The boat/James (5 Viewers)

rob9872

Can't help there. What is the baby shark tune?
Baby Shark du du du du du du du du (except in my head I even replace the words Baby Shark for PurpleBin). If you don't know I urge you not to YouTube it - it'll be with you forever and you can't "unhear" it!

hill83

I’ve got all sorts of bank transactions that were transfers to mates.

Penis Replacement
dildos
Sex change
Crack

Always 1p short as well. Basically that screenshot proves nothing. I wouldn’t say the image has been edited though as I’ve ran it through a couple of things that check for edited images and nothing has come up. #csi

The first mortgage with my wife where the bank gave us advice and went through every transaction was amusing.

Last edited:

jordan210

This thread is nearly as exciting as the build up to Conor Chaplin signing one. Wonder how many pages this will get to

rob9872

Penis Replacement
dildos
Sex change
Crack

Always 1p short as well. Basically that screenshot proves nothing. The first mortgage with my wife were the bank gave us advice and went through every transaction was amusing.
I thought we were the only childish ones who did this :)

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Penis Replacement
dildos
Sex change
Crack

Always 1p short as well. Basically that screenshot proves nothing. The first mortgage with my wife were the bank gave us advice and went through every transaction was amusing.

"Drug money" was a fun one... Until the payments got stopped and my card kept being declined...

Liquid Gold

Penis Replacement
dildos
Sex change
Crack

Always 1p short as well. Basically that screenshot proves nothing. I wouldn’t say the image has been edited though as I’ve ran it through a couple of things that check for edited images and nothing has come up. #csi

The first mortgage with my wife were the bank gave us advice and went through every transaction was amusing.
The 1p less thing is brilliant, I'm having that

rob9872

The 1p less thing is brilliant, I'm having that
Yes - agreed. We always put dodgy descriptions, but from now on I'm also doing1p less every time :)

FlamingCovBoy89

I had a whale of a time on the boat and was raving all day long.

Yes the lack of beer and babycham was a disappointment but I was promised a hummer by James which never happened either.

How I was looking forward to spooging all over those blonde locks and that babyface.

I'm the real victim here, down £30, no free alcohol and no sucky sucky.

Otis

£6999.99
Ha, ha!!

giphy.gif

SBAndy

"Drug money" was a fun one... Until the payments got stopped and my card kept being declined...

One of my mates works for a financial institution and received a payment from a friend with the narrative "Nail Bomb". Got investigated and eventually disciplined/sacked (can't remember the exact outcome).

Grendel

look if it was a genuine mistake then he should refund every person £20 for the trip. at the minute it doesn’t look good. you say he’s one lad and not a company. he shouldn’t go promising deals he can’t offer. I.e trips to European games, boats with free bars. the fact is as it stands it looks all hes pocketed £7000 from trip he offered. that’s not good. all he has to do is show invoices from the company. in terms of threats to kids. that’s wrong. the sooner he gets it sorted the better it is for him

He shouldn’t refund all of it. I’d expect a 20 - 30% profit margin to do this sort of thing. The free drinks bit is a problem for him. If he had made the 7,000 he could have put 4,000 behind the bar and reduced his margin

FlamingCovBoy89

This is the only boat I'm interested on going on in the future with James. Oh Jimbooooo <3 #FreeSaltyDrinksOnMyBoat

Attachments

• 20181018_170802.jpg
    20181018_170802.jpg
    548.2 KB · Views: 23

Nick

Administrator
I'm getting a bit of a strange vibe, think he is mistaking this for the wasps boat thread

MalcSB

don't let yourself be dragged into this if it does turn to be not genuine - how does the account go from 0.33 balance to -27.67 if a payment of £4000? if that comes after and makes it a credit it would still be .67 at end not .33 it really don't add up
You need to read from the bottom up. After the £4000 payment the balance is £0.33 overdrawn, then a £28 credit is made taking the balance to £27.67.

FlamingCovBoy89

Ok back to subject.

Where is the money (i believe James is being genuine about that) and why is my Johnson flaccid and dry? (I'm not happy with James about this)

Speedies_Chips

The first of the emails in post #167 purportedly sent by the boat operator specifically identifies James and gives specific information about the booking. How is that not 'data linked to an individual so it provides particular information about that individual' [ICO - What is personal data? - A quick reference guide, example #4] ?

If I emailed ticketmaster and asked them whether you had bought tickets for the Southend away game, and they told me, no you hadn't, but you had bought a ticket for the Bradford match, would that not be a breach of the Data Protection Act in your eyes?

That is a different scenario and I agree that is a grey area, however I was replying to a comment which said the price James paid is personal data. Having that information alone doesn't identify who James is, or where he lives etc. You emailing Ticketmaster asking them which tickets I had bought implies you already know who I am, but I agree I wouldn't be happy if they answered you, but still not sure if that is actually a breach of the current legislation.

Reppz

Reppz are you another family member/interested party? Posts rarely but like another who joined up in 2008.

I know I didn't invest my life savings of £30 here, but am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for James?

Frequent lurker of this place, but rarely post. I have no affiliation to James - I was on the boat, currently awaiting a refund that was promised (initially wasn't arsed but now it seems we've all been duped...)

dazed&confused

That is a different scenario and I agree that is a grey area, however I was replying to a comment which said the price James paid is personal data. Having that information alone doesn't identify who James is, or where he lives etc. You emailing Ticketmaster asking them which tickets I had bought implies you already know who I am, but I agree I wouldn't be happy if they answered you, but still not sure if that is actually a breach of the current legislation.

As with my other dissenter on the scope and applicaion of GDPR/DPA, let's agree to differ.

fellatio_Martinez

Penis Replacement
dildos
Sex change
Crack

The first mortgage with my wife where the bank gave us advice and went through every transaction was amusing.

too-much-banter_o_3861799.jpg

PurpleBin

As someone who has sat through lots of boring seminars about this over the last 10 months or so...it 100% is a breach.

RegTheDonk

This is the problem. Doesn't matter if its one person or not when you get to the point you're running 20+ coaches to Wembley and putting on international trips for non-Cov games, trips to other events you're a business and it should all be properly set up. This is way past the level where people should be passing envelopes of cash to someone behind a bar in a pub.

Yes agreed chief, just my 2p worth but if you're doing events on this scale out of the goodness of your heart you either need to get a Knighthood or be thrown in the loony bin. No issues if a fan wants to be everbody's middle man - book the travel, the locations, take all the hassle away from the punters...and run it to make a profit. Plenty of travel firms do just that. James can make as much money as people are prepared to pay, good luck to the bloke.

But if you're operating on this scale and dealing with supposedly legit companies (be them boat or coach providers) and its not cash in hand to screw over the tax man, then surely you would be provided with some paperwork. All James needs to do is upload a few photos of the receipts/bills to prove what he paid for. If that's difficult, then you can understand some people's speculation.

jon1990c

Everything James does seems to have some kind of lie attached to it: the number of coaches, boats, mishaps with trips, however this is the one which has exposed him and got out of hand. It’s so easy to provide an email confirmation if it was the truth would cleared up In one minute by himself. Instead he comes out with long winded replies of crap. I am not bothered about the 30.00 haven’t even chased it. However seeing his lies is a joke. There is a lady who gaved over nearly 1200 to him for Barcelona trip including tickets. She was told it was fully booked and to be at the airport for 10am but kept asking details and being ignored - it turns out it wasn’t booked at all and he is refunding her after it came out on Facebook, threatens of police etc. There are others aswell. Why can’t you just be straight up it would be fully appreciated and dropped by everyone if you showed confirmation. People will start emailing the boat company again about this 4000 and more lies will unfold. It’s not a witch-hunt you just need to be honest!

SlowerThanPlatt

Everything James does seems to have some kind of lie attached to it: the number of coaches, boats, mishaps with trips, however this is the one which has exposed him and got out of hand. It’s so easy to provide an email confirmation if it was the truth would cleared up In one minute by himself. Instead he comes out with long winded replies of crap. I am not bothered about the 30.00 haven’t even chased it. However seeing his lies is a joke. There is a lady who gaved over nearly 1200 to him for Barcelona trip including tickets. She was told it was fully booked and to be at the airport for 10am but kept asking details and being ignored - it turns out it wasn’t booked at all and he is refunding her after it came out on Facebook, threatens of police etc. There are others aswell. Why can’t you just be straight up it would be fully appreciated and dropped by everyone if you showed confirmation. People will start emailing the boat company again about this 4000 and more lies will unfold. It’s not a witch-hunt you just need to be honest!

Why is he selling trips to Barcelona? I thought he does travel to Cov games?

Users who are viewing this thread