Skyblues Trust email received this afternoon (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Once the club leaves Coventry then it stops being my football club. In fact I would be happy to see it lose.

Grendel

dadgad

Cheaper rent? Possibility to take all match day income? As a business point of view all pros.

However, that would be outweighed by reduced attendance, reduced income, etc.

So, all in all, not much of a plan.
In point of fact a completely idiotic non starter.
High time people woke up to what has actually happened to the club over Sisu's tenure and realised that these people haven't finished yet. :(

oakey

Didn't ACL reject approaches from CCFC to renegotiate rent? Would it not appear that CCFC have been pushed into this?

10,000 fans paying an average of £15 per ticket = £150,000 income per match. Minimum of 23 matches. How can CCFC not afford £400,000 rent even ignoring F&B income? I know they have to pay the players but still there is no excuse to move from Coventry.

The CableGuy

Don't think for one minute that I believe it can happen or should happen, but the Ryton site is twice the size of the Ricoh and Arena Shopping Park combined. Space wouldn't be an issue, nor would I suspect road upgrades - since the Highways Agency are planning to upgrade the area around Toll Bar anyway

http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/road-projects/a45a46-tollbar-end-improvement/
http://assets.highways.gov.uk/roads...hibition_leaflet_A45_tollbar_End_Junction.pdf

I wonder if this could reopen the efforts to expand Cov Airport?

But anyway.......WTF are SISU thinking?

CCFCDan87

Cheaper rent? Possibility to take all match day income? As a business point of view all pros.

However, that would be outweighed by reduced attendance, reduced income, etc.

Cheaper rent = less fans at the new out of city ground. Matchday income will be taken by whoever runs the ground. Not to mention who will provide stewards and more police needed due potential trouble with locals. It's a no brainer

Flying Fokker

Didn't ACL reject approaches from CCFC to renegotiate rent? Would it not appear that CCFC have been pushed into this?

Read the dozens of threads on that issue and you may come to a different conclusion. Or maybe not?, CCFC fell feet first in to this situation because of years of mismanagement, aggressive business practices and subsequent breakdown of negotiations. They played hard ball and lost.

stupot07

Cheaper rent = less fans at the new out of city ground. Matchday income will be taken by whoever runs the ground. Not to mention who will provide stewards and more police needed due potential trouble with locals. It's a no brainer

It doesn't matter, my feeling is the Trust should have at least agreed to have some dialogue over it before dismissing it all together.

CCFCDan87

It doesn't matter, my feeling is the Trust should have at least agreed to have some dialogue over it before dismissing it all together.

SISU are bullies and they've showed that in the past. Us as fans need to stand up to them. If they at the slightest chance think they can dictate the trust they will

Mucca Mad Boys

Didn't CCFC reject a new and improved offer by ACL? I guess you missed that?

Are we not allowed to reject an offer then change our minds?

If ACL genuinely care, then they would've sat down negotiated, if they couldn't come to an agreement, fair enough, but to plain reject is not a good thing.

trondegilsoltvedt97

I am not neccesarily pro SISU, pro ACL, pro Council- simply pro the club

As far as I am aware, ACL have said no more negotiations on a lease (Get out of Coventry!)

Thats leave the club in a situation of having nowhere to play and nowhere in Coventry that wants us to play there. Looking elsewhere is the only option the for the club to carry onn, and talking to us the fans is good. For too long it has been said on here that things are done without talking with fans- the club is now doing so via the trust and is now being criticised.

Whether you agree with everything (or nothing!) that SISU have done, the team needs somewhere to play!

wingy

Exactly! .

what a paranoid world we exist in but this was my view ,although theres no Gaurantee the trust would learn anything from it ,could quite easily be misled and still get called Sisu Bashers.
i'd say they've acted on the basis of the Majority view though Stu.:thinking about:

Tonylinc

If ACL genuinely care, then they would've sat down negotiated, if they couldn't come to an agreement, fair enough, but to plain reject is not a good thing.
WHAT!!!!! Acl did negotiate with Sisu and THOUGHT that they had reached an agreement on terms but the very next day Sisu "forgot" that the meeting had taken place.

CCFCDan87

If I remember rightly it was SISU who stopped all negotiations for several months and haven't paid rent for over 12 months!

trondegilsoltvedt97

But according to Les Reid yesterday, agreements were made between ACL/Council and Sisu on the mortgage to Yorkshire Bank and then went adrift too- forgotten by ACL. 2 sides to every coin

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Just a thought playing at the Ricoh average crowd 10000 at average price of say £15 = £150000x23=£3.45million -rent 0.4million=3.05 million
Ignore the polls and say crowd drops by50% 5000 at average price of £15 = £75000x23=£1.725million even with no rent max=1.725

Now we know that the people that will travel will be a lot less than 50% so can the financial genius that thought this idea up tell me how this benefits the club,or am I missing a fundamental point here?

wingy

But according to Les Reid yesterday, agreements were made between ACL/Council and Sisu on the mortgage to Yorkshire Bank and then went adrift too- forgotten by ACL. 2 sides to every coin

Put yourself in each parties shoes ,remember some of the dialogue /soundbites thoughout this spell they refer to ,ask yourself who has employed the greatest more costly Lawyers ,advisors ,PR firms ,press agencies ,who is losing this battle of wills .

wingy

Just a thought playing at the Ricoh average crowd 10000 at average price of say £15 = £150000x23=£3.45million -rent 0.4million=3.05 million
Ignore the polls and say crowd drops by50% 5000 at average price of £15 = £75000x23=£1.725million even with no rent max=1.725

Now we know that the people that will travel will be a lot less than 50% so can the financial genius that thought this idea up tell me how this benefits the club,or am I missing a fundamental point here?

Think the retort would come ...............Think long term.

torchomatic

Stingray. :whistle:

No BHSB ,as they used to say in Thunderbirds" Anything could happen in the Next Half Hour".:facepalm:

Mucca Mad Boys

Read the dozens of threads on that issue and you may come to a different conclusion. Or maybe not?, CCFC fell feet first in to this situation because of years of mismanagement, aggressive business practices and subsequent breakdown of negotiations. They played hard ball and lost.

Is this issue a game? There's a club at stake, and for all the times people say SISU don't care about the club, how can people say ACL care? They have shown no compassion but more importantly ACL are more concerned, it appears, with getting one over SISU than thinking of the club.

When I hear CCC/ACL representatives say how they want the best for CCFC because they support the club, reminds me of a racist saying they aren't racist just because they have black friends and family, it just doesn't work that way.

wingy

Troy Tempest .............Marhina.............Phones??? the work of the late great Jerry Anderson.

wingy

Is this issue a game? There's a club at stake, and for all the times people say SISU don't care about the club, how can people say ACL care? They have shown no compassion but more importantly ACL are more concerned, it appears, with getting one over SISU than thinking of the club.

When I hear CCC/ACL representatives say how they want the best for CCFC because they support the club, reminds me of a racist saying they aren't racist just because they have black friends and family, it just doesn't work that way.
Hey youngman you were very happy for these guys to see how far they could push it ,its not surprising there are consequences.:thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread