The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (12 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clint van damme

Yes I do I just am pointing out a no deal WTO is much more likely after last nights vote. It’s obvious

why is it? Just because some tory MPs wanted a vote on the final deal doesn't mean they will vote against it, I'm fairly sure they won't.
After all, David Davis assured them they would be consulted, they obviously didn't believe the proven liar, I wonder why?!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Morons like this who physically hate democracy?

This is what I expect this 'rebel' vote is all about.

However, as some on here aren't having it, I'm willing to fold my cards on this one and say we'll see what happens. Maybe it can be a good thing, but it does feel a bit Gina Miller. It was pretty clear that her intentions were to halt and reverse Brexit.

People can laugh and say 'hahaha it's democracy, you lost get over it' to try and make themselves feel better about the fact they lost the referendum, but let's face it; if this ends up stopping Brexit, I don't care which side of the fence you are on. This would be the death of democracy, and there is nothing funny about that.

fernandopartridge

However, as some on here aren't having it, I'm willing to fold my cards on this one and say we'll see what happens. Maybe it can be a good thing, but it does feel a bit Gina Miller. It was pretty clear that her intentions were to halt and reverse Brexit.

People can laugh and say 'hahaha it's democracy, you lost get over it' to try and make themselves feel better about the fact they lost the referendum, but let's face it; if this ends up stopping Brexit, I don't care which side of the fence you are on. This would be the death of democracy, and there is nothing funny about that.

The reality is that part of the Brexit campaign was about restoring the sovereignty of parliament. The unamended bill removed it. I'm glad it was defeated and hope it paves the way for a consensus Brexit rather than one to appease the Yurp haters in the Tory party.

clint van damme

it is democracy, and if you can't understand it then you don't understand Parliamentary sovereignty which was supposed to be one of the big issues of the referendum.
I doubt this will stop Brexit.

NorthernWisdom

It's the death of democracy to refuse to allow the democratically elected parliament a say on it.

martcov

You mean by yourself?

You do many each day. Then get backed up on it. Now we have someone who would prefer a hard Brexit.

Time to leave you lot to bullshit between yourselves. It is a total waste of tume trying to have a debate with those who don't want one.

So you cannot answer my question then. Ok.

clint van damme

i can't believe this democratic vote has got people so worked up yet David Davis deceiving the country and parliament over the Brexit impact reports received minimal scrutiny.
Perhaps if the Brexit minister wasn't a proven liar the rebel MPs might not have felt the need to push this vote.

martcov

We will be leaving on March 29th 2019. Leave won the referendum. We will be leaving.

If I’m wrong then you think brexit was huge then you ain’t seen anything if we are stopped from leaving.

If our parliament can no longer rule, then you ain’t seen nothing yet.

martcov

No it wouldn’t. The death of democracy would be when our parliament cannot make it’s decisions on whether or not to leave the EU. Our sovereign parliament is boss - not the potato pickers in Boston or the postal workers in Chatham. It is not mob rule.

Kingokings204

If a democratically elected parliament in a country ruled by parliamentary democracy defeats Brexit then that’s it. It’s democracy, get over it.[/QUOTE

Ignore his words then. No comment on his tweet? He hates leave winning doesn’t he? He thinks all leavers are stupid and thick. Come on just admit it and I would respect you for once.

SIR ERNIE

17,4 Million voted without knowing the outcome. One possible outcome is a hard Brexit. That is their responsibility. It is not a question of being happy or not, they have to take responsibility for their action.

You must hate the fact that the people ultimately responsible for the Leave vote are your very own Junckers and Tusk.

The two bumbling fools who cut the EU’s nose off to spite its’ face.

Sweet.

clint van damme

"Ignore his words then. No comment on his tweet? He hates leave winning doesn’t he? He thinks all leavers are stupid and thick. Come on just admit it and I would respect you for once."

and by disagreeing with last nights vote you are showing as much disregard for democracy as he is.

Grendel

Glad to hear it.

tbh I can see no circumstance where having any deals passed by parliament (the thing we were told was a reason to leave the EU, to maintain the sovereignty of it!) is a bad thing.

Plus it'll be such a great deal that it'll be passed without issue... won't it? I fail to see the problem.

I don’t disagree with the sovereignty argument but let’s be honest even if it was the best deal in the world Corbyn will reject it out of a far more relevant political strategy for him. Ken Clarke, the absurd Soubry and the embittered Morgan will reject purely out of self interest.

clint van damme

I don’t disagree with the sovereignty argument but let’s be honest even if it was the best deal in the world Corbyn will reject it out of a far more relevant political strategy for him. Ken Clarke, the absurd Soubry and the embittered Morgan will reject purely out of self interest.

we will know when the deal goes to the vote and will be able to hold MPs to account.
I think there might be some surprises as to who votes with the government.
Don't think many will want to be seen as forcing a hard Brexit if there was a more conciliatory deal on the table.

Grendel

You mean they upheld the rules?

I’m surprised you defend Tusk. He’s a revolting individual reviled in his native country.

Then again I guess I’m not surprised at all

Grendel

So if the country changes it’s mind, and parliament exits Brexit, you will willingly accept the result?

Well they won’t happen as the leader of the opposition wants a harder brexit than currently on offer

Grendel

Being reviled by supporters of the present right wing government in Poland is a plus.

Well that’s bollocks isn’t it? He raped and pillaged the polish workers pension scheme didn’t he?

Tusk also supports the Hungarian regime - sometimes I’m sure you are on the wind up.

Kingokings204

"Ignore his words then. No comment on his tweet? He hates leave winning doesn’t he? He thinks all leavers are stupid and thick. Come on just admit it and I would respect you for once."

and by disagreeing with last nights vote you are showing as much disregard for democracy as he is.

I accept the result though. He doesn’t.

So last nights vote wasn’t about stopping or delaying brexit?

clint van damme

I accept the result though. He doesn’t.

So last nights vote wasn’t about stopping or delaying brexit?

Individual ministers introducing or amending legislation or acts of parliament is a very slippery slope. Extreme and far fetched example but imagine if a minister with a liking for juveniles decided to lower the age of consent without consulting Parliament?
More realistic, plenty on here hate McDonnell, Abbott etc. Imagine if they were in government and attempted to by pass Parliament trying to get through some legislation? There would, quite rightly be uproar.

Of course there will be some who think this is a stepping stone to halting Breixt, but like you, they are missing the bigger picture quite spectacularly.

NorthernWisdom

And as was shown last night, some Labour Mps would vote for the right deal.

What's Ken Clarke's self interest then? He's hardly going to advance himself.

Sick Boy

We will be leaving on March 29th 2019. Leave won the referendum. We will be leaving.

If I’m wrong then you think brexit was huge then you ain’t seen anything if we are stopped from leaving.

Like what? Would this be along the lines of people bearing arms comment that Farage made?

Users who are viewing this thread