Sorry to raise this again / Dale Evans (5 Viewers)

oucho

Our friend in Norfolk just posted on Facebook a letter, partly redacted, supposedly to him from a firm of solicitors on Norwich, dated pre-Christmas, which claims "proof of funding" had been "provided to the Football league association as per Laura's request".

The letter was supposedly emailed by someone call Jade Tinney who according to Google is a solicitor at a firm called Clapham and Collinge based in Norwich. Hilariously, the letter includes a whole paragraph specifically asking him "not to publicise this or post it to social media, lest "it gives them an excuse or pretext to renegotiate or delay."

He has now deleted this and again we expect nothing but it did mention 2nd January as he has previously.

I doubt anything will come of it, and can't share the whole thing as it was deleted before I could copy it, but thought it worth passing on if only for the LOLs.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Our friend in Norfolk just posted on Facebook a letter, partly redacted, supposedly to him from a firm of solicitors on Norwich, dated pre-Christmas, which claims "proof of funding" had been "provided to the Football league association as per Laura's request".

The letter was supposedly emailed by someone call Jane Tinney who according to Google is a solicitor at a firm called Clapham and Collinge based in Norwich. Hilariously, the letter includes a whole paragraph specifically asking him "not to publicise this or post it to social media, lest "it gives them an excuse or pretext to renegotiate or delay."

He has now deleted this and again we expect nothing but it did mention 2nd January as he has previously.

I doubt anything will come of it, and can't share the whole thing as it was deleted before I could copy it, but thought it worth passing on if only for the LOLs.

He is in full mental bullshit mode again, wasn't going to bring it up .... but since someone else did, I saw this a few hours ago.
upload_2018-1-7_20-20-3.png

stevefloyd

Well lets hope he is a complete fantasist because as I have said before god help us if Ronald McDonald takes us over

oucho

hill83

ImpureFinishedDevilfish-max-1mb.gif

oucho

Nick would rightly point out that it's very easy to cook up something like this that's not genuine. And just because discussions are taking place doesn't make a transaction inevitable (see T.Fisher's conversations with Coun Mutton, for more on that).

But there is a ring of plausibility around the scenario - when my company was sold recently, the directors had to go to the solicitors together with the new owners, and all had to sign off reams of documents to make it all official; all this was coordinated by the solicitors. Google says Jade Tinney is a commercial solicitor based in Norwich.

But the best lies are those that sound plausible and are shrouded in truth. Until there's an announcement (and surely Sunday night is not the time), we still assume this is hot air and nothing more.

Last edited:

oucho

Can someone contact the solicitors and verify the validity of it?
They'd likely cite client confidentiality or just say they don't comment on their work, even to deny they're working on things.

Reactions: RFC

Captain Dart

Hobo

I have bought a lottery ticket, so a deal could be done soon.

duffer

He's going to risk getting himself into a boat load of trouble if he's started faking letters from solicitors.

To be honest, and with no disrespect intended to Ms Tinney, her profile suggests that she's only relatively recently qualified. I would have thought that a takeover of this magnitude would have been handled by someone a little higher up in the organisation.

oucho

oucho

oucho

Love it how he's gone from "Christmas coming early", implying a takeover before Christmas, to this date slipping to January and then slipping again, to "I've submitted an offer" which is clearly not the same as "a takeover".

A takeover would take time to complete, they're not going to say "yes, there you go" and announce it at 10.30 on a Sunday night....it would take weeks by which time transfer window will be closed. Even if he gave MR a war chest to spend tomorrow, chances are we haven't scouted the sort of players we could acquire with extra budget.

chiefdave

Why is the text in the email marked as forwarded but the email itself not?
What solicitor sends emails at 10:30pm on a Saturday night the weekend before Xmas?
Who is the Football League Association and why doesn't a solicitor know how to capitalise correctly. Is it supposed to be the Football Association or Football League.
The email is sent after the last working day before Xmas yet talks about completing by the 29th, touch optimistic?

Winny the Bish

I can't decide what's the most CCFC thing possible:
1) This joker being admitted to an insane asylum when it turns out that Hoffman kicked him out of the consortium and he decided to create multiple email addresses to message himself on
2) He actually becomes the owner of Coventry City Football Club

I'm leaning to number 2

Otis

Hmm, it's as if everything he has wanted us all to believe just happens to be conveniently in that first line of the email.

Proof of funds - Check
Amount of money - Check
'Releasing' (lol) the club to him - Check

"I can be part of a strong consortium, with supporting funds from other business sources. Nah!!! I will fund the whole thing all by myself, using up all my money (the £10m I won, the £4m that came from who knows where and the other £6m I found down the back of the sofa)."

I think this is Gary Hoffman right now.

giphy.gif

Otis

I think the second one was mocked up and posted on Facebook by someone else, just to show how easy it is to do.
Oh, right. :)

Just struck me as the kind of letter someone would think a legal/business might look like. You can put in all kinds of shit as long as you say 'forthwith' 'due diligence,' 'yours sincerely' and 'Dear Dale.'

oucho

I think the second one was mocked up and posted on Facebook by someone else, just to show how easy it is to do.
You mean the first one is genuine????

Users who are viewing this thread