Stadium Consultation Forum Report (3 Viewers)

thaiskyblue

Where the camers there?, i reckon this was a sketch for the new monty python episodes.

Stafford_SkBlue

I am very happy for you. I wish I could put faith in someone that has done to our fans what SISUE has, got us relegated into division 3, admitted that they know nothing about football and constantly gave us bullshit.

Do you honestly think that our club is safe in their hands?

Yes

We were heading for third tier long before SISU arrived. Did we ever look like getting into the Playoffs in the 10 years of Championship football - No. After a couple of seasons we were back in familier territory of being near the bottom, we applauded ourselves in saving ourselves from relegation when Southampton and Norwich were relegated instead. Look where we are now relative to them.
Why - The debt was a noose around our necks - Now we have got rid of the original debt, the supporters have decided not to support the Club so it is now building up a new debt - that will need to be paid off in the future.

The future has to be a sustainable Club and at least we now have the owners who realise now how to run the Club and make it sustainable
Yes a typical fan will not like sustainability but prefer some rich guy to bankroll the club - those days are now over.
Its upto the supporters to ensure the Club receives an income that give the Club a fighting chance of promotion.
Going back to the RICOH with its heavy overhead charges from ACL, even when its claimed to be rent free, will not help us in the long term.

Why are the majority of City supporters wanting promotion but not willing to support them financially, how can that work.

Snozz_is_god

She has strongly insisted she isn't being and never has been paid by or worked for the club and has no current sponsorship arrangement.

I can't answer as to her motivation other than what's been reported.

And if the person paying me to believe in fairies didn't want me to reveal I was being payed, I'd lie. (Not that I'm accusing her of lieing you understand.)

Rusty Trombone

Yes

We were heading for third tier long before SISU arrived. Did we ever look like getting into the Playoffs in the 10 years of Championship football - No. After a couple of seasons we were back in familier territory of being near the bottom, we applauded ourselves in saving ourselves from relegation when Southampton and Norwich were relegated instead. Look where we are now relative to them.
Why - The debt was a noose around our necks - Now we have got rid of the original debt, the supporters have decided not to support the Club so it is now building up a new debt - that will need to be paid off in the future.

The future has to be a sustainable Club and at least we now have the owners who realise now how to run the Club and make it sustainable
Yes a typical fan will not like sustainability but prefer some rich guy to bankroll the club - those days are now over.
Its upto the supporters to ensure the Club receives an income that give the Club a fighting chance of promotion.
Going back to the RICOH with its heavy overhead charges from ACL, even when its claimed to be rent free, will not help us in the long term.

Why are the majority of City supporters wanting promotion but not willing to support them financially, how can that work.

You reply as though you've never read the counter arguments. I like the way you phrase 'now we have got rid of the original debt', I guess you realise we now have an awful lot more debt. I'd take third tier, but not third tier in Northampton.

These 'heavy overhead charges', don't they come to about £10k a match, what would you say is a fair amount?

Gint11

Absolutely pointless having this meeting until land has been aquired for a new ground. Waste of time.

ricohroar

Stafford sounding a bit like Lee Mier without the agression. Lee by the way was an Arsenal season ticket holder until 2 years ago.

luwalla

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

im having a meeting about how i will distribute the 103 million i will win on the euro millions..

I've rented a nice room up at the hilton, and im inviting anyone who is willing to attend, to come along and give me ideas of how to spend it.. and ive even cut out some pictures from the argos catalogue of stuff i might spend it on.

disclaimer. Im not sure when i will win this, and to be honest i havent actually brought a lottery ticket .. but this IS going tp happen.. im not here to tell lies or posture, so believe!!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The original debt went in 2007/08 when SISU arrived.............. none of the debt created by SISU has disappeared............. certainly our real group level of debt has not decreased because CCFC Ltd and CCFC H are being liquidated/struck off

The information is in the accounts for SBS& L Group

AJB1983

Pretty sure the 'overheads' of owning and running a stadium would be more than renting as an anchor tenant.

Noggin

Point of order - Sandra Garlick isn't being paid and she's not a sponsor.

I'll leave it to the readers to decide how independent it is though.

Nobody representing the club was there tonight.

Are you sure? everyone else (in an official capacity) there was clearly paid and her saying she isn't paid by the club is not the same as she isn't being paid. We've seen so much said to us that is strictly true but really completely misleading and intending to deceive that it's hard to trust anyone involved with them at face value without receiving proper clarification.

after all Mark Labovich is apparently independent and only receives a nominal salary. hmmm

Her statement needed to be clarified by asking, so can you confirm that neither you, nore the company you work for are receiving any payment from any company for being here (and that includes your company being paid for marketing advise with these forums being part of the advice given) and are you receiving any other benefits from any other company for being here? it is possible of course she is doing it for free as advertising for her company, that wouldn't necessarily make her independent either though, by getting the job she will have had to demonstrate the views sisu wanted.

AJB1983

I still find it incredible that some fans are actually entertaining the idea of getting a new stadium....we've got a bloody new stadium.
I'd like a stadium like this etc..
If they're not careful they'll start losing any sympathy we may have had from the so-called football family the likes of Soccer AM always harp on about.

Oh, and I like the indirect sisu-style legal threat she gave about social media! Lovely stuff

Ashdown1

The key words spoken in all of that were , the process will 'take months'.....................just buying time with a smoke screen and 99% of CCFC fans know it but I tell you, if you speak to people outside of the clubs supporter base they only see and believe the garbage that is put out in the National and local media. It's a PR exercise to convince the wider public and the buffoons at the football league, that's all.

magic82ball

You would have to ask her that. As per quotes - she believes it will be built and so wants fans to have an input.

I'm not saying it will or will not be built.

Are you the Telegraphs Simon Gilbert?

Specs WT-R75

You reply as though you've never read the counter arguments. I like the way you phrase 'now we have got rid of the original debt', I guess you realise we now have an awful lot more debt. I'd take third tier, but not third tier in Northampton.

It is investment debt rather than loans though... no bank etc would in their right mind loan ccfc any money and rightly so! Now if we were having to service our debt through interest payments then I would be very worried, but the debt of the club is honestly the least of my concerns.

Granted the investors could ask for their money back, but there is the saying "can't get blood from a stone"...

magic82ball

It is investment debt rather than loans though... no bank etc would in their right mind loan ccfc any money and rightly so! Now if we were having to service our debt through interest payments then I would be very worried, but the debt of the club is honestly the least of my concerns.

Granted the investors could ask for their money back, but there is the saying "can't get blood from a stone"...

I have to agree, £60m, £100m, £1b it all boils down to nothing when there is no asset to pay it off with. Building a stadium would be tantamount to writing of £30m for SISU as they will never see that again.

shmmeee

Unbiased view.......... @stevecarpo: #SkyBlues fans wanting answers will not get them at the stadium forum - very much an ideas meeting - relaxed & positve atmosphere tonight...

Every view is biased RFC. I think between me, Simon Gilbert and the ST holders there's enough balance there.

Didn't think there was much time for idea to be honest, any floated were met with a "can you email that afterwards" most of it was the back and forth about the capacity and a half hour PowerPoint about the Foum itself.

shmmeee

You know we pay £1.2m/year in interest on current ARVO loans don't you? That's for £9m.

Logic would suggest if Fishers figures are right about stadium funding were looking at interest payments alone of £1.3m/year.

But hey, at least we get the pie profit.

fernandopartridge

You know we pay £1.2m/year in interest on current ARVO loans don't you? That's for £9m.

Logic would suggest if Fishers figures are right about stadium funding were looking at interest payments alone of £1.3m/year.

We don't pay any of that, it's paper money. The money doesn't go out the door and doesn't affect cashflow but just adds to the club's internal debt burden.

The rent to ACL does go out the door and therefore has a real impact on cashflow.

shmmeee

We don't pay any of that, it's paper money. The money doesn't go out the door and doesn't affect cashflow but just adds to the club's internal debt burden.

The rent to ACL does go out the door and therefore has a real impact on cashflow.

So it's better to run up debts for the future because "cash flow"?

I see how that's appealing if say you're only in the business short term. But shouldn't we be worried about large amounts I debt piling up with a company that has a chare over all our assets?

I know Sisu are great and all, but as some point they're going to leave right?

Was Richardsons spending OK because we owed all the cash to Robinson?

Genuinely confused here. Sorry if they're stupid questions.

Ashdown1

That's pretty much how the world is run now, surely it all has to go pop one day, unless there is one big amnesty on debt?!

Specs WT-R75

The "debt" only becomes an issue when the club is break even.... but even I think that dream is pie in the sky for the foreseeable future. If Sisu ever get the club to break even, then they will probably have an asset that is worth selling to someone.

We live in hope....

shmmeee

The "debt" only becomes an issue when the club is break even.... but even I think that dream is pie in the sky for the foreseeable future. If Sisu ever get the club to break even, then they will probably have an asset that is worth selling to someone.

We live in hope....

Sorry can you explain that first sentence?

Also, how is debt to ARVO different to debt to a bank?

Noggin

Sorry can you explain that first sentence?

Also, how is debt to ARVO different to debt to a bank?

He's saying that if we had a 10mill loan with the bank each month we'd have to give them 200k (for example), but with a 10mill loan with avro we don't give them the 200k, it just gets added onto what we owe them.

Weather or not that is true I don't know. I'd suspect the investors wouldn't be happy with that, so I'd guess (and I am guessing) that something in the middle is true, where the investors get money each month and the amount we owe arvo grows.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Actually the 2012 SBS&L Group accounts show that £980,737 interest was actually paid out and in 2011 £465,112. I do not think the interest due to ARVO and any very short term lender is being rolled up, it looks like it is being paid over

Users who are viewing this thread