Simms + Wright = ? (6 Viewers)

Deity

Time for Robins to take the brave pill and drop Godden and either play Wright and Simms or just Wright and 2 10’s …..

Grendel

Wright doesn’t look a solo forward to me and where are the goals coming from

larry_david

Simms has to start. He's never going to get up to match speed with 15 mins off the bench. He needs to play now, and play himself into form.

Like it or not the future of this club in the forward department is Simms and Wright and those two need to play. Godden has done better than anyone would have thought but Simms and Wright are supposed to be the next level and we need to play them.

Godden can be off the bench. His all round game just isn't there. Two examples from Hull.

1) Ayari ran through a challenge and played it to Godden, back to goal with ten yard radius around him. Godden didn't turn and drive,he didn't play the immediate pass back, he delayed, waited for Ayari to drive past him before playing it behind him, move breaks down and they attack.

2) Binks steals it on half way and drives 20 yards, plays in godden on the left who without even looking aimlessly hits the first man, we get a corner and godden runs of with a determined look on his face like that was the best possible outcome. Meanwhile binks has his hands in the in frustration at how poor it was by Godden.

I actually like MG but you cannot possibly deny it, he is not on the same technical and physical level as some of our other key players

stupot07

Simms can score goals, if you watch this all bar 3 of his goals he's received the ball either in the box or just outside the box. I can't remember us creating a single chance for him. All his shots have been from distance and usually after he's had to carry the ball 15-20 yards.

I keep saying it, but he's more of a Godden but we're asking to play like he's Gyokeres.

Have Wright and Simms actually played any more than 10 minutes together in the league?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Simms can score goals, if you watch this all bar 3 of his goals he's received the ball either in the box or just outside the box. I can't remember us creating a single chance for him. All his shots have been from distance and usually after he's had to carry the ball 15-20 yards.

I keep saying it, but he's more of a Godden but we're asking to play like he's Gyokeres.

Have Wright and Simms actually played any more than 10 minutes together in the league?

I don’t think they’ve played together at all.

pusbccfc

I always thought Vik was better without Godden. Maybe there is a correlation?

Winny the Bish

This. 100% this. It’s the Tyler Walker/JCH situation all over again.

We’ve bought a striker whose entire game is being alive in the box and poaching - and Robins style of play means he has to chase opponents and create his own chances. Deja fucking vu.

stupot07

Pretty sure it was a front 2 at Wimbledon.
So excluding injury time they have played 22 mins Vs Wimbledon and 3 minutes Vs Watford together as a two. A total of 25 mins out of a possible 630 minutes we have this season (3.9%).

Evo1883

This. 100% this. It’s the Tyler Walker/JCH situation all over again.

We’ve bought a striker whose entire game is being alive in the box and poaching - and Robins style of play means he has to chase opponents and create his own chances. Deja fucking vu.
Get yourself down Ryton and tell the former professional striker and his ex Chelsea youth coach that they dont know how to play strikers 😂

I think he's playing wright correctly , and if Simms is on are we suggesting he shouldn't work ? Just wait in the box ?

What exactly is the " gyokeres " role ? To run the channels ?

Proper Football manager talk on here at times

And tyler walker ? Give me a break the lads shite

Evo1883

Look the reality is , we aren't creating enough good chances and that's FACT , the balls in from the wing backs are often too late or terrible and we rarely threaten through the middle ..

We are exceeding our XG which is still only the 12th highest in the league , we need to create more end of story

Reactions: AOM

Grendel

Look the reality is , we aren't creating enough good chances and that's FACT , the balls in from the wing backs are often too late or terrible and we rarely threaten through the middle ..

We are exceeding our XG which is still only the 12th highest in the league , we need to create more end of story

I don’t understand the strategy with the wing backs as they don’t seem to create much at all

We still try and play far more through the middle of the pitch

Evo1883

I don’t understand the strategy with the wing backs as they don’t seem to create much at all

We get the wing backs high often but the deliveries are mostly just terrible and aimless

wingy

Get yourself down Ryton and tell the former professional striker and his ex Chelsea youth coach that they dont know how to play strikers 😂

I think he's playing wright correctly , and if Simms is on are we suggesting he shouldn't work ? Just wait in the box ?

What exactly is the " gyokeres " role ? To run the channels ?

Proper Football manager talk on here at times

And tyler walker ? Give me a break the lads shite
Yeah but what about positive discrimination?

Grendel

We get the wing backs high often but the deliveries are mostly just terrible and aimless

Everyone thinks Da Silva is an upgrade - Milan clearly is but he seems as good defending as getting killer crosses in

NorthernWisdom

Everyone thinks Da Silva is an upgrade - Milan clearly is but he seems as good defending as getting killer crosses in
In the days when Dabo was good, his strength was carrying the ball from defence to attack - in effect doing the role that Hamer did through the middle. I assume that's why we go with the wingbacks we do, to enable more of a subtle transition.

Evo1883

Da silva does the stuff inbetween very well , and can defend to his credit .. Milan is brilliant but we definitely have an issue with poor deliveries , the ball is never pinged early at 50 miles per hour infront of the 6 yard box and it drives me mad my old man will tell you 😀

We even have situations where our wing backs will have all the time in the world to pick a pass and still mess it up every time

Mucca Mad Boys

Let’s at least give them 12-15 games to find their feet…..but honestly some of the excuses for these professional footballers you hear are laughable. Moved country, he’s American, he’s still young, not playing to his strengths, not fit yet, scored a few tap ins for Sunderland…….Here’s hoping they do come good but the excuses have to stop soon.
There is something to be said about the midfield and their ability to create chances in open play.

If we have Hamer in our team, most of our draws will most likely have been wins and we’re in a far better place.

Evo1883

Dasilva 0 big chances created and 67% pass accuracy in the opposition half

Van ewijk is the same practically

Ryan Giles got 11 assists last season from wing back

Just a bit more quality on the delivery wouldn't go a miss

CCFCSteve

I think this has been one of the main issues so far. Robins has set up midfield relatively defensively based on having more attacking wingbacks but to date it hasn’t quite worked/clicked. Hopefully as the defence gets used to each other the WBs will be more confident pushing into dangerous areas. Surely we’ve got to start using MVE pace more in attacking areas ?!

pusbccfc

Agreed.

If we are playing 5 in defence, do we really need two deep lying midfielders?

shmmeee

Godden has played every minute of every match.

skybluecam

Pretty sure it was a front 2 at Wimbledon.
It was, and Simms should've scored from a rebound that fell to him. Also had a decent effort saved late on.

That was a strange game though, felt very preaseason friendly like until they made some subs late on that injected some energy.

Users who are viewing this thread