The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (40 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skybluetony176

It is people like you who will see this country destroyed.

I don't need to say anything more.

Destroyed by not being paranoid about the very thing that has shaped this country for centuries continuing to happen. There is absolutely no logic to your paranoia based on history or anything else for that matter. The irony is you seem to think we can somehow stop it happening and live in some utopia of your imagination. You’re seriously deluded pal. We’ll always be Britain and British and as has always happened since time began what that means will evolve. You’ a dinosaur in every sense of the word.

Marty

Think there's some truth in that. Obviously you'd wouldn't have no culture at all you'd have everything mixed in together indistinguishable from each other. The trick is to get the balance right. You want multiculturalism to gain the benefits of those outside influences but you don't want to tip over in to that dominating everything.

Seems to be something we struggle with in this country but I don't think that's particularly related to the EU, other EU countries seem to be able to maintain their identity. Part of the problem here is things like the hijacking of our flag as a right wing symbol.

Some cultures are better then others. Why would the cultures at the forefront of a lot of things(Western Europe) want or need anything from certain other cultures (Chinese eating dogs or non women drivers like in Saudi Arabia).

clint van damme

Some cultures are better then others. Why would the cultures at the forefront of a lot of things(Western Europe) want or need anything from certain other cultures (Chinese eating dogs or non women drivers like in Saudi Arabia).

This post is going to confuse the fuck out of Singapore, he won't know whether to have a go at you for slating the Chinese or use your comments on Saudi as an opportunity for a bit of Muslim bashing!
Chinese culture hasn't given us anything, fuck me, you couldn't make it up. There's evidence that they invented fermented drinks, (that's beer to you and me), what more can you ask?!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

This post is going to confuse the fuck out of Singapore, he won't know whether to have a go at you for slating the Chinese or use your comments on Saudi as an opportunity for a bit of Muslim bashing!
Chinese culture hasn't given us anything, fuck me, you couldn't make it up. There's evidence that they invented fermented drinks, (that's beer to you and me), what more can you ask?!

His point about some cultures being better than others is spot on though. We seem to be importing many bad ones too.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Destroyed by not being paranoid about the very thing that has shaped this country for centuries continuing to happen. There is absolutely no logic to your paranoia based on history or anything else for that matter. The irony is you seem to think we can somehow stop it happening and live in some utopia of your imagination. You’re seriously deluded pal. We’ll always be Britain and British and as has always happened since time began what that means will evolve. You’ a dinosaur in every sense of the word.

I am a dinosaur because I'm not prepared to roll over and let the country get fucked? You complete fucking moron.

My logic is that if you important third world cultures, you don't get a better first world, you get a shitter quality of living all round. Is that evolving, or is that going backwards?

I'm seriously deluded? You're the one standing there thinking everything is fine whilst we see the rise of the right. Why is this? Two reasons: 1) We are seeing our way of life slowly be destroyed. 2) People like you are saying it is not happening/isn't a problem/we are deluded dinosaurs.

You say in one sentence I'm paranoid, then in the next that we can't 'stop it happening'. Which one is it? You're all over the place.

Marty

I wasn't bashing anyone, I'm just saying that cultures are better then others, I see the cultures of western Europe being eroded and quite frankly it's not on, I was very central politically, but the left wing agenda, flooding western Europe with people we don't want or need and then attacking us with words like racist and Nazi as we disagree with these insane policies, you don't seem to understand that you are giving fuel to the right.

It made me smile (wrongly) when that EU ministers daughter was murdered, finally they get to see the direct consequences of their decisions and I hope his stance haunts him to the day he dies.

clint van damme

I wasn't bashing anyone, I'm just saying that cultures are better then others, I see the cultures of western Europe being eroded and quite frankly it's not on, I was very central politically, but the left wing agenda, flooding western Europe with people we don't want or need and then attacking us with words like racist and Nazi as we disagree with these insane policies, you don't seem to understand that you are giving fuel to the right.

It made me smile (wrongly) when that EU ministers daughter was murdered, finally they get to see the direct consequences of their decisions and I hope his stance haunts him to the day he dies.

What people are "flooding Western Europe"?
Iraqis, Afghanis, Syrians, Libyans? Could there be a reason people are leaving those countries in droves?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Iraqis, Afghanis, Syrians, Libyans? Could there be a reason people are leaving those countries in droves?

Yeah, we shouldn't be involved in middle eastern conflict. That's been covered. Alarmingly, as well as many people from those countries, we are seeing many Europeans acting as if we 'deserve' to get fucked over as a direct result of our and others government behaviour.

You can also look at other countries who have different foreign policy to us, and they are also getting fucked too.

What about migrants from Africa as well? There's hundreds of thousands of them and that's nothing to do with our foreign policy either.

Astute

Doesn't seem to be any details on the Electoral Commission site about an investigation into remain. There was the initial investigation following both side filing their returns, as with any election, but there doesn't seem to be anything to indicate further action against remain.
They had already looked into the leave side of it. They said it was OK. Now for some reason they are looking again.

