The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (12 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Earlsdon. I’ve been researching a traditional Sunday roast that you can have without non of these nasty foreign influences you don’t want diluting our culture.

Beef. OK so long as it’s a native breed.

Carrots. Sorry, that’s a Persian invader.

Peas. Sorry, they were introduced by the Roman invaders.

Cabbage. Roman invaders again.

Cauliflower cheese. Cauliflower is a medertaraniln invader. Maybe you can have the cheese. Sorry, them Romans again. Grrrr.

Broccoli. Romans again. Curse them pesky Italians.

Roast potatoes. North American. No can do. Same goes for mash.

Runner beans. Nope, from Central America.

Parsnips. See Romans.

You’re basically on cow and grass fella. So long as it’s wild grass. Lawns were a French invention. Enjoy. Sunday’s must be a blast in your house.

Yeah, I better tell my wife that she isn't welcome for dinner either.

You're a complete moron. If there was any thought that you were previously losing this argument, you've just confirmed it with that post.

Astute

because there is no will in this country to properly fund public services.
It's OK saying we're going to control our borders but you have to actually put in place resources to do so.
Remember, we have a PM who, when Home secretary told police chiefs they were being drama queens when they said they could not be able to successfully fight terrorism because of the cuts she was making, Then the attacks started.
Oh yes there is.

And even more so if tariffs are going to be charged.

They are watching thousands in the UK. There are more dangerous places in the EU than here.

chiefdave

Thats a report on a document drawn up by the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe. Even the Express admit "The document, which has no official weight and is likely to be rejected by member states"
Its about Mogherini and what she wants not what the EU has as policy. Even then its not an EU Army she's proposing.
Again just one persons opinion, in this instance Bartels, which is a very different thing to something being EU policy.

Of course while we were a member we could veto any attempt to create an EU army. Brexit means we no longer have that veto.

martcov

„Britain has repeatedly blocked plans for an integrated European defence policy, but other member states have warned it cannot expect to have a say in the issue post-Brexit.

There have been growing calls for a single European defence policy in the wake of Donald Trump’s comments that Nato is “obsolete”.“

Now. It says quite clearly that there have been calls for single European Defence policy. Which is what I said.

A German said that there will be inevitably an EU army. Which could be true, but not in my lifetime ( statistically around 20 years to go ).

There are no plans for an army, but 23 countries have signed up for a European Defence Force. This includes units training together and joint regiments.

The Defence Force is voluntary. That is why 23 have joined up and not 27.

Astute

Thats a report on a document drawn up by the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe. Even the Express admit "The document, which has no official weight and is likely to be rejected by member states"

Its about Mogherini and what she wants not what the EU has as policy. Even then its not an EU Army she's proposing.

Again just one persons opinion, in this instance Bartels, which is a very different thing to something being EU policy.

Of course while we were a member we could veto any attempt to create an EU army. Brexit means we no longer have that veto.
You was saying?

martcov

martcov

So you can't read now. What a surprise. Especially as Germany are in on it.

In on what?

From your post:

„BRUSSELS (Reuters) - European Union leaders launched their the most ambitious defense plan for decades on Thursday, agreeing a multi-billion-euro weapons fund, shared financing for battlegroups and allowing a coalition of the willing to conduct more missions abroad.“

Where is the army?

Astute

I was saying what you have posted, now including a second set of links, doesn't show the imminent creation of an EU army. They either reference an individuals opinion or a voluntary defence force.

So not an EU army then.
Mart says no plans. I said there was. He said show him. So I did. He carries on with his bullshit and you jump in to defend him.

That is the whole story of this thread. Attack everything about Brexit and defend the EU however much the truth has to be twisted.

Astute

In on what?

From your post:

„BRUSSELS (Reuters) - European Union leaders launched their the most ambitious defense plan for decades on Thursday, agreeing a multi-billion-euro weapons fund, shared financing for battlegroups and allowing a coalition of the willing to conduct more missions abroad.“

Where is the army?
You said no plans. How about the link under that one with Juncker saying about the plans.

Oh yeah lets pretend you said something different.

clint van damme

Oh yes there is.

And even more so if tariffs are going to be charged.

They are watching thousands in the UK. There are more dangerous places in the EU than here.

we'll see, for a 'Labour man' you unwavering faith in the tory government is peculiar to say the least.
And what more dangerous places in the EU than the UK has got to do with it is anyones guess.

SIR ERNIE

Says you who can’t know that it will be fine because we have not left yet. Yes the present government is weak, disorganised and lacking in a common policy for Brexit, and I can be therefore be justified in saying that, up until now Brexit is a cock up.

How’s dear old Auntie Merkel today, Mart?

The British press is full of very unflattering head-in-hands photos of your glum looking leader. Seems as though no one loves her any more…they're saying 54% don’t even want her to stand in a snap election to try to resolve the political crisis in your adopted homeland.

But then when you look at the mess she’s created for Germany and Europe, you can understand why even her most loyal supporters are saying it’s high time she paid the price herself.

clint van damme

The British press is full of very unflattering head-in-hands photos of your glum looking leader. Seems as though no one loves her any more…they're saying 54% don’t even want her to stand in a snap election to try to resolve the political crisis in your adopted homeland.

But then when you look at the mess she’s created for Germany and Europe, you can understand why even her most loyal supporters are saying it’s high time she paid the price herself.

she's made such a mess of Germany that of the G7 countries their predicted growth is the highest, guess who's the lowest is?

martcov

You said no plans. How about the link under that one with Juncker saying about the plans.

Oh yeah lets pretend you said something different.

