Skyblues Trust email received this afternoon (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Is this issue a game? There's a club at stake, and for all the times people say SISU don't care about the club, how can people say ACL care? They have shown no compassion but more importantly ACL are more concerned, it appears, with getting one over SISU than thinking of the club.

When I hear CCC/ACL representatives say how they want the best for CCFC because they support the club, reminds me of a racist saying they aren't racist just because they have black friends and family, it just doesn't work that way.

If they didn't care about the club why didn't they evict them 6 months ago?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Is this issue a game? There's a club at stake, and for all the times people say SISU don't care about the club, how can people say ACL care? They have shown no compassion but more importantly ACL are more concerned, it appears, with getting one over SISU than thinking of the club.

When I hear CCC/ACL representatives say how they want the best for CCFC because they support the club, reminds me of a racist saying they aren't racist just because they have black friends and family, it just doesn't work that way.

Yes poker thing is the stake is Coventry City

J

Jack Griffin

But according to Les Reid yesterday, agreements were made between ACL/Council and Sisu on the mortgage to Yorkshire Bank and then went adrift too- forgotten by ACL. 2 sides to every coin

You are talking bollocks, it was SISU's story not Les Reid, he just repeated the incridible and unbelievable story told in their court submission.

Anyway, there was no agreement, there was maybe a discussion where I believe SISU tried to lure ACL/CCC into an untenable situation which they could exploit ruthlessly.. foutunately the morals of the gutter do not apply to all and sundry.

trondegilsoltvedt97

You are talking bollocks, it was SISU's story not Les Reid, he just repeated the incridible and unbelievable story told in their court submission.

Anyway, there was no agreement, there was maybe a discussion where I believe SISU tried to lure ACL/CCC into an untenable situation which they could exploit ruthlessly.. foutunately the morals of the gutter do not apply to all and sundry.

OK that is your view, I am just writing what Les Reid put in his article. Absolutely no need for saying things like "you are talking bollocks".

torchomatic

Got mine, thanks Michael.

mattylad

I understand why CCFC need to eventually move to a stadium where full revenue is going into the club but I also think that the SBT is taking the correct stance by refusing to get involved in the process that will see CCFC move into a temporary home outside of Coventry.

Mucca Mad Boys

Hey youngman you were very happy for these guys to see how far they could push it ,its not surprising there are consequences.:thinking about:

I still think SISU were right in doing so, it was a gamble that didn't pay off, but a gamble worth taking, I wouldn't be surprised at the reaction if ACL was an independent private company, but they're not, and the way they are portrayed you'd think they gave us the ground for free, the perception of ACL is not the reality, they pretend to care, but based on actions, they don't really care that much, else they would've been more generous as well as being willing to cooperate when SISU came with their tails between their legs.

I think may have a party when this fiasco is over and done with, the sooner the better, it's just idle chit chat (well for some, arguing) now between posters, it's just so fatiguing talking about this.

Sky Blue Kid

I still think SISU were right in doing so, it was a gamble that didn't pay off, but a gamble worth taking, I wouldn't be surprised at the reaction if ACL was an independent private company, but they're not, and the way they are portrayed you'd think they gave us the ground for free, the perception of ACL is not the reality, they pretend to care, but based on actions, they don't really care that much, else they would've been more generous as well as being willing to cooperate when SISU came with their tails between their legs.

I think may have a party when this fiasco is over and done with, the sooner the better, it's just idle chit chat (well for some, arguing) now between posters, it's just so fatiguing talking about this.

For 12 months they did!:facepalm:

pugwash

ACL is a business in it's own right, and their goal is to run the Ricoh for profit rather than subsidise a tenant that doesn't want to pay the rent. Neither the council or the Higgs Trust are in business to support badly-managed football clubs. It doesn't matter how much some people may care about seeing CCFC succeed, at the end of the day they have to pay their own employees / suppliers / etc. Sisu/CCFC have known exactly how much the rent was for years ..... it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it was going to be too high for a league-one club. They left it waaaay too late to renegotiate, and then appear to have taken the completely wrong heavy-handed approach from a position of weakness. If they had had the basic foresight to restructure the contract 4 or 5 years ago, all of this could have been avoided - it makes me so mad.