Marty

Every tom, dick and harry is mate, open your eyes and stop watching the BBC News propaganda machine in action. Do you not think these people who are (lets not forget, who are mostly fighting age adult males) would be happier in a state that more conforms to their ideology (Turkey, Saudi Arabia). They are here as they see an opportunity to make it in western Europe. Also don't get me started on those fuckers who are in the boats picking them up from Africa.

clint van damme

Yeah, we shouldn't be involved in middle eastern conflict. That's been covered. Alarmingly, as well as many people from those countries, we are seeing many Europeans acting as if we 'deserve' to get fucked over as a direct result of our and others government behaviour.

You can also look at other countries who have different foreign policy to us, and they are also getting fucked too.

What about migrants from Africa as well? There's hundreds of thousands of them and that's nothing to do with our foreign policy either.
some imagined left wing agenda.

So foreign policy is a major cause not some imagined left wing agenda?
With regard to Africa, how is leaving the EU going to control immigration from that continent? Do you think the tories are going to fund proper border control?

Astute

Dog and chips?

clint van damme

Every tom, dick and harry is mate, open your eyes and stop watching the BBC News propaganda machine in action. Do you not think these people who are (lets not forget, who are mostly fighting age adult males) would be happier in a state that more conforms to their ideology (Turkey, Saudi Arabia). They are here as they see an opportunity to make it in western Europe. Also don't get me started on those fuckers who are in the boats picking them up from Africa.

do you laugh at those people who drown in them boats like you did at that girl getting murdered?

Astute

With regard to Africa, how is leaving the EU going to control immigration from that continent? Do you think the tories are going to fund proper border control?
We did until the EU said we couldn't as we had to open our borders to anyone from the EU.

clint van damme

We did until the EU said we couldn't as we had to open our borders to anyone from the EU.

but would the tories, (or any subsequent government) fund it again?

Look at what you have to do to clear customs in other countries such as the US and Australia, (never been to Aus but I've been told). That level of control doesn't come cheap. I just can't see them paying for it.

Marty

No, but I'm not going to pretend like I care either, I laughed at the ministers daughter, as his direct actions resulted in the death of his daughter, hes fully accountable for that. Chickens coming home to roost. They don't have to live with the decisions they make usually as they are so far up their own arse, but this one firmly bit him on arse, Poetic justice.

skybluetony176

I am a dinosaur because I'm not prepared to roll over and let the country get fucked? You complete fucking moron.

My logic is that if you important third world cultures, you don't get a better first world, you get a shitter quality of living all round. Is that evolving, or is that going backwards?

I'm seriously deluded? You're the one standing there thinking everything is fine whilst we see the rise of the right. Why is this? Two reasons: 1) We are seeing our way of life slowly be destroyed. 2) People like you are saying it is not happening/isn't a problem/we are deluded dinosaurs.

You say in one sentence I'm paranoid, then in the next that we can't 'stop it happening'. Which one is it? You're all over the place.

How is the country being fucked over by foreign culture?

You look at any British tradition and it’s influenced by foreign culture.

Sitting on the lawn eating cucumber sandwich’s drinking tea for instance. Very British.

Lawn. A French invention introduced to Britain.

Cucumber. A native crop of Asia introduced to Britain.

Bread. An Egyptian invention introduced to Britain. If it’s sliced bread it’s an America invention introduced to Britain.

Tea. Asian introduced to Britain. Maybe this is news to you but Yorkshire tea isn’t made from a native plant of Yorkshire.

I bet they’re aren’t many British traditions that don’t either have they’re history steeped in foreign influence or the components of it being of foreign origin.

Doesn’t stop them being British though.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Foreign policy is of course an issue, but it is not the rule. As we can see with some other countries.

Are the EU funding proper border control? You can pretty much get anywhere on the continent without being asked. Which is why many terrorists in the last year or so have been found about 3 countries away from the place they committed their crime.

I don't actually have an issue with migration from within the EU too much, but the one that is ruining our cultures is the stuff from outside the EU. This is what the EU themselves are trying to impose on member states with quotas, and they're punishing countries that are not happy with this. Hungary, Poland etc etc. The reason you don't see any terrorism there is because their populations are largely free of migrants with different belief systems who want to destroy their way of life and impose their own.

That, in a roundabout way is one of the reasons why some people voted to leave.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

How is the country being fucked over by foreign culture?

You look at any British tradition and it’s influenced by foreign culture.

Sitting on the lawn eating cucumber sandwich’s drinking tea for instance. Very British.

Lawn. A French invention introduced to Britain.

Cucumber. A native crop of Asia introduced to Britain.

Bread. An Egyptian invention introduced to Britain. If it’s sliced bread it’s an America invention introduced to Britain.

Tea. Asian introduced to Britain. Maybe this is news to you but Yorkshire tea isn’t made from a native plant of Yorkshire.

I bet they’re aren’t many British traditions that don’t either have they’re history steeped in foreign influence or the components of it being of foreign origin.

Doesn’t stop them being British though.

You're completely missing the point.

You really don't think Britain is losing its identity? Maybe you are happy with that, if so, just admit it. If not, then you are clearly just on another planet.

