The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (18 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martcov

Well it hasn’t and I can assure you that having spoken to leading people in German motor manufacturers they seem far far more concerned than major UK motor manufacturers. That is a 100% fact and you like me as a person who puts the UK first I’m sure finds some reassurance from that.

The BDI are preparing for all outcomes as well as no deal. That is fact. I wouldn’t worry about Germany as a person who puts U.K. first. You should be happy if your information is correct.

Sick Boy

Well it hasn’t and I can assure you that having spoken to leading people in German motor manufacturers they seem far far more concerned than major UK motor manufacturers. That is a 100% fact and you like me as a person who puts the UK first I’m sure finds some reassurance from that.

Just apart from the slight issue of not being able to discuss trade immediately. I don't why the mighty UK didn't get its way with that one. What happened? I thought the UK was calling the shots?

Good to see that the government has made yet another concession in giving MPs a full vote on Brexit as well.

I'm more interested in what's best for both sides not just one.

Grendel

Just apart from the slight issue of not being able to discuss trade immediately. I don't why the mighty UK didn't get its way with that one. What happened? I thought the UK was calling the shots?

Good to see that the government has made yet another concession in giving MPs a full vote on Brexit as well.

I'm more interested in what's best for both sides not just one.

I’m purely interested in what’s best for the uk I couldn’t give a fuck about the rest of Europe.

martcov

I’m purely interested in what’s best for the uk I couldn’t give a fuck about the rest of Europe.

23 European countries just signed a European Defence Union. Europe just made a step towards independence. NATO stays, but Europe moves towards looking after it’s own interests. It seems the rest of Europe doesn’t give a fuck about you. Brexit and Trump has brought Europe together. So there are benefits.

Grendel

23 European countries just signed a European Defence Union. Europe just made a step towards independence. NATO stays, but Europe moves towards looking after it’s own interests. It seems the rest of Europe doesn’t give a fuck about you. Brexit and Trump has brought Europe together. So there are benefits.

Awesome - I’m sure the collective might of an EU army will have Russia China et al quacking in their boots. The only thing the Eu are bringing together is the rise of the far right.

martcov

Awesome - I’m sure the collective might of an EU army will have Russia China et al quacking in their boots. The only thing the Eu are bringing together is the rise of the far right.

They are more interested in stability in Africa than arguing with China, and with security of the EU borders. I don’t see why Russia and China would be worried about a Defence Union. It is what it says.

Big mouthing, invading countries with brown skinned people and name calling of other crazy leaders is more for Trump.

Sick Boy

They are more interested in stability in Africa than arguing with China, and with security of the EU borders. I don’t see why Russia and China would be worried about a Defence Union. It is what it says.

Big mouthing, invading countries with brown skinned people and name calling of other crazy leaders is more for Trump.

I'm not sure what this obsession with trying to intimidate other countries and start wars is.

I'm not sure how a small island off the coast of Europe is going to intimidate Russia and China either.

martcov

Deluded. Europe is more divided now than at any time in the last 50 years.

23 Nations just joined a Defence Union including right Wing Poland and neutral right wingish Austria. If anyone is deluded it is you. It has taken 60 years to get this far, but Trump, Putin and not least, Brexit brought Europe together. Rejoice,

martcov

Just for Grendel and Astute:

UK is 'number one country for criminals hiding money'
4db5ca1a-1ce7-48de-b415-cf885adb8ecf.png

House of Commons

Parliament

Dame Margaret Hodge says that "unbelievably huge sums of money" are hidden in these jurisdictions.

She says: "We cannot claim we are leading the fight against tax avoidance when we are enabling tax avoidance to prosper, and not just that, but also corruption [and] money laundering."

"We're now being seen as the number one country for criminals to hide their money through tax avoidance and evasion."

Grendel

House of Commons

Parliament

Dame Margaret Hodge says that "unbelievably huge sums of money" are hidden in these jurisdictions.

She says: "We cannot claim we are leading the fight against tax avoidance when we are enabling tax avoidance to prosper, and not just that, but also corruption [and] money laundering."

"We're now being seen as the number one country for criminals to hide their money through tax avoidance and evasion."

Margret hodge lol!

Astute

House of Commons

Parliament

Corruption? She doesn't have a clue.

The EU commission knows what is.going on

Corruption across EU 'breathtaking'

martcov

Corruption? She doesn't have a clue.

The EU commission knows what is.going on

Corruption across EU 'breathtaking'

Yes, as they say it is:
„National governments, rather than EU institutions, are chiefly responsible for fighting corruption in the EU.“ ( Taken from the above report ).

People like Grendel are opposed to the evil EU taking away the democratic rights when it comes to attempts at cleaning things up as with Jersey and EU tax dodging.

National governments seem to like deflecting on to the EU.

martcov

The UK wanted to guarantee citizens rights from day one, so already has the moral high ground on this point but on the basis that your EU friends want to use them as bargaining chips then we are absolutely correct to do the same.

Why did the EU have to tell Davis again today that the EU wants citizens to retain their rights?

„The Parliament’s Brexit coordinator Guy Verhofstadt wrote to the UK’s Brexit Secretary on Tuesday to warn that EU citizens in Britain should have “exactly the same rights as they have today” after the UK leaves.“

It is the UK who want to take away citizens rights.

Grendel

Margaret Hodge has repeatedly accused the government of encouraging corruption and dodgy deals while st the same time having a family business which paid less than 0.1% corporation tax. She also in an election manifesto said expense scandal MPs should be bought to book but that her £700,000 in one year was perfectly reasonable.

martcov

Margaret Hodge has repeatedly accused the government of encouraging corruption and dodgy deals while st the same time having a family business which paid less than 0.1% corporation tax. She also in an election manifesto said expense scandal MPs should be bought to book but that her £700,000 in one year was perfectly reasonable.

