Southend United (Away) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

@Madders_10: Can only apologise to travelling fans today, performance simply not good enough. We will put it right! #belief #pusb

stupot07

Before we could conceed 1 or 2 because we knew we had the attacking force to score 3 or 4 on our day. We don't have that anymore, barring Crewe.

Yep, 11 goals in our last 10, 5 of which were vs Crewe so that's 6 goals in the other 9 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SlowerThanPlatt

Games in hand are played on Tuesday. Posh v Burton, Blackpool v Shef Utd, Fleetwood v Walsall and Bradford v Barnsley. Peterborough and Shef Utd wins would put them 4 points behind us playing the same amount of games

CJ_covblaze

So when you said he is to blame for every goal in the last 2 months you didnt mean it?

Poor distribution but that was down his team mates pinging the ball at head, chest and waist height with a confident forward line running at him. The goals weren't really his fault either. Catalogue of errors before the ball got anywhere near him. Even for the pen he was given very little choice. He had to do something, especially as no one else bothered to.

Up the other end I still have no idea how Fortune missed that header. A few yards out, all the time in the world and still put it wide. Not going to call him a donkey as it'd be unfair on them as a species.

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

It wasn't what I think, I was relaying what other users were saying on here.

For what it's worth that's how I read it too.

George1

typical physical Phil Brown side, counter attacking football, that get stuck in and give very little time on the ball and the side weren't set up to respond to these

Sick Boy

The lack of an experienced keeper within the squad is one that Mowbray made and it appears it coming back to haunt him.

Londonccfcfan

Really? I would like to think you have a brain,I hope your taking piss?

Where have you been? Last 2 months, he's been to major blame for at least 6 of the last 11 goals we have conceded. Don't wanna run through each and every one again if you can't remember his howlers.

Even in the others he's had a part to play.

Was at fault for the 2nd goal today. If he stays where he is. Their striker never scores from that range or angle. Poor decision to come charging out, when their strikers heading wider.

As for the penalty conceded poor challenge.

lol as for trying to save the penalty not a soul amongst 1800 of us thought he would.

Anyway fed up of every slagging this poor sod off. He's our Achilles heel. And TM knows it.

Sick Boy

Where have you been? Last 2 months, he's been to major blame for at least 6 of the last 11 goals we have conceded. Don't wanna run through each and every one again if you can't remember his howlers.

Was at fault for the 2nd goal today. If he stays where he is. Their striker never scores from that range or angle. Poor decision to come charging out, when their strikers heading wider.

lol as for trying to save the penalty not a soul amongst 1800 of us thought he would.

Anyway fed up of every slagging this poor sod off. He's our Achilles heel. And TM knows it.

It's a decision that TM made and it was one . that could cost us promotion.

idm1975

Absolute tosh. The first and second goals where the fault of our defenders inability to clear the ball the third goal was a quick counter attack by them, we were playing against 10 men, and he got left on 1v1 the challenge was a result of that. Have you never seen a keeper give a pen away in that situation before?

Londonccfcfan

Absolute tosh. The first and second goals where the fault of our defenders inability to clear the ball the third goal was a quick counter attack by them, we were playing against 10 men, and he got left on 1v1 the challenge was a result of that. Have you never seen a keeper give a pen away in that situation before?

One vs one??? he would have been sent off for that. So clearly not.
There were 4 defenders around him and two behind. Stokes almost on the line.

Hence he only got a yellow.

idm1975

One vs one??? he would have been sent off for that. So clearly not.
There were 4 defenders around him and two behind. Stokes almost on the line.

Hence he only got a yellow.
The defenders had got back after he had held him up, it was a goalkeepers challenge he made it coz he was left to make it. Doesn't make him bad, have seen the best gk's in the world do it time after time.

Londonccfcfan

Please don't compare this clown with the best g/k in the world.

Lol...just compare him to Bentley.....or any other keeper in this division.
chalk and fucking cheese.

Anyway I'm hoping it's just a blip, like our coincidental blip last 10 games.

lucky boy earnt his new contract before the Doncaster game.

idm1975

Just saying its pretty much a std goalkeeper thing in that situation, doesn't matter if its Sunday morning game ir the world cup final. Keepers in that scenario will generally make a shit decision and give a pen away. And yes i agree with you there are definitely better keepers, in the world, out there but we are a league 1 team....who do you expect to be in our net?

SlowerThanPlatt

Got to stick by Cook, even if hes making us mistakes. There's no logic in replacing a goalkeeper who makes mistakes for another goalkeeper who makes mistakes.

stupot07

Other than the pen (we were already 2-0 down), I didn't think you could blame the keeper for the other goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Other than the pen (we were already 2-0 down), I didn't think you could blame the keeper for the other goals.

Was just going to post somethings similar. Just watched the goals back and he could have been slated either way for the second; he came out, he didn't save it, he's criticised. Had he stayed in his line, he's likely to have been criticised.

The penalty, he didn't need to make th challenge. The defence had recovered well and almost every defender was now positioned behind the keeper. He could have just tried to force the player out of a shot, but didn't, but by this time we were already 2-0 down so really didn't make much difference whether he did or didn't conced a pen. We weren't getting back into the game

Users who are viewing this thread