So stadium location will not be announced soon? (2 Viewers)

@richh87

It's strange that very few (on here) thought new players would be brought in

I don't think that's true at all. Who said that?

I think people expected some freebies / people with no future at the club - which is what they got.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

magic82ball

It's strange that very few (on here) thought new players would be brought in, they have and as I've previously said if we don't return to the Ricoh (and it's looking less & less likely) a new stadium will be built.

Otherwise the Sky Blues will have nowhere to play, is that what the majority of you want?

We will return to the Ricoh as tenants before we build a stadium you imbicile.

ecky

Been made perfectly clear 'the site will be revealed when the i's are dotted & the t's crossed'.

Far too many parties involved and these situations are always drawn-out and protracted, unfortunately.

However, things are progressing all be it just a little slowly as usual with all property & land deals.

You better beleive it!

I would think by your comment that you belong to the flat earth society and that the moon is made of cheese?
Oh yer and the Titanic was unsinkable?

martcov

It's strange that very few (on here) thought new players would be brought in, they have and as I've previously said if we don't return to the Ricoh (and it's looking less & less likely) a new stadium will be built.

Otherwise the Sky Blues will have nowhere to play, is that what the majority of you want?

The Majority of us - City fans - want Coventry City to play in Coventry. We do not think that Sixfields is like Highfield Road as you once said. It is looking less & less likely that a new stadium will be built. There are no plans, no finance ( we would have heard if they had backers ), no land purchase and no-one has been invited to tender for the building of the "Pie in the Sky" stadium. Sandra Garlick is only concerned about the empty sky blue coloured seats camouflaging the players..... Nuff said.

bigfatronssba

If its not in Coventry I would rather the current CCFC were shut down enabling us to start again in our city.

Mr T - Sukka!

There is no new stadium. There is no proof of a new stadium.

You have to see there is no evidence whatsoever.

If it was built not in Coventry many would not go. So they would lose the thing they are trying to create revenue.

bigfatronssba

If it was built not in e. coventry many would not go.

Exactly.

At the moment CCFC is playing in Northampton with no plan to return.

Even if I believed that they are serious in building a new stadium (which im not) there is still no plan. All they have is an IDEA that they want to build a new ground. That isn't a plan.

bigfatronssba

Been made perfectly clear 'the site will be revealed when the i's are dotted & the t's crossed'.

Far too many parties involved and these situations are always drawn-out and protracted, unfortunately.

However, things are progressing all be it just a little slowly as usual with all property & land deals.

You better beleive it!

Just a quick question RFC.

Do you think our owners are stupid enough to buy land for a stadium without discussing it with the local authority first?

martcov

Our hapless hedge fund is funding CCFC for x amount of millions a year with investors money. Then taking a portion back and paying the investors a return in the form of interest ( the investors are in effect paying themselves interest ), SISU then take some of the investors money as management fees for themselves. It is very like a " Ponzi scheme ". They have to keep the investors in ARVO happy, and so they say they have an exciting plan for a new stadium and will win a JR against CCC. Everyone is delighted. In the meantime they hope that something positive will happen and they will earn some money somewhere ( not necessarily here ) and be able to restock ARVO.

kmj5000

Did you post this on the wrong thread by mistake!?

RFC

The Majority of us - City fans - want Coventry City to play in Coventry. We do not think that Sixfields is like Highfield Road as you once said. It is looking less & less likely that a new stadium will be built. There are no plans, no finance ( we would have heard if they had backers ), no land purchase and no-one has been invited to tender for the building of the "Pie in the Sky" stadium. Sandra Garlick is only concerned about the empty sky blue coloured seats camouflaging the players..... Nuff said.

With the greatest respect, the above is total and utter nonsense IMHO!

RFC

If it was built not in Coventry many would not go. So they would lose the thing they are trying to create revenue.

If what you're stating is correct, how do you know that?

I know what I know is FACT (will not divulge my sources), let's just wait and see when it's announced!

Always assuming a deal can't be done for the Ricoh even though the door is firmly shut, although not yet locked!

Rusty Trombone

If what you're stating is correct, how do you know that?

I know what I know is FACT (will not divulge my sources), let's just wait and see when it's announced!

Always assuming a deal can't be done for the Ricoh even though the door is firmly shut, although not yet locked!

How long are SISU prepared to wait? Why would a land seller be prepared to wait for SISU to decide whether they are buying?

RFC

Just a quick question RFC.

Do you think our owners are stupid enough to buy land for a stadium without discussing it with the local authority first?

Already approaches being made but not with CCC.

Signed 'Confidentiality Clauses' do prevent reliable information coming out.

wingy

Are you suggesting the authorities approached under FOI,have witheld content or god forbid lied?

bigfatronssba

Are you saying that the surrounding local authorities replied with false information to the FOI requests?

You do realise that a civil servant who responds to a FOI request with false information could potentially be looking at a custodial sentence for such a crime?

shmmeee

I thought we'd strengthen. This madness would be 10 times worse with a weakened team. And Pressley would probably fuck off, giving them absolutely no good will.

bigfatronssba

I'll leave you to decide that.

Lol!

So some junior council official earning £20k a year is going to risk a prison sentence to help sisu keep a secret!

That is the best yet.

shmmeee

I'll leave you to decide that.

I'll decide they haven't considering every time either Fisher or Labovitch accuses someone of lying it's utter bullshit. See Simon Gilbert about Labovitch's "misquote" accusation. It's their game to do character assassination, frankly now any time they say they've been hard done by I assume they're lying.

RFC

Four of which two are preferred and this will only change if it's knocked back to Goverment.

Rusty Trombone

Four of which two are preferred and this will only change if it's knocked back to Goverment.

Presumably with the housing market picking up, and the house builders buying up lots of land, SISU need to move pretty quick, otherwise these sites will be sold to someone else.

asb

With the greatest respect, the above is total and utter nonsense IMHO!

Explain to us all how the team, and I mean those players on the field and the manager (that you only care about) really want to play outside of Coventry.

...No not Sisu RFC, It's CCFC we are talking about, the players maybe do want an end to this needless distraction, so they can gain the support they truely deserve.

Explain why you are so concerned with the profits of a hedge fund.

...No not Sisu RFC, Its CCFC we want to see financially viable, and not loaded with debt for a stadium to gain pie money.

Explain why you do not wish that the majority of fans needs are met by the club, by playing in Coventry.

...No not Sisu RFC, It's CCFC we all want to support but are prevented from by the actions of a hedge fund.

Everything you say RFC just demonstrates that the clubs future as seen from your perspective is a very bleak future for many, many, CCFC fans...

...and therefore a very bleak future for CCFC the team, manager, and players, that are your sole concern.

bigfatronssba

Please don't miss quote me, otherwise I might sue! LOL!

I didn't intend to misquote you, I am just concerned about some of the things that are happening here.

The current situation is either:

A) Some of the local authorities have lied in response to FOI requests, a very serious crime.

B) Fisher and Labovitch have lied.

I'm just trying to establish who is the liar.

Astute

I honestly think that SISU did plan to build a stadium.

The problem is they knew nothing about football and nothing about building something like a stadium. I think their plan was to take us to the Prem and cash in. They did invest to do this........but had the wrong people in charge to do so. Then when they decided to build a stadium they found out how expensive it is. They found out it isn't easy either. And they have also found out that football clubs outside the prem don't have much value to them. They are money pits. They also know there is nowhere in Coventry that they could build one. And they have found out that if it is outside Coventry many of us won't go.

Maybe their best idea (or so they thought) was the Bees stadium. Put some new stands in there. And they would also get rent from the Bees. But no chance of getting permission......and would a speedway track fit on the outside of a football pitch :D

So they know they would lose even more money building a stadium for a football club which has no value. So stuck with a football club that owes them millions that has no value. How can they make money? 'Hey that Ricoh arena must be worth a few pence.....lets try a bit of litigation. It normally works'

bigfatronssba

An even bigger site now then? How much do you expect the land to cost?

There aren't even these big sites available locally anyway.

That only leaves undeveloped land, and I will put my neck on the line here and say there is zero chance of getting a football stadium built on greenbelt land.

Rusty Trombone

There aren't even these big sites available locally anyway.

That only leaves undeveloped land, and I will put my neck on the line here and say there is zero chance of getting a football stadium built on greenbelt land.

I agree, I just enjoy trying to get an answer from our friend RFC who likes to pop in and out. It wouldn't completely surprise me if they did buy some land though, and they don't need to speak to councils first to do that. I just think they might buy some to try and drag the game out a bit more, and they could always sell it later, may even make some money on it.

Users who are viewing this thread