Also, can you name some good culture points that are being brought into us by the current wave of immigrants from third world countries?

clint van damme

Foreign policy is of course an issue, but it is not the rule. As we can see with some other countries.

Are the EU funding proper border control? You can pretty much get anywhere on the continent without being asked. Which is why many terrorists in the last year or so have been found about 3 countries away from the place they committed their crime.

I don't actually have an issue with migration from within the EU too much, but the one that is ruining our cultures is the stuff from outside the EU. This is what the EU themselves are trying to impose on member states with quotas, and they're punishing countries that are not happy with this. Hungary, Poland etc etc. The reason you don't see any terrorism there is because their populations are largely free of migrants with different belief systems who want to destroy their way of life and impose their own.

That, in a roundabout way is one of the reasons why some people voted to leave.

But we were told immigration wasn't a reason for the leave vote!
Do you agree that the tories won't fund proper border control or do you think they will?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

But we were told immigration wasn't a reason for the leave vote!
Do you agree that the tories won't fund proper border control or do you think they will?

Who said it wasn't? I personally don't think it was EU immigration that was part of the problem. I think it was nonEU immigration that was being slapped on us by the EU and originally Merkel which swayed it in the end.

I doubt the Tories will fund proper border control, but I also doubt that any other party (maybe UKIP aside) would either. I am totally at a loss with UK politics and nearly every politician I look at drives me up the wall. I think May should have a vote of no confidence against her, but the problem with that is then another chance for Corbyn to get in, which in my personal opinion would be an even bigger disaster.

clint van damme

Who said it wasn't? I personally don't think it was EU immigration that was part of the problem. I think it was nonEU immigration that was being slapped on us by the EU and originally Merkel which swayed it in the end.

I doubt the Tories will fund proper border control, but I also doubt that any other party (maybe UKIP aside) would either. I am totally at a loss with UK politics and nearly every politician I look at drives me up the wall. I think May should have a vote of no confidence against her, but the problem with that is then another chance for Corbyn to get in, which in my personal opinion would be an even bigger disaster.

well if they don't fund it I don't think leaving the EU will make any difference to controlling our borders.

skybluetony176

Where would Yorkshire be without tea? How could we celebrate burning a catholic on the 5th of November without fireworks? What would the potteries be called if it wasn’t for fine China? Where would a stew be without dumplings?

That’s just of the top of my head.

skybluetony176

We’ve been involved in the Middle East for centuries. Hell we ran most of it and also take a lot of culture from it from food to farming to architecture. The Middle East being just one of the regions of the world that’s shaped the country you don’t want foreign influence to shape. Is the irony really missing you here?

The reason we’re involved now is oil. Plain and simple.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We’ve been involved in the Middle East for centuries. Hell we ran most of it and also take a lot of culture from it from food to farming to architecture. The Middle East being just one of the regions of the world that’s shaped the country you don’t want foreign influence to shape. Is the irony really missing you here?

The reason we’re involved now is oil. Plain and simple.

I asked you to name some good things third world migrants are bringing to our country at the moment. What are we getting out of it?

I'm not talking about what helped build it to its civilised state, but what now is destroying it, to its ever building non-civilised state.

clint van damme

I asked you to name some good things third world migrants are bringing to our country at the moment. What are we getting out of it?

I'm not talking about what helped build it to its civilised state, but what now is destroying it, to its ever building non-civilised state.

fuck me, it's a good job you didn't live in Earlsdon in the 70s if you think it uncivilised now!!

skybluetony176

Doctors, nurses, midwives, something we all benefit from. Have you been in a British hospital lately? They bring much needed unskilled workers to fill job requirements that keep our economy ticking over. Remember we have record employment at the minute, there would be a lot of job vacancies if it weren’t for immigrants skilled and unskilled at the moment and that stifles productivity which has a damaging effect on the economy that’s already struggling to grow at anything other than a crawl. They come as students and pay for that privilege boosting the coffers of our universities something British born students benefit from and help regenerate cities like Coventry something we all benefit from. They give us gold medal winners like amp Farah.

Shall I go on or are you through with being stupid?

You best get used to an influx of third world immigrants too, we’ll need them in bigger numbers soon to replace the loss in EU immigrants. You’re curing nothing by leaving the EU. All we’ll do is swap one demographic for another and it will be out of necessity.

Last edited:

Astute

Where would Yorkshire be without tea? How could we celebrate burning a catholic on the 5th of November without fireworks? What would the potteries be called if it wasn’t for fine China? Where would a stew be without dumplings?

That’s just of the top of my head.
So everyone from the whole world should be allowed to live in the UK as we got tea from elsewhere?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Doctors, nurses, midwives. Have you been in a British hospital lately? They bring much needed unskilled workers to fill job requirements that keep our economy ticking over. Remember we have record employment at the minute, there would be a lot of job vacancies if it weren’t for immigrants skilled and unskilled at the moment and that stifles productivity which has a damaging effect on the economy that’s already struggling to grow at anything other than a crawl. They come as students and pay for tha

Yes, we have some workers in the NHS. Well done. What percentage of third world immigrants in the UK is that? How many don't have jobs, cause trouble, breed like mad and contribute zero? A much higher percentage no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread