Southend United (Away) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

stupot07

All true but the opposition cannot score while you have possession so it does count for something.

That's great if you have 100% possession......so the opposition will always get a chance to score. We had 62% today, Southend scored 3. Chelsea scored 2 vs Barcelona in the champions league despite Barca having 72% possession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

James Smith

Well thats not true, Southend are a decent team and we shouldn't be easily beating them. Bit arrogant to say that, however todays effort is not good enough so far.

It's called optimism and I start games on the assumption (well this season anyway) that we should be able to beat the opposition. Having said that I did think they were where Colchester are in the table and vice versa. In my defence they're both Essex clubs.

Otis

That's a dreadful result. Not sure that a side with 4 34 year olds is the answer but then again we're without the backbone of the tram
Yep. Martin must be close now mustn't he?

Anyway, new CB, Lorentzson in, Armstrong back, new winger and we should have a fresh look.

Bigi worries me greatly though. Far too much sloppy distribution for my liking. Would like to Rose come in, though it would change the shape most certainly.

stupot07

Yes, I said near the start of the season that I'm not interested in playing possession football, I want to see attacking football, people taking shots, pace, players gambling and players skipping past opposition.

Think part of the problem over recent weeks is we've lost our incisiveness and became too patient when we have the ball, dunno if that's something we've purposely done with Mowbray wanting us to more patient and have more possession or its a consequence of teams setting up differently to nullify our threats or either a result of the personal changes we've had in recent weeks.

Completely agree. Early on in the season we played incisive passing football with fluid movement and interchanging positions. We lost Maddison and Mowbray brought in Kent and gradually changed the way we played to more have more width playing with 2 wingers carrying the ball. Teams started to work that out then we lost Kent plus the introduction of Cole and Maddison coming back means we can't play that way anymore. Mowbrays trying to change things but we've kind of stagnating with possession football Pressley-esque waiting for Armstrong or Murphy or Maddison to pull out a bit of magic.

Otis

Completely agree. Early on in the season we played incisive passing football with fluid movement and interchanging positions. We lost Maddison and Mowbray brought in Kent and gradually changed the way we played to more have more width playing with 2 wingers carrying the ball. Teams started to work that out then we lost Kent plus the introduction of Cole and Maddison coming back means we can't play that way anymore. Mowbrays trying to change things but we've kind of stagnating with possession football Pressley-esque waiting for Armstrong or Murphy or Maddison to pull out a bit of magic.
Not trying to crucify the lad here, but Cole slowed things down a lot when he came. The urgency dropped quite a lot at times when he was on the ball.

fernandopartridge

You have to say the introduction of Cole has been part of that. Slowed our game down.

Otis

Now feel free to shoot me down in flames, but I wonder if Cole could take on Fleck's role. Is that feasible?

Sky Blue Pete

Said it in play we are missing 6 first team players! Tm will sort it. Believe and follow and support or to be frank piss off

letsallsingtogether

yes, some disappointing results but we're not in free fall.
Are you sure?
Seems we have been found out? sorry but southend were poor today and still beat us 3 f....g nil.

S o we had a few changes but the players that came in were all experienced ones.

Shocking just shocking and sorry but Burge would have done better today dread on everyone's faces now whenever we pass it back, Cook caught one cross all game time for a change.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Are you sure?
Seems we have been found out? sorry but southend were poor today and still beat us 3 f....g nil.

S o we had a few changes but the players that came in were all experienced ones.

Shocking just shocking and sorry but Burge would have done better today dread on everyone's faces now whenever we pass it back, Cook caught one cross all game time for a change.

Yes I'm sure

If the poor form continues for another 3 or 4 weeks then you can say we are in free fall.

Otis

First time we have lost two in a row.

Lose 4 in a row or say no wins in 6, then you can say we are in free fall.

letsallsingtogether

First time we have lost two in a row.

Lose 4 in a row or say no wins in 6, then you can say we are in free fall.

So would you say from the last 6 games that our results are that of a top 6 side?
I wouldn't.
We keep hearing the same shit on her every week will take a draw happy with that...
Well we are running out of that option if we want to stay in the top 6.
Need to start winning problem is can't see where we are going to get goals from and can't see us keeping a clean sheet.........
Really hope I am wrong.

PUSB

SkyBlue_Bear83

So would you say from the last 6 games that our results are that of a top 6 side?
I wouldn't.
We keep hearing the same shit on her every week will take a draw happy with that...
Well we are running out of that option if we want to stay in the top 6.
Need to start winning problem is can't see where we are going to get goals from and can't see us keeping a clean sheet.........
Really hope I am wrong.

PUSB
That isn't free fall though, if it continues for another 6 games then you can say we're in free fall.

We're third top goalscorers in the division, we have to get back to doing what got us the 47 goals so far this season. We know we are capable of it as we've already done it, getting back on the scoring trail shouldn't be a problem.
Defence is a bit more of an issue, we need a big centre half, possibly a goalkeeper and to get injured players like Martin and Willis fit again as soon as possible.

Londonccfcfan

Just got back from the game. I desperately want to keep the positivity up, and I will try.