„Mr Juncker told German news sit Salzburg.com: “A European army is not a project for the near future. It is, however, a project that would give additional weight to the European foreign and security policy. Even though the road may still be long, we could already focus our strengths better.

“That is precisely why the Commission has proposed a European Defence Fund“

Exactly what I said. not in my lifetime and a proposal for a European Defence Fund.

martcov

The British Presse being an Australian billionaire with American citizenship.

We will see. I still don’t think there will be an election.

Her most loyal supporter being me - ask Grendell....

Grendel

The British Presse being an Australian billionaire with American citizenship.

We will see. I still don’t think there will be an erection we will see

Her most loyal supporter being me - ask Grendell....

I’m sure if Angela is in the room that’s another one of your untruths

Astute

we'll see, for a 'Labour man' you unwavering faith in the tory government is peculiar to say the least.
And what more dangerous places in the EU than the UK has got to do with it is anyones guess.
Are you another one that misses half of the posts on here?

Astute

„Mr Juncker told German news sit Salzburg.com: “A European army is not a project for the near future. It is, however, a project that would give additional weight to the European foreign and security policy. Even though the road may still be long, we could already focus our strengths better.

“That is precisely why the Commission has proposed a European Defence Fund“

Exactly what I said. not in my lifetime and a proposal for a European Defence Fund.
Utter crap as usual. You said that there were no plans. Do you want me to keep quoting you where yoy said it and then fill up pages on here with quotes about the plans. What about the one where Juncker admitted the plans?

Not only do you not admit when you are wrong. You keep digging a hole. Don't worry. You won't need German citizenship. If you keep digging at this rate you will be in Australia soon.

clint van damme

Are you another one that misses half of the posts on here?

I don't read every post, but enough to know you claim to be a Labour man but spend all your time attacking them and deflecting from the tories.
You not going to answer my question then?
I'll have a go at guessing what you were on about, it doesn't matter if vital public services in the UK aren't properly funded as long as there's somewhere worse in the EU.

martcov

Utter crap as usual. You said that there were no plans. Do you want me to keep quoting you where yoy said it and then fill up pages on here with quotes about the plans. What about the one where Juncker admitted the plans?

Not only do you not admit when you are wrong. You keep digging a hole. Don't worry. You won't need German citizenship. If you keep digging at this rate you will be in Australia soon.

There are no plans for a European army.

martcov

At this moment in time there are plans for a European Defence Force. There maybe a European army at some undetermined future date. But that is a long way down the road and may never happen. You read the headlines from right wing sites and believe them. If you read the small print it doesn’t match up with the provocative headline.

You claim that there are plans. Ok. When? Where will it be based? Who will command it? Will it be a conscription army? Will it replace NATO? Will it be voluntary for the EU countries?
You can’t tell me because it doesn’t exist- except in right wing sites. Which tells you all you need to know.

I would be for an EU Army, so would not be denying it on here, but praising the plans.

Astute

I don't read every post, but enough to know you claim to be a Labour man but spend all your time attacking them and deflecting from the tories.
You not going to answer my question then?
I'll have a go at guessing what you were on about, it doesn't matter if vital public services in the UK aren't properly funded as long as there's somewhere worse in the EU.
Deflecting from the Tories?

How about backing up what you say? Have had enough of this backing up the Tories bullshit. I constantly have a go at both of them. None of them are fit for the job.

This thread has turned into a proper shitfest. The EU must be defended at all cost. What a joke.

It was mentioned how we don't police terrorists properly. We have thousands under surveillance. The whole thing is a joke. But if you mention the human rights that they hide behind you are a racist or something similar. I mentioned how it is safer here than many other EU countries. This is rhe truth and you know it. So look at what response I got.

Astute

There are no plans for a European army.
I am going to ignore you from now. Showed you lots of proof. Even showed you where Juncker admitted to it. You admitted most EU countries are going into it. Then you say there are no plans.

This thread should be renamed to something like Come out with bullshit thread.

Astute

You read the headlines from right wing sites and believe them. If you read the small print it doesn’t match up with the provocative headlines.
Right wing sites? OMG look at them all. List them all and say it again.

martcov

I am going to ignore you from now. Showed you lots of proof. Even showed you where Juncker admitted to it. You admitted most EU countries are going into it. Then you say there are no plans.

This thread should be renamed to something like Come out with bullshit thread.

Going into what? A Defence Union. Each country has it’s own army, but pools some resources such as training and takes part in joint peacekeeping missions.

An army is Unified with a Commander in Chief. As long as the armies belong to their national states, there is no EU army.

clint van damme

Deflecting from the Tories?

How about backing up what you say? Have had enough of this backing up the Tories bullshit. I constantly have a go at both of them. None of them are fit for the job.

This thread has turned into a proper shitfest. The EU must be defended at all cost. What a joke.

It was mentioned how we don't police terrorists properly. We have thousands under surveillance. The whole thing is a joke. But if you mention the human rights that they hide behind you are a racist or something similar. I mentioned how it is safer here than many other EU countries. This is rhe truth and you know it. So look at what response I got.

you don't constantly have a go at the both of them. Just reading through the Corbyn thread. A couple of both as bad as each other comments and and I don't trust May she's a remainer but lots of specific attacks on Labour politicians.
The only Labour politician you said anything positive about was Blair.
When I get chance I'll look through this thread and I'll bet it's the same.

Been nothing but bad news for the economy this week and I haven't seen one post from you, (there may be one I have seen it), asking a single question of Hammond or of the spiralling cost of Brexit.
If you support them just come out with it.

The comments about the police were made to highlight the fact we don't fund vital public services correctly, so why do you and others think we'll fund adequate border control?

Users who are viewing this thread