes matches.
I think Simms is short of match fitness if Robins’ recent comments are anything to go by

Ashdown

Simms biggest asset is with the ball in front of him inside the penalty box , his all round game is poor . We need to play to his strengths and work on his weaknesses in training
Fucksake if that’s all he’s capable of for £3.4 million then we’ve been had. Surely our coaching staff have seen more in him than that?!

Chris1987

It's a long season and the squad is full of new signings. Knee jerk judgements based on a couple of competitive games are pretty meaningless . Only time will tell which of the incoming players will be a success as they adjust to the system we play. We just need to get behind the team and support the club in what it's trying to achieve for now. Some are quick to criticise and readily choose to forget the terrible times the club has been through as a consequence of enhanced expectations.

CCFCSteve

30 goals+ between them and some assists.

Agree with this. As a partnership they could have everything if they gel well…strength, pace, power.

I’ve always been a big fan of Godden and he’ll get plenty of minutes still (maybe more from the bench once other two have bedded in properly). The Simms/Wright partnership ‘should’ be a proper handful for any defence though

Balli001

Ultimately we have a strike force, potentially in place for 4 years, and yet our fans expect them to click within 1 match. This season was always realistically going to be a transitional one and, as it progresses, im sure both of them will become much better and more comfortable than they do now.

SlowerThanPlatt

Ultimately we have a strike force, potentially in place for 4 years, and yet our fans expect them to click within 1 match. This season was always realistically going to be a transitional one and, as it progresses, im sure both of them will become much better and more comfortable than they do now.
I’m not sure Doug King would see this as a transitional season after the money spent. He’s been vocal that he wants the club challenging at the top end

Hincha

I’m not sure Doug King would see this as a transitional season after the money spent. He’s been vocal that he wants the club challenging at the top end

3 out of the next 5.

I imagine if they identified one of the seasons that we would be least likely to be pushing the play offs it would be this one.

We've had to overhaul the squad and many of the signings came in later than we wanted so didn't get a pre-season. If Hamer goes we're losing the core of last year with him & Gyok sold.

Can't expect top-end under those circumstances.

Grendel

Sunderland fans thought Simms was shit until November & Wright has just moved country and had no pre-season with us.

We probably will not see the best of these two for a good few months.

Simms scored twice on his debut and a goal the next game for Sunderland

Ashdown

Let’s at least give them 12-15 games to find their feet…..but honestly some of the excuses for these professional footballers you hear are laughable. Moved country, he’s American, he’s still young, not playing to his strengths, not fit yet, scored a few tap ins for Sunderland…….Here’s hoping they do come good but the excuses have to stop soon.

StrettoBoy

35+ between Simms, Wright and Godden.

We need the midfield to chip in and the centre backs to contribute from set pieces. We have looked better across the board from set pieces this season.

Eccles is showing promise with his corners and Van Ewicjk is a threat with his free kicks and long throw-ins.

Users who are viewing this thread