Plain fact we are better than every team in this league. We just lost 3 nil, and still haven't seen a team this season get close to playing us off the park. I still believe we will and can go a run of games.

Its plain and simple in this league it's the teams that make the least amount of mistakes that win. It's not about possession, or having 25 shots and scoring 2 goals etc.

Whis is it every team we play against DOESNT make mistakes.
Why do we have to score outstanding team goals to score???
All the opposition have to do is work out, let these idiots play it around the back, we can press, put them under pressure and HEY presto a mistake.

Happens every match.

major rant now!

Every fucking game we give silly goals. Plain basic mistakes, this game Ricketts with the first mistake. Failed to clear and ball fell kindly to their player.

Now RCC, where do fucking start with this twat, the worst keeper in the league by far, his distribution has gone to pot. We dominated the first 25 mins didn't look like conceding unless RCC made a silly pass to their striker.

He was totally at fault for their 2nd goal, he had two options stay where he was would have been a difficult angle and distance to score from, but he chose to advance and got it wrong.

As for the third goal , just when we get some pressure building up before and after their player gets sent off, his mistake kills the game.

As for actually saving the penalty , I think that's about 12 in a row he's failed to stop.

I keep on saying week in week out this fella is SHIT. He can't handle, he can't distribute, he makes bad decisions. He needs to go, Burge was never this bad, didn't Burge save the odd penalty too.

Just one change IMO and we will go on a run.

Sorry RCC you got a go!!!!!!

Hobo

There has been a lot of forced changes because of injuries in recent weeks. It takes time for new players to come in and gel.

stupot07

Form table - last 10 matches.

Not good reading.

afaa5dbb6f63f27329b2ac9cc82c09d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
We're now 14/1 to win the league. Lump on and pay for your season ticket in the Championship...

Londonccfcfan

But apart from that we are the best team in the league

Seen us play every game this season, including a lot of away games.

Usually the teams that win or gain promotion have a certain swagger about them, from what I have seen this season were the only team that Have swagger or an aura about them. (Probably just in my imagination).

We were by far the better team vs Burton and again Southend today, till silly mistakes and they scored the first goal.

I wouldn't want to pay and watch Burton or Sheffield United every week.

Londonccfcfan

Form table - last 10 matches.

Not good reading.

afaa5dbb6f63f27329b2ac9cc82c09d7.jpg

The 11 goals conceded were all poor mistakes individual errors of which.

RCC was to blame for 6 of them.

1) first goal vs Doncaster shocking error fails to catch or punch drops at strikers feet.
2) Comes for a cross left flapping leaving open goal Vs Sheffield United.
3) 3rd minute of injury time goal vs Olham, ball practically loops in over him. Apparently one arm was tugged. Which no. One saw but him. My grandma could have stooped that.
4) vs Burton should never have been beaten at near post.
5) vs Southend 2nd goal poor judgement.
6) vs Southend concedes a penalty.

Not to mention he has been lucky as a number of his errors of judgement just haven't been punished.

SlowerThanPlatt

Before we could conceed 1 or 2 because we knew we had the attacking force to score 3 or 4 on our day. We don't have that anymore, barring Crewe.

Farmerron

Charles-Cook is miles better than Burge.

That said at this moment in time I would prefer a new keeper to both of them.

Goalkeeper is our Achilles Heel this season. Look at Bentley in goal for Southend today. He was like a big orange beacon commanding his area. Always on his toes, oozing confidence, they were never going to concede today. He ran the show and even had the Officials catowing to him. What do we have? RCC meekly going about his business, shrugging his shoulders when we let one in, ambling about his area with his arms by his side and shirt hanging out. RCC or Burge are not keepers that will get us promotion.

Londonccfcfan

Goalkeeper is our Achilles Heel this season. Look at Bentley in goal for Southend today. He was like a big orange beacon commanding his area. Always on his toes, oozing confidence, they were never going to concede today. He ran the show and even had the Officials catowing to him. What do we have? RCC meekly going about his business, shrugging his shoulders when we let one in, ambling about his area with his arms by his side and shirt hanging out. RCC or Burge are not keepers that will get us promotion.

How do I give a double like mate.

coop

But we do keep making stupid mistakes not even just this season the player's the manager always come out and say we have to stop silly mistakes, well fucking stop making them.ground lost again today it has to change starting Saturday against a team that will be buzzing with confidence and full of x cov player's.

Farmerron

We don't hate him. We just need to use this transfer window as an opportunity. We have loan spaces available in our squad. There will be a strong and commanding character out there somewhere. RCC should have done better on the first goal today even although Sam was at fault. As for the penalty you just knew that RCC was not going to be anywhere near it.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
RCC is still the best we have. Yes you can probably say I wouldn't put up the same defence for Burge but he's still a kid, and needs support in front of him as well as him giving what's in front of him support and confidence.

At times he looks over confident, and borderline cocky. Do think he needs to remember he's a GK and no longer an outfield player!

If he was to be replaced it would have to be someone outside of the club who can come in and is match fit, and not Burge

Users who are viewing this thread