Sort of proves my point that we have a bad name about tax dodging. Juncker has not yet been caught dipping the till for 700000 as far as I know and I thought Amazon paid 2% in Luxemburg. He could learn a lot from our MPd.

Grendel

Sort of proves my point that we have a bad name about tax dodging. Juncker has not yet been caught dipping the till for 700000 as far as I know and I thought Amazon paid 2% in Luxemburg. He could learn a lot from our MPd.

No my point is her views on tax evasion are about as valid as the McCanns on childcare (cue faux pas outrage)

Astute

Why did the EU have to tell Davis again today that the EU wants citizens to retain their rights?

„The Parliament’s Brexit coordinator Guy Verhofstadt wrote to the UK’s Brexit Secretary on Tuesday to warn that EU citizens in Britain should have “exactly the same rights as they have today” after the UK leaves.“

It is the UK who want to take away citizens rights.
How about coming out with evidence on what rights would be taken away instead of looking for someone like Margaret Hodge to back up what you say.

martcov

How about coming out with evidence on what rights would be taken away instead of looking for someone like Margaret Hodge to back up what you say.

This:
imp

INTERNATIONAL
All the rights EU citizens in the UK are set to lose after Brexit

• 27.06.2017, 10:13
eu-citizens.jpg
EU citizens protest against BrexitThomas Lohnes / Getty

WERBUNG
inRead invented by Teads

• Right for EU citizens to leave the UK for long periods will be restricted post-Brexit.
  • Two classes of EU citizens will be created in the UK.
  • Right to bring over family members will be restricted.
  • EU citizens will lose protection of the European Court of Justice.

martcov

No my point is her views on tax evasion are about as valid as the McCanns on childcare (cue faux pas outrage)

So,everything in the UK and it’s dependencies is ok because she said it isn’t, but the EU is corrupt and helps tax dodging. Like your logic.

Astute

This:

INTERNATIONAL
All the rights EU citizens in the UK are set to lose after Brexit

• 27.06.2017, 10:13
eu-citizens.jpg
EU citizens protest against BrexitThomas Lohnes / Getty

WERBUNG
inRead invented by Teads

• Right for EU citizens to leave the UK for long periods will be restricted post-Brexit.
  • Two classes of EU citizens will be created in the UK.
  • Right to bring over family members will be restricted.
  • EU citizens will lose protection of the European Court of Justice.
So an EU citizen should be able to leave the UK for a long time and then come back whenever they feel like it?

Two classes? Oh yeah. Is that like a UK citizen and those that don't want it?

Distant family members?

If they stay in the UK they should be under the UK law. If they want to be under another like the EU they need to live there.

Grendel

So,everything in the UK and it’s dependencies is ok because she said it isn’t, but the EU is corrupt and helps tax dodging. Like your logic.

Well no because you are basically presenting a witness for you defence whose at best a fruit cake and at worst a toxic hypocrite and either way is a laughing stock.

shmmeee

Doesn’t actually address her point though does it?

I know you’re king of shit arguments and logical fallacies, but cmon, at least try for a cogent argument.

If you tell me the sky is blue, you’re not wrong just because you’re a despicable c**t are you?

Astute

I know you’re king of shit arguments and logical fallacies, but cmon, at least try for a cogent argument.

If you tell me the sky is blue, you’re not wrong just because you’re a despicable c**t are you?
Don't you get how ironic it was coming from her? It is people like herself doing it.

Grendel

What next - you are going to present a statement food has risen by 20% or show some random graphs without comprehending their meaning.

If I’m the King then you truly are the God of the entire universe and beyond.

She doesn’t have a point.

She made a statement with zero evidence. I’d imagine she’s someone you can relate to very well.

martcov

What next - you are going to present a statement food has risen by 20% or show some random graphs without comprehending their meaning.

If I’m the King then you truly are the God of the entire universe and beyond.

She doesn’t have a point.

She made a statement with zero evidence. I’d imagine she’s someone you can relate to very well.

The evidence is that Appleby was asked by Apple which was the best UK dependency to stash their money in. They wouldn’t have asked if they weren’t aware how easy it was to stash money in UK dependencies. You posted the link proving the point.

martcov

So an EU citizen should be able to leave the UK for a long time and then come back whenever they feel like it?

Two classes? Oh yeah. Is that like a UK citizen and those that don't want it?

Distant family members?

If they stay in the UK they should be under the UK law. If they want to be under another like the EU they need to live there.

They came under EU law and don’t want their rights taken from them. The EU is protecting those rights. I hope the UK will be protecting my rights in the EU. I doubt it though with the present tosser government.

Astute

They came under EU law and don’t want their rights taken from them. The EU is protecting those rights. I hope the UK will be protecting my rights in the EU. I doubt it though with the present tosser government.
What a load of bollocks.

If we.leave the EU we shouldn't still be ruled by the EU. If you want to be ruled bu the EU then live in it like you still will.

Or do you think that those who have left the UK to live in the EU should be ruled bu the UK still once we leave?

martcov

What a load of bollocks.

If we.leave the EU we shouldn't still be ruled by the EU. If you want to be ruled bu the EU then live in it like you still will.

Or do you think that those who have left the UK to live in the EU should be ruled bu the UK still once we leave?

No. But I don’t want to be caught up in a tit for tat situation. I came as an EU citizen and because of other people who largely didn’t know exactly what they were voting for, I could lose some of my rights in a tit for tat situation.

But, you don’t give a toss about the side effects of Brexit - as a totally neutral person. Brexit hasn’t started yet, but it is going to upset a hell of a lot of people. We EU migrants are the first, but not the last.

Users who are viewing this thread