The Apprentice 2018 (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

I didn't like how they shoehorned in the sobbing bits for everyone, it's meant to be ruthless. An interviewer who had been calling them a worthless sack of shit who should be burned in a furnace 20 seconds before suddenly asking if they are honouring their dead grandad whose dying wish was for them to get through to the live shows or whatever.

fellatio_Martinez

I didn't like how they shoehorned in the sobbing bits for everyone, it's meant to be ruthless. An interviewer who had been calling them a worthless sack of shit who should be burned in a furnace 20 seconds before suddenly asking if they are honouring their dead grandad whose dying wish was for them to get through to the live shows or whatever.

Yeah it was very jarring and totally un-apprentice like.

The BBC are soft sacks of shit so it's no wonder it's gone a bit tame now.

Otis

It's called 'entertainment '.

Think we just have to accept it for what it is these days, or stop watching.

I still enjoy it, but accept it has become an entirely different animal.

Come on, let's face it, Kurran wasn't on the show for anything other than to bring a few laughs.

The guy was a buffoon.

fellatio_Martinez

It's called 'entertainment '.

Think we just have to accept it for what it is these days, or stop watching.

I still enjoy it, but accept it has become an entirely different animal.

Come on, let's face it, Kurran wasn't on the show for anything other than to bring a few laughs.

The guy was a buffoon.

Oh god. Don't become one of these "don't like, don't watch" people.

Stifling criticism of something just because you like it isn't cool umkay?

Otis

Oh god. Don't become one of these "don't like, don't watch" people.

Stifling criticism of something just because you like it isn't cool umkay?
No, didn't mean that. The show has changed and clearly some people don't like it much anymore.

I still really enjoy it and even more so now, because my daughter is of an age where she can watch it too.

Just think some people are now doing nothing but criticise the show and therefore I wonder why they still watch it.

If they still enjoy it whilst criticising it, then fine, but I am seemingly only hearing criticism from some and that circumstance I do wonder why they bother watching it anymore.

I still love it, but readily accept that it is an entirely different show these days.

Sky Blue Pete

No, didn't mean that. The show has changed and clearly some people don't like it much anymore.

I still really enjoy it and even more so now, because my daughter is of an age where she can watch it too.

Just think some people are now doing nothing but criticise the show and therefore I wonder why they still watch it.

If they still enjoy it whilst criticising it, then fine, but I am seemingly only hearing criticism from some and that circumstance I do wonder why they bother watching it anymore.

I still love it, but readily accept that it is an entirely different show these days.
Yeah me too cause my children watch it

fellatio_Martinez

I don't think it's as cut and dry as some people just hating it and still watching for the sake of moaning. A lot of people still enjoy it but the newer elements annoy them but not enough to completely switch off.

I stopped watching weeks ago but I'm still a sucker for the format so stuck some of it on the other night and elements worked and others really didn't and we discussed that.

I hate that I'm having a serious discussion about The Apprentice so I'll stop now and post something we can all appreciate.

mx5a9judp7b6dg5zbcwz

ajsccfc

The entertainment for the interviews is entirely in them getting torn apart, having them blub a bit and show that the interviewers are secretly actual humans with feelings and that made it veer a bit too much towards the X Factor. It just didn't fit with everything else in the entire series. Imagine Sralan giving one of them a hug and telling them everything will be ok

ajsccfc

Lord Sugar always sounds to me like the villain from a Roald Dahl book.

Thanks to this thread I remembered the final is on now, would have completely forgot all about it and wondered where it had gone during the week

Otis

Yeah, agree.

Pretty much all about whether Lord Sugar thinks he can make money at this point.

Not wishing to give anything away, but ...
Camilla's website has changed substantially in the past week

It's quite obvious why I live in Keresley and have no job isn't it.

Otis

You can tell it's all fixed.

Why do they get two days to come up with a product and a brand name when they've already got a product and already got a brand name?

And if they knew (which obviously they would do from previous series) they had to brainstorm a name, wouldn't they have already had names in mind and sorted during the process?

You wouldn't just wait until the final and then go 'Ooh, I need a brand name!'

ajsccfc

I'll have to scrutinise the footage a few times to confirm, accuracy is key.

With you on the branding, of all the things that make little sense on the show the fact that they're asked to come up with a brand name for their existing brands is the weirdest choice, especially when it's their actual company and they're being spoken over by people who were dumped out of the competition weeks before.

NorthernWisdom

I'll have to scrutinise the footage a few times to confirm, accuracy is key.

With you on the branding, of all the things that make little sense on the show the fact that they're asked to come up with a brand name for their existing brands is the weirdest choice, especially when it's their actual company and they're being spoken over by people who were dumped out of the competition weeks before.
tbf, if you consider it as a focus group with feedback from involved and (supposedly!) intelligent people, it's entirely plausible.

fellatio_Martinez

You can tell it's all fixed.

Why do they get two days to come up with a product and a brand name when they've already got a product and already got a brand name?

And if they knew (which obviously they would do from previous series) they had to brainstorm a name, wouldn't they have already had names in mind and sorted during the process?

You wouldn't just wait until the final and then go 'Ooh, I need a brand name!'

Yeah, it was bizarre because we all saw last week that they had active businesses and a brand that they were selling yet this week it was as if all that never happened.

It seems they've dumbed it down for a younger, stupider demographic.

ajsccfc

I never saw this when Nick Hewer was on it, was he a proper bastard or more like the slightly grumpy grandad he is on Countdown?

If Claude or Karen go I'd like the Scottish fella who does the interviews to get involved, his talking Daniel down from 'I'll review who wrote that' to 'Yes it was me' within seconds was magical TV

NorthernWisdom

I never saw this when Nick Hewer was on it, was he a proper bastard or more like the slightly grumpy grandad he is on Countdown?

If Claude or Karen go I'd like the Scottish fella who does the interviews to get involved, his talking Daniel down from 'I'll review who wrote that' to 'Yes it was me' within seconds was magical TV
None of the followers have been bastards really. Claude was always the most terrifying interviewer, but even he's mellowed since he got to stalk them around the place.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Looked like Camilla had developed an allergy to her nuts with those lip fillers- ugh!
Maybe she got the idea from lying on the massive inflatable vagina at the bodybuilding show!
As for the fear of showing Sabrina’s arse or cameltoe, don’t get me started! They were happy for the model to do it!

Users who are viewing this thread