The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (57 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martcov

I don't know how you could be happy with a hard Brexit in any way. Maybe pissed off with both.

And this is why I don't trust politicians from any party. They are all as bad as each other.

They are not as bad as each other as they have just proven in voting for the authority of the sovereign parliament as opposed to Davis and co in May’s cabinet. You do love sweeping and unsubstantiated statements.

martcov

I don't know how you could be happy with a hard Brexit in any way. Maybe pissed off with both.

And this is why I don't trust politicians from any party. They are all as bad as each other.

17,4 Million voted without knowing the outcome. One possible outcome is a hard Brexit. That is their responsibility. It is not a question of being happy or not, they have to take responsibility for their action. If it’s bad they will have to take the blame from the majority of the country who either didn’t vote or voted remain. The non voters take some of the blame of course. At least with politicians you can vote them out if they make a mistake.

Astute

I didn't say I was happy. But I would except it to maintain the integrity of Parliament. I can't believe you'd rather leave it all to the whim of someone who has been proven to have lied to and mislead the people of the country.
Just about all of them lied and misled us.

They will only get the deal the EU will allow. So where will sticking the middle finger up at them get us?

Astute

What vote are you on about? They would be in the second chamber. They won’t have a veto if the second chamber is majority VOTING.
Why do you have to play at being thick to try and point score?

Astute

They are not as bad as each other as they have just proven in voting for the authority of the sovereign parliament as opposed to Davis and co in May’s cabinet. You do love sweeping and unsubstantiated statements.
Ah. So all is well and truthful in the EU.

You learn something new every day.

Astute

The same Daily Mail that the day before talked about online abuse suffered by Tory MP's... and less than 24 hours later...
So in the 3 latest on the subject they have defended the Tories, done a decent piece on the vote yesterday and now the front page that I don't have a clue about. If anything it is showing balance from them for once.

clint van damme

Just about all of them lied and misled us.

They will only get the deal the EU will allow. So where will sticking the middle finger up at them get us?

and if that's the case, that makes protecting parliament all the more important.
Can you give me a recent example of any MP so blatantly lying to the public and to Parliament as David Davis over the Brexit impact reports?

martcov

Why do you have to play at being thick to try and point score?

Will you finally tell us who "they" are and whose vote is being lost? I am not trying to score points, I am just asking you what you are on about. Are you playing at being thick? Or can't you just answer the question?

skybluetony176

So in the 3 latest on the subject they have defended the Tories, done a decent piece on the vote yesterday and now the front page that I don't have a clue about. If anything it is showing balance from them for once.

One day complaining about them being abused, the next day abusing them by labelling them traitors? You have a warped view of balanced.

Plus they have a warped view of traitor. Surely the only traitors were the ones who voted for dictatorship not against?

Why do I get the impression that after spending the last umpteen pages arguing against dictatorship you’re going to spend the next umpteen pages trying to justify it?

martcov

One day complaining about them being abused, the next day abusing them by labelling them traitors? You have a warped view of balanced.

Plus they have a warped view of traitor. Surely the only traitors were the ones who voted for dictatorship?

Why do I get the impression that after spending the last umpteen pages arguing against dictatorship you’re going to spend the umpteen pages trying to justify it?

That is exactly it. If it has the word EU in front of it, it is a dictatorship. If the Express, Mail, Telegraph or Sun report something it is unbiased reporting. If May's cabinet make a deal we have to accept it. Not to do so would mean a hard Brexit and no one voted for that..... that would be a disaster..

Grendel

17,4 Million voted without knowing the outcome. One possible outcome is a hard Brexit. That is their responsibility. It is not a question of being happy or not, they have to take responsibility for their action. If it’s bad they will have to take the blame from the majority of the country who either didn’t vote or voted remain. The non voters take some of the blame of course. At least with politicians you can vote them out if they make a mistake.

Everyone who voted didn’t know the outcome - that the federalist Europe want to weaken national democracies in persuit of an ideal that will benefit the few and ignore the many.

clint van damme

That is exactly it. If it has the word EU in front of it, it is a dictatorship. If the Express, Mail, Telegraph or Sun report something it is unbiased reporting. If May's cabinet make a deal we have to accept it. Not to do so would mean a hard Brexit and no one voted for that..... that would be a disaster..

from the Sun, June 2016:

"BRITAIN’S greatest export, our chief contribution to human happiness, is parliamentary democracy.

