The Apprentice 2018 (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
That woman with the piercing by her eye, I usually don't mind that but hers looks like it's going to rip out any second. Thought of that gives me the proper heebie-jeebies.
Yeah, I have no idea why nobody has told her to take it out. Like it or not, it will stop her from selling things. (unless it's too a tattoo or peircing market)

Otis

Anybody know what comes before part b?
Kayode!!

'Let's try and cut back on people drinking on flights and being abusive'.

'I know, let's have a party flight encouraging more drinking and have tops on the hostesses that can be pulled down easily to expose their breasts'!

'It's a winner'!

Otis

Best part was when they were making that video there was the girl telling them not to include the joke and they were portraying her as dull and joyless, but she was absolutely right.
Jasmine.

She is the one from Coventry isn't she? Or at at least she was based here.

She was right. Who in their right mind thinks it's a good idea to try and attract business passengers to their airline by sticking tacky humour in their TV ad?

ajsccfc

That's the one, I think she's my new favourite now. At some point she's going to stare someone into dust.

no_loyalty

Yeah, I like Jasmine. I do also like Sabrina too though, even though she is a little dense (Highway to Hell).

What about Camilla?, she's a bit of a looker

Grendel

Terrible programme

Otis

Terrible programme
So you keep reminding us.

Don't know why you have to keep talking us how bad it is.

As Nick says, now it is all just about the entertainment. No-one takes these people seriously as entrepreneurs or business people.

We know you don't like it, but why do you have to keep telling us you don't like it?

I still really like it and now my daughter is well into it to.

Only watch purely for the laughs and for the numpties making fools of themselves, which of course they regularly do.

Ccfcsj

Only watch purely for the laughs and for the numpties making fools of themselves, which of course they regularly do.
I agree - the program is brilliant purely for the stupidity of the contestants and the way Alan Sugar rips them to pieces. Some of the arguments in the boardroom are comedy gold

covcity4life

Best part was when they were making that video there was the girl telling them not to include the joke and they were portraying her as dull and joyless, but she was absolutely right.
jasmine is fit!

as for the show, i preffered it in early seasons when they seemed smart. lately they are all shown as idiots until final 3 weeks where editing starts to make them look like entrepreneurs all of a sudden.

Nick

Administrator
I think the tree surgeon guy seems normal. Will be interesting to see how he does next week when they need to do a gardening business challenge.

Otis

Jasmine.

She is the one from Coventry isn't she? Or at at least she was based here.

She was right. Who in their right mind thinks it's a good idea to try and attract business passengers to their airline by sticking tacky humour in their TV ad?
Yeah, agree with you on Jasmine.

fellatio_Martinez

The editing on this show has become very crude and jarring.

At the BA presentation they kept cutting to the crowd laughing their bollocks off even when whatever was said wasn't even funny. This was to obviously enhance the feeling that these guys are morons but it was too obvious and had the air of an American reality show at times. The Apprentice has always been highly edited to a point but now it's ridiculous.

Also, Karen Brady is an absolute munter. Bring back Margaret and Nick!

Grendel

At the BA presentation they kept cutting to the crowd laughing their bollocks off even when whatever was said wasn't even funny. This was to obviously enhance the feeling that these guys are morons but it was too obvious and had the air of an American reality show at times. The Apprentice has always been highly edited to a point but now it's ridiculous.

That’s spot on - I watched it for the first time in ages and it’s become like a made in Chelsea type programme - scripted reality

Otis

Happens in so many shows these days, that kind of editing.

I notice it in all sorts of shows unfortunately.

Grendel

Happens in so many shows these days, that kind of editing.

I notice it in all sorts of shows unfortunately.

Not as bad as that surely? It was absurd. It’s obvious they must have several takes for many of the so called live action

Otis

I see similar for sure. Not sure if it is at the same level.

It's very noticeable in the Apprentice that it is staged.

It's become more like a pantomime. I still enjoy it though. Just switch off from the 'serious' side, because it pretty much doesn't exist anymore.

I see it more as a comedy show.

fellatio_Martinez

I think the decline started after they changed the prize.

Previously the prize was a job working for Sugar in his established business. This meant the candidates were in it for the genuine reason of wanting to get a well paid job and Sugar whittled them down to the person he thought he could work with.

Now the prize is just an investment. So Sugar probably picked the 3-4 best ideas before the show began and the rest are just there to make up the numbers.

The whole thing has lost it's way now and the format is dated.

I still dip in and out but it's mainly to see how contrived it's become.

Otis

Previously the prize was a job working for Sugar in his established business. This meant the candidates were in it for the genuine reason of wanting to get a well paid job and Sugar whittled them down to the person he thought he could work with.

Now the prize is just an investment. So Sugar probably picked the 3-4 best ideas before the show began and the rest are just there to make up the numbers.

