The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (12 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martcov

Why exactly should EU citizens have more rights to bring a non-EU spouse to the UK than British nationals do at present?

Explaining the EU deal: limiting residence rights for family members

I don’t think they should. I think we should all have the same rights as EU Citizens. In Brexit Britain it will be different. This thing cuts both ways at the moment though. A UK citizen could bring a non EU
spouse to another EU land. So Brits have the same rights on non EU spouses.

martcov

Nothing, or rather little to do with the EU. Although Lindner is against an EU finance minister and transfer payments on a regular basis. Main problem is between FDP and the greens. Environment and non EU migration. FDP gives Merkel the blame for letting the others fight amongst themselves without making suggestions to bring them together. Could be a minority government- no DUP to bribe here. Grand coalition also possible, but I hope not. New election possible, but complicated. Merkel cannot call it herself as she has not yet been voted Kanzlerin.

martcov

I am surprised. Will be interesting to see how it pans out. We don’t have a Kanzler at the moment. Bundestag has to vote on that. It is a lame duck situation. Merkel is dependent on Steinmeier the President, as if she can’t form a government, he has to either call an election within 60 days, or there is a Kanzler vote in Parliament. She cannot call an election as she is not yet Kanzlerin. That could go on three times if there is no majority in parliament, before it is decided by the percentage of votes ( at the third time ). Further complicated by having no opponent on the horizon. Lindner is getting flak - also from some in his own party.

martcov

Dear old Angela's dire predicament actually does make Teresa May appear strong and stable by comparison.

How long has Merkel led a very strong and very stable government? Where is May‘s strong and stable government? David Davis has just told the Germans not to put politics before prosperity. They are pissing themselves at the hypocrisy.

Apropos hypocrisy....how is the man Farage endorsed in the USA doing? Roy ( lock up your daughters ) Moore? And the one of Farage‘s mistresses who claims they ( Farage and her ) are both „liars and hypocrites“?

Right wing comedy. Love it ( as Eric Trump would say ).

Astute

How long has Merkel led a very strong and very stable government? Where is May‘s strong and stable government? David Davis has just told the Germans not to put politics before prosperity. They are pissing themselves at the hypocrisy.

Apropos hypocrisy....how is the man Farage endorsed in the USA doing? Roy ( lock up your daughters ) Moore? And the one of Farage‘s mistresses who claims they ( Farage and her ) are both „liars and hypocrites“?

Right wing comedy. Love it ( as Eric Trump would say ).
I think you have a private admiration for Farage as you always bring him up when nobody else does.

Hypocrisy? You keep saying May is weak. Yes she isn't as strong as she was before the last election. But you kept saying that Merkel is strong. She isn't. She has always needed a lot of help. And now she can't get it. Why is this?

Some of us know. But I like to hear your slant on it.

martcov

I think you have a private admiration for Farage as you always bring him up when nobody else does.

Hypocrisy? You keep saying May is weak. Yes she isn't as strong as she was before the last election. But you kept saying that Merkel is strong. She isn't. She has always needed a lot of help. And now she can't get it. Why is this?

Some of us know. But I like to hear your slant on it.

She has always led a strong government. No rebellion against her. Coalition contracts were made and honoured.

She can’t get it at the moment because the SPD don’t want to govern in a grand coalition. Largely because Merkel is too strong in comparison.

May is extremely weak. Rebellion threatened constantly. U turns every week or so.

At least the Germans are honest enough to say that „it is better not to govern at all rather than to govern badly.“ ( Lindner FDP ).

I think Farage is a turd, but I am loving the exposure the liar and hypocrite is getting. He went at Bannon‘s request to endorse a paedophile candidate for the senate. Shows his judgement and character.

The same standard of judgement and the same lack of honesty that led years of campaigning to leave the EU. Scum.

Grendel

She has always led a strong government. No rebellion against her. Coalition contracts were made and honoured.

She can’t get it at the moment because the SPD don’t want to govern in a grand coalition. Largely because Merkel is too strong in comparison.

May is extremely weak. Rebellion threatened constantly. U turns every week or so.

At least the Germans are honest enough to say that „it is better not to govern at all rather than to govern badly.“ ( Lindner FDP ).

I think Farage is a turd, but I am loving the exposure the liar and hypocrite is getting. He went at Bannon‘s request to endorse a paedophile candidate for the senate. Shows his judgement and character.

The same standard of judgement and the same lack of honesty that led years of campaigning to leave the EU. Scum.

I actually think you are mentally unhinged

Grendel

Well, seeing as it you and you are usually wrong, I will take that as a compliment.

Lol you’ve been wrong at every turn in this debate. This is just another in a series of howlers.

martcov

Lol you’ve been wrong at every turn in this debate. This is just another in a series of howlers.

Ok. Has May made U turns? Are there threats of rebellion in May‘s cabinet? Could Merkel govern with the SPD if they wanted to govern with her? Has Merkel always led a strong coalition government? Has Roy Moore been dating teenies in the past? Did Bannon ask for Farage to fly over to endorse Roy Moore? Has Farage recently been described by one of his mistresses as a liar and a hypocrite? Etc, etc.