Our ancestors hit on the idea that instead of making up the rules as they went along, the people in charge should follow rules set by the nation at large.
British history is the story of how we gradually took power away from the elites.

As power spreads, the people in charge find it harder to rig the rules. The country as a whole becomes freer, fairer and richer.

Countries around the world have flourished by copying the British model."

Don't know what it's said about the veto vote but I bet it contradicts all of the above.

martcov

Everyone who voted didn’t know the outcome - that the federalist Europe want to weaken national democracies in persuit of an ideal that will benefit the few and ignore the many.

What ideal is that? Peace in Europe?

Which ideal was that? The abolishment of the death penalty? Peace in Europe? Human rights charter? ECJ? Anti discrimination laws? Workers’ rights, including guaranteed paid holidays and maximum hours? Guaranteeing these rights for gig jobs? New laws for offshore accounts? Press freedom? The right to work everywhere in the EU? The Erasmus student program? The infrastructure programs to bring, in particular, the East up to modern day needs? Oh... and where are the elite public schoolboys and “the few” in the cabinet? You will get that.... and which country led by “the few” is leaving the not federalist EU on this bs pretence which you are supporting with your Sun cliché

Kingokings204

Sounds like the Tory government trying to bypass parliament. Fortunately they have some heroes of democracy and British parliamentary sovereignty in their ranks.

Yes and ironically made a no deal and WTO terms much more likely now. Hard brexit I believe that’s called to many. Real heroes indeed.

skybluetony176

Yes and ironically made a no deal and WTO terms much more likely now. Hard brexit I believe that’s called to many. Real heroes indeed.

Then the government need to deliver a brexit deal that can be democratically voted through parliament by our democratically elected MP’s. That’s democracy and more importantly the democracy of our country.

Are we really going from a brexit mess being the fault of those who didn’t vote for it to the fault of our historical sovereignty that apparently the brexit vote was going to preserve?

Them pass the buck dominos are really starting to line up now.

Kingokings204

Why should people like Davis be able to bypass parliament? Do you not agree with the democratic process in our country?

Yes I do I just am pointing out a no deal WTO is much more likely after last nights vote. It’s obvious

Kingokings204

Then the government need to deliver a brexit deal that can be democratically voted through parliament by our democratically elected MP’s. That’s democracy and more importantly the democracy of our country.

Are we really going from a brexit mess being the fault of those who didn’t vote for it to the fault of our historical sovereignty that apparently the brexit vote was going to preserve?

Them pass the buck dominos are really starting to line up now.[/QUOTE

No I agree with last nights vote and a lot of hard line brexiteers were also. That’s the problem as a no deal WTO terms looks more than ever now.

Let’s hope we get a good deal to stop that happening but the remainer mps haven’t really thought it through. Yes block and delay the deal but then we crash out and everyone suffers. Be careful what you wish for unless they want a no deal of course?

Kingokings204

Then the government better get its act together and stop wasting time misleading parliament.

Well exactly. I want a great deal also but no doubts last nights vote puts a no deal much closer. As I said to Tony, its remain mps who have achieved this. Only hard brexiteers want a no deal so it makes no sense in a way.

Although yes I agree with the result last night to show democracy but rather it was passed so we had more time to get a good deal and not crash out.

skybluetony176

I doubt it makes a no deal WTO scenario anymore likely than it was before, that’s just scaremongering from those who have lost sight of large parts of their reasoning for voting leave. What it does do is ensure that the government are held to task. Unfortunate news for Davis but good news for our sovereignty.

Nobody but nobody should be promoting brexit at any cost whether that be leaving with no deal or leaving with the democracy process we value in tatters.

Kingokings204

I doubt it makes a no deal WTO scenario anymore likely than it was before, that’s just scaremongering from those who have lost sight of large parts of their reasoning for voting leave. What it does do is ensure that the government are held to task. Unfortunate news for Davis but good news for our sovereignty.

