Sorry to raise this again / Dale Evans (1 Viewer)

Otis

..and, more practically how do you make use of that fact. I don't think I could ring the NHS and get someone sectioned for an addition to lying. I doubt there's a designated rehab facility. So whether you or I call it an illness or not, what use is it?
Yeah, I know.

I just think people shouldn't be so quick to want to give him a slap if there's something in him that can't stop him keep doing this.

I said from very early on that I think he needs help and I do still believe that.

Bonotelli01

Yeah, I know.

I just think people shouldn't be so quick to want to give him a slap if there's something in him that can't stop him keep doing this.

I said from very early on that I think he needs help and I do still believe that.

I think you're probably right. But I don't think he needs help in a legal sense or diagnosable sense so I doubt he'll get it.

Otis

Christ. If ever there was a Monty Python sketch waiting to happen.. It writes itself!

But joking aside, how would you get him to engage? Don't see it..
Down to his wife, friends and family.

Also nowt to stop them registering on there themselves and asking for advice on what THEY can do to help him.

Otis

Had a quick look and there are some very genuine, saddening cases on there of people losing girlfriends and friends and respect etc.

Bonotelli01

Had a quick look and there are some very genuine, saddening cases on there of people losing girlfriends and friends and respect etc.

But in practical terms, I don't ever seeing him accepting the issue to that extent. But yes, perhaps useful to his family as a resource.

Otis

But in practical terms, I don't ever seeing him accepting the issue to that extent. But yes, perhaps useful to his family as a resource.
Yes, exactly. I am sure he would be most reluctant, but at least his family could maybe have better understanding and learn some coping strategies.

Otis

Been having a bit of a browse and there is plenty of help out there and you can download free guides and all sorts.

I would say this needs sorting before he gets in any real bother. As people have said, the consequences can be quite severe and end up with a custodial sentence.

olderskyblue

It was probably more people thinking that, not believing somebody could be such a fool to let it go that far and put his family at risk.

Maybe. This guy had already put his family at risk by not paying any maintenance for his wife and young kids, but none of his mates knew that. I guess they saw all his bullshit as harmless until he conned one of their own group.

Different story to Dale of course, but even then, none of them thought he had mental health issues (who knows if he did or didn't), they just thought he was a wanker.

Irrespective of mental health, they were right on that point...

Bonotelli01

Been having a bit of a browse and there is plenty of help out there and you can download free guides and all sorts.

I would say this needs sorting before he gets in any real bother. As people have said, the consequences can be quite severe and end up with a custodial sentence.

Thanks, Otis. I'll forward it on but ultimately as you say it'll be up to them to force the issue and whether there's the motivation to do that I don't know. You know how people can be. "Thank god that's over. He must have learnt his lesson this time.."

Nick

Administrator
Thanks, Otis. I'll forward it on but ultimately as you say it'll be up to them to force the issue and whether there's the motivation to do that I don't know. You know how people can be. "Thank god that's over. He must have learnt his lesson this time.."

Why not:

"You need to apologise Dale" ?

Not even so much the CCFC fans, maybe the solicitors he imitated etc.

olderskyblue

Why not:

Nick

The potential problem with this is he has to admit he has lied, and be sorry for it.

The guy I have mentioned would still argue that everything he said was true, no matter how much "proof" you showed him. He would probably accuse you of doctoring said "proof"...

Nick

Administrator
Nick

The potential problem with this is he has to admit he has lied, and be sorry for it.

The guy I have mentioned would still argue that everything he said was true, no matter how much "proof" you showed him. He would probably accuse you of doctoring said "proof"...

Isn't that a case of him actually believing it then?

Bonotelli01

Why not:

Because I don't think he will, Nick. I'm not close enough to the situation as it stands right now to say for certain but I wouldn't be surprised if he was still sticking to the story and coming up with ever more fantastical explanations for why a solicitor has said the email was a forgery.

And even if he has accepted the game is up, you can tell him anything you like but I would have thought he's more likely to keep his head down.

If there is an apology I suspect it will be a grandiose Facebook post (who knows, maybe the CET or CWR would allow him to make a public one!?) with some reason concocted for why this all happened which of course brings him more attention.. would that be a good thing.. ? I wouldn't have thought so.. it'd probably make things worse..

Grendel

Bit then isn't an addiction an illness?

So is drug and alcohol addiction. I still think of a driver drunk as a skunk kills someone or drug addict high on whatever assaults someone they pay the price.

Nick

Administrator
Because I don't think he will, Nick. I'm not close enough to the situation as it stands right now to say for certain but I wouldn't be surprised if he was still sticking to the story and coming up with ever more fantastical explanations for why a solicitor has said the email was a forgery.

And even if he has accepted the game is up, you can tell him anything you like but I would have thought he's more likely to keep his head down.

If there is an apology I suspect it will be a grandiose Facebook post (who knows, maybe the CET or CWR would allow him to make a public one!?) with some reason concocted for why this all happened which of course brings him more attention.. would that be a good thing.. ? I wouldn't have thought so.. it'd probably make things worse..