What is wrong in my statement and how do come to the conclusion that I have been wrong at every turn?

Captain Dart

DPE67tDWkAIeCe2.jpg

Grendel

Ok. Has May made U turns? Are there threats of rebellion in May‘s cabinet? Could Merkel govern with the SPD if they wanted to govern with her? Has Merkel always led a strong coalition government? Has Roy Moore been dating teenies in the past? Did Bannon ask for Farage to fly over to endorse Roy Moore? Has Farage recently been described by one of his mistresses as a liar and a hypocrite? Etc, etc.

What is wrong in my statement and how do come to the conclusion that I have been wrong at every turn?

To be honest I gave up with you when you tried to persuade people the European nations aren’t seeing huge escalations in right wing institutions. Your interpretation of the German election result was just bizarre.

She won (well lowest share of the vote since 1949) there is no far right threat (largest vote for a far right part since the war) the far right only gained in east Germany (wrong) Britain is corrupt - Patricia Hodge said so, clueless on Irish history.

They aside from the inability to respond to Captain Dart asking a direct question on how the EU works, a total lack of understanding of how exchange rates and bond markets are linked - guess I’ll leave it there.

All you are on here is Merkels poodle.

Also an obsession with a one policy fringe politician who no one in this country even sees as a real politician anymore shows you are so out of touch with the uk

Keep licking Merkels boots. She’s running out of friends - poor Angela.

Astute

You see everything from a German perspective. Germany is strong because of the EU and Euro. They benefit from the poor countries of the EU. Maybe they think we are the same. But we are not. We even buy much more from the EU than we sell to it. Our small islands are catching up with Germany with population. Look at the difference in size. Germany's population is staying about the same. We have totally different problems.

And the people of Germany are still waking up to the problems that come with being in the EU.

martcov

To be honest I gave up with you when you tried to persuade people the European nations aren’t seeing huge escalations in right wing institutions. Your interpretation of the German election result was just bizarre.

She won (well lowest share of the vote since 1949) there is no far right threat (largest vote for a far right part since the war) the far right only gained in east Germany (wrong) Britain is corrupt - Patricia Hodge said so, clueless on Irish history.

They aside from the inability to respond to Captain Dart asking a direct question on how the EU works, a total lack of understanding of how exchange rates and bond markets are linked - guess I’ll leave it there.

All you are on here is Merkels poodle.

Also an obsession with a one policy fringe politician who no one in this country even sees as a real politician anymore shows you are so out of touch with the uk

Keep licking Merkels boots. She’s running out of friends - poor Angela.

Depends on the definition of huge. Never denied there is a rise in right wing votes, but pointed out that, in Germany at least, that it is regional. My ward was 3% for AfD. They gained in some inner cities in the West, but nowhere near as much as in the East.

Merkel won the same percentage as in 2009. athe SPD got the worst result since 1949.

Britain is one of the worst offenders for secrecy - hiding money - through it‘s dependencies and London property has been bought for money laundering purposes. That is what I actually said and you can google that too if you want.

Captain Dart asked a question. I suggested he looked it up in Google or Wikipedia. The answer is there and any answer I would give would come out as about the same. I am not writing essays repeating what he can easily look up.

I do understand exchange rates.

Farage is in the news almost daily at the moment- even in the Mail and has his own radio show. You don’t give him enough credit ;-).

You have just tried twisting and distorting my statements which is a sure sign that they are right - otherwise you wouldn’t need to do that.

As for being Merkel‘s poodle, she is a serious and intelligent leader compared with the crap on display in other countries. I am not going to put people like May, Erdogan, Trump, Davis, Johnson or the like above her. Doesn’t mean she is the best ever, just that there is no competition on the international stage at the moment.

Astute

Depends on the definition of huge. Never denied there is a rise in right wing votes, but pointed out that, in Germany at least, that it is regional. My ward was 3% for AfD. They gained in some inner cities in the West, but nowhere near as much as in the East.

Merkel won the same percentage as in 2009. athe SPD got the worst result since 1949.

Britain is one of the worst offenders for secrecy - hiding money - through it‘s dependencies and London property has been bought for money laundering purposes. That is what I actually said and you can google that too if you want.

Captain Dart asked a question. I suggested he looked it up in Google or Wikipedia. The answer is there and any answer I would give would come out as about the same. I am not writing essays repeating what he can easily look up.

Farage is in the news almost daily at the moment- even in the Mail and has his own radio show. You don’t give him enough credit ;-).

You have just tried twisting and distorting my statements which is a sure sign that they are right - otherwise you wouldn’t need to do that.

As for being Merkel‘s poodle, she is a serious and intelligent leader compared with the crap on display in other countries. I am not going to put people like May, Erdogan, Trump, Davis, Johnson or the like above her. Doesn’t mean she is the best ever, just that there is no competition on the international stage at the moment.
You are boring me with your one sided rants now.

martcov

You see everything from a German perspective. Germany is strong because of the EU and Euro. They benefit from the poor countries of the EU. Maybe they think we are the same. But we are not. We even buy much more from the EU than we sell to it. Our small islands are catching up with Germany with population. Look at the difference in size. Germany's population is staying about the same. We have totally different problems.