Maybe Sugar just saw sense though and thought to himself he didn't want any of those idiots and buffoons working for him anymore.

Covstu

Yep it’s more a case of trying to bring in the most controversial people in to make it fun. Previously there were 80% proper businesspeople with 20% idiots which made it funny in how they react now it’s the other way and a lot of arse covering with people trying to play the game. Still watch it but not half as good as it used to be

fellatio_Martinez

Maybe Sugar just saw sense though and thought to himself he didn't want any of those idiots and buffoons working for him anymore.

Apparently originally he stuck some of them in empty offices because he had no jobs for them. Then a few went public and even tried to sue so he eventually gave them real jobs for a year. I imagine the BBC cough up the £100k or whatever prize money so he's winner either way.

I just think that now it's a very long episode of The Dragons Den.
The difference being that takes them ten minutes to invest in someone but Sugar takes months.

Otis

On a similar theme, although off on a slight tangent, I watch Hunted on C4 and now just started watching The Heist on Sky One, where 10 law abiding citizens have to steal 250k and go on the run from the police.

Really enjoy both, but you have to completely suspend your disbelief.

You have people on the run, trying not to be discovered, not be noticed, not be found out and trying to stay under the radar.......and yet they are filmed and followed by a film crew the whole way.

When you think about it and analyse it, the whole thing is ridiculous, but you just have to try and put that to the backs of your minds and enjoy the spectacle.

Tis laughable though, that you have 10 people in stocking masks and balaclavas trying to sneakily steal money and not be seen while having cameras filming them from all sorts of angles.

Hunted is the same. People trying to blend in and stealthily walk down a high street with a camera crew in tow.

fellatio_Martinez

On a similar theme, although off on a slight tangent, I watch Hunted on C4 and now just started watching The Heist on Sky One, where 10 law abiding citizens have to steal 250k and go on the run from the police.

Really enjoy both, but you have to completely suspend your disbelief.

You have people on the run, trying not to be discovered, not be noticed, not be found out and trying to stay under the radar.......and yet they are filmed and followed by a film crew the whole way.

When you think about it and analyse it, the whole thing is ridiculous, but you just have to try and put that to the backs of your minds and enjoy the spectacle.

Tis laughable though, that you have 10 people in stocking masks and balaclavas trying to sneakily steal money and not be seen while having cameras filming them from all sorts of angles.

Hunted is the same. People trying to blend in and stealthily walk down a high street with a camera crew in tow.

Haha I've never watched those shows but that's a good point.

I think in general that the majority of the viewing public don't think beyond the surface of what they see. They don't consider the cameras etc.

I was speaking to a guy who loves Gogglebox and he genuinely believed that there is a hidden camera filming the families and they're just going about their lives. Watching a bit of tv.

He didn't consider the lighting, multiple HD camera angles, perfect sound and the fact all of them watch exactly the same random shows.

ajsccfc

Khadija is the only one standing out for me now, I can't decide whether she's bitchy and great or just mean and awful. Everyone else is just a load of blah and a painful looking face piercing.

Nick

Administrator
Khadija is the only one standing out for me now, I can't decide whether she's bitchy and great or just mean and awful. Everyone else is just a load of blah and a painful looking face piercing.

She just reminds me of the knobends who used to stroll around school giving it loads then when they got a whack they act surprised.

What I don't understand is how the so called business people who claim to run their own businesses, can't figure out how long it will take to jet wash something properly or check if there is somewhere to plug it in. They weren't even checking the cost price of things before quoting.

The same as fake grass on the bar, how the hell is a drink going to stand up on there without falling over?

covcity4life

Khadija is an idiot and hopefully goes next, Kaodi really had a strop on this week, shows how busines is changing though as youngsters from urban culture shall we say really do stand out like sore thumb in corporate setting. not saying thats good or bad but didnt see him as someone sugar would pick.

Nick

Administrator
He stood out because he was a bellend. He just chatted shit constantly and tried to blag without actually answering any questions to the point it was patronising.

God knows how he makes a living "speaking". About what? It's everything that's wrong with the whole "life coach" type person, they usually know nothing and just talk shit.

ajsccfc

One thing I did like about him was when he was fired he looked properly pissed off, none of the 'thank you for the opportunity thanks karen thanks claude see you later everyone have fun and knock 'em dead xxx' and big hugs, he just muttered thanks and offered the other guys a freezing cold handshake before fucking off in the taxi.

Otis

Khadija is an idiot and hopefully goes next, Kaodi really had a strop on this week, shows how busines is changing though as youngsters from urban culture shall we say really do stand out like sore thumb in corporate setting. not saying thats good or bad but didnt see him as someone sugar would pick.
Yeah, I'm not keen on Khadija either. A very abrasive motormouth who hasn't excelled at all to my mind.

I still quite like Jasmine. Sian is good too. I like Sabrina, but think she has quite a few weaknesses.

Users who are viewing this thread