Like I said, I mean more to the people like solicitors or who's house he was going to buy than CCFC fans.

It's when you put things like that I kind of hope he does get what's coming to him.

olderskyblue

Isn't that a case of him actually believing it then?

Nope. He knew it was bullshit, just couldnt stop his lying.

Bonotelli01

Like I said, I mean more to the people like solicitors or who's house he was going to buy than CCFC fans.

It's when you put things like that I kind of hope he does get what's coming to him.

Agreed. But I don't think he will quietly and sincerely apologise and I don't think any action will be taken. I think everything he's got coming to him he's already had in the loss of access to his football club and his camaraderie with it's fans, which I know seems very soft when you're talking about a house seller who's lost time money and possibly his own dream home but it will be a bigger deal to him than you might think.

Otis

So is drug and alcohol addiction. I still think of a driver drunk as a skunk kills someone or drug addict high on whatever assaults someone they pay the price.
Don't disagree with that and understand it is easy to excuse anything (drunk because of death in the family, drug user because you were abused, that sort of thing).

Otis

You started it!

(Day off, literally watching paint dry if not on here!)
Yep, he did and when he first posted it I did let out a bit of a gulp.

Let's hope it all just goes away and is forgotten about and I do hope this Dale can take his son up the football once again, even if it does mean him keeping his head down and wearing a false moustache.

JimmyHillsbeard

There’s a consensus here. Evans is addicted to publicity. He’s told vey tall tales that seem to have been confirmed as unreliableas many of us thought from the start.

He’s had the chance to withdraw from the limelight and declined to do so. Either those close to him haven’t tried to get him to cease and desist or they have not been successful in their efforts.

Most of his claims have come through old and new media. CWR (who to my mind were irresponsible in the way they advertised the initial interview), twitter accounts with pictures of him and Mr Elliot and the Mad Hatter and various fans who have championed his cause have to take some responsibility for feeding his addiction to attention.

Finally I note most of his excessive claims have been through his own Facebook account. It seems to me that having as many new friends as possible on social media might also be feeding his narcissism.

Can we stop adding to his fame now? It’s bollocks. He’s an unfortunate character at best and has held himself and some of the club’s fans up for ridicule by his behaviour.

Let’s try and stop it now please.

Otis

There’s a consensus here. Evans is addicted to publicity. He’s told vey tall tales that seem to have been confirmed as unreliableas many of us thought from the start.

He’s had the chance to withdraw from the limelight and declined to do so. Either those close to him haven’t tried to get him to cease and desist or they have not been successful in their efforts.

Most of his claims have come through old and new media. CWR (who to my mind were irresponsible in the way they advertised the initial interview), twitter accounts with pictures of him and Mr Elliot and the Mad Hatter and various fans who have championed his cause have to take some responsibility for feeding his addiction to attention.

Finally I note most of his excessive claims have been through his own Facebook account. It seems to me that having as many new friends as possible on social media might also be feeding his narcissism.

Can we stop adding to his fame now? It’s bollocks. He’s an unfortunate character at best and has held himself and some of the club’s fans up for ridicule by his behaviour.

Let’s try and stop it now please.
Yep.

I am guessing that as a compulsive liar once he started and got caught up in the lie he had to just keep on lying.

olderskyblue

Just a thought
If he does decide to get help from one of the organisations otis has mentioned, would that qualify as.....State Aid ?? :eek:

Bonotelli01

Yep.

I am guessing that as a compulsive liar once he started and got caught up in the lie he had to just keep on lying.

I think he himself was probably surprised by how every door he pushed against seemed to open.

"I've won £14million" is a pretty standard Dale lie. But then when he's gone to have a look at that house he's no doubt found himself confronted by a super impressed estate agent treating him like, unsurprisingly, a millionaire. Then he's put it on Facebook and everyone's massively jealous. Everyone wants to hear his story and get betting tips. No one's asking the real questions. Then he's put an offer in for the house and actually had an acceptance letter. Then he's rang the radio saying he's looking at buying the club and they've actually put him on the air! I think he probably expected to hit a brick wall at some point that just never came..

Nick

Administrator
I think he himself was probably surprised by how every door he pushed against seemed to open.

"I've won £14million" is a pretty standard Dale lie. But then when he's gone to have a look at that house he's no doubt found himself confronted by a super impressed estate agent treating him like, unsurprisingly, a millionaire. Then he's put it on Facebook and everyone's massively jealous. Everyone wants to hear his story and get betting tips. No one's asking the real questions. Then he's put an offer in for the house and actually had an acceptance letter. Then he's rang the radio saying he's looking at buying the club and they've actually put him on the air! I think he probably expected to hit a brick wall at some point that just never came..

That's what I mean about his mates who know he clearly was a bullshitter jumping into the lie with him rather than just pointing out it's bullshit.

The abuse some people took for pointing out it was bullshit from the start as well.

Users who are viewing this thread