Nobody but nobody should be promoting brexit at any cost whether that be leaving with no deal or leaving with the democracy process we value in tatters.

Of course it does. The time to negotiate a trade deal has just been halved. It’s almost impossible to get a good deal in that time so that means come March 29th 2019 we will have to crash out with no deal because nothing will be agreed.

Only “hard” brexiteers want this. You’re playing their tune. I’m not sure remain mps thought it through. Unless their intention is to stop brexit happening altogether? Some would say yes.

dutchman

What ideal is that? Peace in Europe?

Peace in europe?

It was pro-EU supporters who overthrew the elected government of the Ukraine and started a war of ethnic cleansing in the east of that country.

ukraine-protests-2.jpg

And as for the death penalty, it should not only be reintroduced immediately but also extended to all child rapists and sex traffickers.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Of course it does. The time to negotiate a trade deal has just been halved. It’s almost impossible to get a good deal in that time so that means come March 29th 2019 we will have to crash out with no deal because nothing will be agreed.

Only “hard” brexiteers want this. You’re playing their tune. I’m not sure remain mps thought it through. Unless their intention is to stop brexit happening altogether? Some would say yes.

The March the 29th leave date is yet to be voted on and passed. It’s far from set in stone. It’s been described as a gimmick by many including Tory back benchers and looks set to be another humiliation for the government when voted on. Yet again another humiliation that could be avoided if people like Davis and the PM had have taken a sensible approach to brexit that centred around our democratic process instead of trying to steamroller it in a display of dick waving.

They really couldn’t have gone about brexit any worse than they have chosen to. It started with the disastrous decision to call a general election and has gotten worse since then.

Kingokings204

The March the 29th leave date is yet to be voted on and passed. It’s far from set in stone. It’s been described as a gimmick by many including Tory back benchers and looks set to be another humiliation for the government when voted on. Yet again another humiliation that could be avoided if people like Davis and the PM had have taken a sensible approach to brexit that centred around our democratic process instead of trying to steamroller it in a display of dick waving.

They really couldn’t have gone about brexit any worse than they have chosen to. It started with the disastrous decision to call a general election and has gotten worse since then.

We will be leaving on March 29th 2019. Leave won the referendum. We will be leaving.

If I’m wrong then you think brexit was huge then you ain’t seen anything if we are stopped from leaving.

Astute

Another sweeping unsubstantiated post. Same every day.
You mean by yourself?

You do many each day. Then get backed up on it. Now we have someone who would prefer a hard Brexit.

Time to leave you lot to bullshit between yourselves. It is a total waste of tume trying to have a debate with those who don't want one.

NorthernWisdom

I can confirm this leave voter is more than happy.......
Glad to hear it.

tbh I can see no circumstance where having any deals passed by parliament (the thing we were told was a reason to leave the EU, to maintain the sovereignty of it!) is a bad thing.

Plus it'll be such a great deal that it'll be passed without issue... won't it? I fail to see the problem.

skybluetony176

We will be leaving on March 29th 2019. Leave won the referendum. We will be leaving.

If I’m wrong then you think brexit was huge then you ain’t seen anything if we are stopped from leaving.

It’s not law. We will be leaving but it doesn’t have to be that exact date and shouldn’t be if the deal is wrong. The date is another ill advised decision that the government have taken. Read this link Tory rebels warn May not to attempt to enshrine Brexit date in law

skybluetony176

You mean by yourself?

You do many each day. Then get backed up on it. Now we have someone who would prefer a hard Brexit.

Time to leave you lot to bullshit between yourselves. It is a total waste of tume trying to have a debate with those who don't want one.

Like your sweeping statements about the EU becoming a dictatorship and now you’re backing yourself up with trying to justify a dictatorship on brexit. There will be no hard brexit to the new definition you’ve invented of hard brexit so long as the government changes direction and honours the very institutions it’s supposed to.

Kingokings204

Glad to hear it.

tbh I can see no circumstance where having any deals passed by parliament (the thing we were told was a reason to leave the EU, to maintain the sovereignty of it!) is a bad thing.

Plus it'll be such a great deal that it'll be passed without issue... won't it? I fail to see the problem.

Morons like this who physically hate democracy?

Users who are viewing this thread