And the people of Germany are still waking up to the problems that come with being in the EU.

What problems are the Germans waking up to? You think they are doing well out of the EU. All the main parties see that. The AfD is mainly about the Syrian refugees. The FDP is pro EU, but wants reform.

martcov

Lile your fact that Merkel would easily make another coalition when I said she would struggle?

I said noone wants a new election. That is not the same as saying it will be easy. Yes, I am surprised that they didn’t get there. Let’s see how it pans out. No one knows what will happen now. Steinmeier is talking to all parties and urging them to take a deep breath and think again. Either they try again, Merkel forms a minority government, or they go for a grand coalition or Steinmeier calls a new election.

Grendel

Embarrassing and also telling that the “people like” aren’t Euro snout troughers like Junker or the even more vile Tusk.

I haven’t distorted anything you’ve said - you are just a gift that never stops giving.

Grendel

Is there any good news as it seems to be one thing after another today

The Tories have voted that animals can't feel pain as part of the EU bill, marking the beginning of our anti-science Brexit

European Banking Authority will move from London to Paris | Metro News

This thread is worth a read concerning issues around agencies like the EMA leaving

And an investigation in to Vote Leave financing has been opened.

On the first article can you tell me on official statistics Dave the cruelest nation to animals in Europe.

martcov

Embarrassing and also telling that the “people like” aren’t Euro snout troughers like Junker or the even more vile Tusk.

I haven’t distorted anything you’ve said - you are just a gift that never stops giving.

Yes, of course you have. You have just done it again. I was talking about as compared with Merkel. And yes I wouldn’t put Juncker or Tusk above Merkel either.

Did you bother to check my facts as I suggested? Doubt it, you just make up your own to suit your argument.

Grendel

Yes, of course you have. You have just done it again. I was talking about as compared with Merkel. And yes I wouldn’t put Juncker or Tusk above Merkel either.

Did you bother to check my facts as I suggested? Doubt it, you just make up your own to suit your argument.

Would you put Junker and Tusk above May?

You don’t have facts. You just believe what Merkel the jumped up town hall councillor tells you.

Give up - we are laughing at your buffoonery.

martcov

Would you put Junker and Tusk above May?

You don’t have facts. You just believe what Merkel the jumped up town hall councillor tells you.

Give up - we are laughing at your buffoonery.

Tusk, but not Juncker.

Merkel doesn’t tell me anything. There is a whole world of information out there... you should check it out sometime.

The critic of Merkel at the moment is that she doesn’t tell anyone anything, and just sits back and lets the others argue amongst themselves. She was hoping they would have to make compromises to each other and she would nip in at the end. Seems not to have considered that the FDP would rather not govern than make too many concessions.

clint van damme

Is there any good news as it seems to be one thing after another today

The Tories have voted that animals can't feel pain as part of the EU bill, marking the beginning of our anti-science Brexit

European Banking Authority will move from London to Paris | Metro News

This thread is worth a read concerning issues around agencies like the EMA leaving

And an investigation in to Vote Leave financing has been opened.

I read that the 900 jobs going with the EMA move could actually be as many as 4000 with associated jobs.
David Davis said in the FT that the EMA and the EBA definitely wouldn't leave London! They really are a bunch of fucking clueless clowns, but they'll get a pass because Diana Abbot said something stupid 20 years ago.

Grendel

I read that the 900 jobs going with the EMA move could actually be as many as 4000 with associated jobs.
David Davis said in the FT that the EMA and the EBA definitely wouldn't leave London! They really are a bunch of fucking clueless clowns, but they'll get a pass because Diana Abbot said something stupid 20 years ago.

Dianne Abbot says something stupid every 20 minutes.

Astute

but she's not part of our Brexit team, so again, the damage she can do is minimal.
Surely it must be dawning on the most hard nosed Brexiteer that the people who are supposed to steer us through the leaving process are absolutely clueless?
Farage is nothing to do with anything. But you like to bring him into asmuch as you can.

The point you keep missing is Abbott is seen as a joke from all sides. Yet she has a high up position in the Labour party. Corbyn is supposed to be our saviour. Yet he wants out of the EU.

If you only had a single view you would say this yourself. But it all depends on the point you want to make at the time.

Astute

UK 'ready to pay more for Brexit'

Just close your eyes really hard and say Brexit is great over and over again and it will come true!

This most certainly is not another concession, the UK holds all of the cards! They need us more than we need them!!
So you say we should pay what is due. But when it comes to more than has been said you use it as a stick.

Personally I think that it will be a lot more than 40 billion. They want us to pay for things not even started yet. And they want us to keep paying for the astronomical pensions that nobody else can get.

If we end up staying in the payments we make will continue to go up drastically. But you don't seem to mind this.

Users who are viewing this thread