Stoke tickets (2 Viewers)

Bad Boy

Errrr. Yes!
What the hell is all this about… I feel like I need to be enlightened 😎
Sorry Covkid1968, I'm sitting giggling my head off like a kid as I respond..

Potteries dialect was unique but like many other regions they've been diluted and aren't as rich and strong as they once were.

Arfur Tow Crate is a humorous Pottery dialect paperback book which translates as, How To Talk Right.

Similarly, Bay keerful thee dunna wet thesen is, be careful you don't want to wet yourself.

The most well known phrase is, cost kick a bow agen a woe yed it back an bost it?

Can you kick a ball against a wall head it back and burst it?

I've lived up in North Staffordshire for nearly 28 years and I find their accent fascinating but don't let anyone tell you that Coventry folk don't have one.

Just listen to The Sky Blue song when it's sung, it sounds so Cov. 👍💙

Covkid1968#

Sorry Covkid1968, I'm sitting giggling my head off like a kid as I respond..

Potteries dialect was unique but like many other regions they've been diluted and aren't as rich and strong as they once were.

Arfur Tow Crate is a humorous Pottery dialect paperback book which translates as, How To Talk Right.

Similarly, Bay keerful thee dunna wet thesen is, be careful you don't want to wet yourself.

The most well known phrase is, cost kick a bow agen a woe yed it back an bost it?

Can you kick a ball against a wall head it back and burst it?

I've lived up in North Staffordshire for nearly 28 years and I find their accent fascinating but don't let anyone tell you that Coventry folk don't have one.

Just listen to The Sky Blue song when it's sung, it sounds so Cov. 👍💙
Haha…brilliant…. you learn something every day!! I don’t think I’ve ever had a conversation with anyone from Stoke apart from after that game in the 80’s we needed to win our last few games to stay up. I got attacked outside a chip shop by 5 Stoke lads…. I got battered (no pun intended) and a lovely lady looked after me until my mates who had run off came back.
Have a good day today chap…suns out, beer will be chilled…. Top 10 finish is available 😎😎

Users who are viewing this thread