Sub

can somebody explain why fisher is making statements about CCFC LTD when the administrator is in charge and fisher is not ? i thought fisher and muppets ran CCFC holdings seen as LTD have no assets ? :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

ACL is a business in it's own right, and their goal is to run the Ricoh for profit rather than subsidise a tenant that doesn't want to pay the rent. Neither the council or the Higgs Trust are in business to support badly-managed football clubs. It doesn't matter how much some people may care about seeing CCFC succeed, at the end of the day they have to pay their own employees / suppliers / etc. Sisu/CCFC have known exactly how much the rent was for years ..... it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it was going to be too high for a league-one club. They left it waaaay too late to renegotiate, and then appear to have taken the completely wrong heavy-handed approach from a position of weakness. If they had had the basic foresight to restructure the contract 4 or 5 years ago, all of this could have been avoided - it makes me so mad.

What happened to poor old council and poor old charity?

Clearly CCC are in the business of subsidising failing businesses, given that they bailed out ACL.

The situation has changed from 5 years ago, the ambition would be to get to the prem ASAP, where rent wouldn't be relevant, that failed, and the club has been in slow decay.

ajsccfc

can somebody explain why fisher is making statements about CCFC LTD when the administrator is in charge and fisher is not ? i thought fisher and muppets ran CCFC holdings seen as LTD have no assets ? :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

This doesn't really count as a statement, seems more like politicking than anything.

ajsccfc

Exactly, it's all behind the scenes stuff that he knows will get out without him having to put it out himself.

Sky Blue Kid

What happened to poor old council and poor old charity?

Clearly CCC are in the business of subsidising failing businesses, given that they bailed out ACL.

The situation has changed from 5 years ago, the ambition would be to get to the prem ASAP, where rent wouldn't be relevant, that failed, and the club has been in slow decay.

Doesn't investment and ambition go hand in hand where a Football Club is concerned?
Two ingredients SISU have proven to be lacking where CCFC are concerned!

Ashdown1

I'm beginning to wonder if Taylor is not a WUM. He articulates himself very well and comes over as a lot more mature than the supposed 18 year old he purports to be.......................Talks utter garbage mind you !

torchomatic

As was mentioned on the radio this morning, why did Fisher approach the Trust with 2000 members and not 7000 STH?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm beginning to wonder if Taylor is not a WUM. He articulates himself very well and comes over as a lot more mature than the supposed 18 year old he purports to be.......................Talks utter garbage mind you !

Just because someone speaks well doesn't make the actual content any better. It is also possible for us young folk to speak properly!

luwalla

fisher & sisu were very clever in the way they did this.. no official announcement or question to the fans.. but they know the trust is out there & in the public eye right now so they put the question to them in a 'non officia'l way.. knowing that it will cause the uproar that it has.. mission accomplished !

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
fisher & sisu were very clever in the way they did this.. no official announcement or question to the fans.. but they know the trust is out there & in the public eye right now so they put the question to them in a 'non officia'l way.. knowing that it will cause the uproar that it has.. mission accomplished !

The question was put to Trust reps at an official face to face meeting with Fisher & Waggott.

Otis

Question: When people on here have suggested the SBT enter into some dialogue with the club and have alluded to their asking if the move would be short term or long term, what are they expecting Sisu to say?

Are Sisu really going to come out and say 'long term?' Of course they're not. They are going to say short term whatever the intention.

As someone has hinted at before, it will take about 3 years to plan/build a new ground anyway.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

Yes.

I'm not paying to watch an morally corrupt investment company destroy my once proud club.

Last edited:

Grendel

Question: When people on here have suggested the SBT enter into some dialogue with the club and have alluded to their asking if the move would be short term or long term, what are they expecting Sisu to say?

Are Sisu really going to come out and say 'long term?' Of course they're not. They are going to say short term whatever the intention.

As someone has hinted at before, it will take about 3 years to plan/build a new ground anyway.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

The club can't even organise enough programmes for sale some matchdays.

The thought of actually pulling this together is funny really.

When they were locked out for the last 3 games the players were training at the ground, it was tended by CCFC groundstaff and the police were advised all along that we would be playing there.

It's about as real as WWF wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread