The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (8 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SkyblueBazza

I didn’t single the UK out. I said that the Brexiteers wouldn’t like being sanctioned and you said „sanction them“. The countries include the UK. Their argument is that the full effects of diesel were not known. One reason being that the car manufacturers manipulated tests. Seems like a good point.

So...which part of your response was not specific to the UK???

So you want the EU to sanction the UK. Despite the argument that diesel has now been proved to make the targets not possible ( according to the UK )?

Denial, contradiction & accommodation of rule breakers are 3 seriously wrong traits which ypu have that make it completely understandable why your viewpoints are always one-dimensional & explains why you are so entrenched in the remain mindset.

I am not going to bother trying to debate with you on this or any other issue because I have much better things to do.

Someone previously highlighted the blocking you is the way to deal with you...I am beginning to agree with them.

As for a second referendum - were there one you have done much good work with the EU itself to convince me the EU is not actually the best way forward at all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

martcov

So...which part of your response was not specific to the UK???

Denial, contradiction & accommodation of rule breakers are 3 seriously wrong traits which ypu have that make it completely understandable why your viewpoints are always one-dimensional & explains why you are so entrenched in the remain mindset.

I am not going to bother trying to debate with you on this or any other issue because I have much better things to do.

Someone previously highlighted the blocking you is the way to deal with you...I am beginning to agree with them.

As for a second referendum - were there one you have done much good work with the EU itself to convince me the EU is not actually the best way forward at all.

No, nothing about the appeal by 11 countries was specific to the UK..

What was somewhat interesting, is how you turn the EU listening to the arguments of the 11, including the UK, now proves how bad the EU is. You even want them sanctioned, including the UK. A bit contradictory of leavers who claim the EU mixes too much into country‘s affairs and doesn’t iisten to people.

I just said I would like the EU to listen to the argument which seems on the face of it to have basis.

Now you are on a rant about nothing as usual and threatening to block me.

Weird guy.

SkyblueBazza

What was somewhat interesting, is how you turn the EU listening to the arguments of the 11, including the UK, now proves how bad the EU is. You even want them sanctioned, including the UK. A bit contradictory of leavers who claim the EU mixes too much into country‘s affairs and doesn’t iisten to people.

I just said I would like the EU to listen to the argument which seems on the face of it to have basis.

Weird guy.
See? Denial again. I made no specific reference to the UK. YOU DID...but now you are trying to deny & deflect that fact.

But yeah...it is me that's weird for sure. Thank God for that...I would hate to be as normal as you.

Astute

Weird guy.

"Dieselgate" - a timeline of Germany's car emissions fraud scandal

Start at the bottom. Work your way up. It was outlawed by the EU in 2007.

The EU introduces new rules for carmakers that prohibit so-called “defeat devices” – software that manipulate exhaust emissions depending on whether the car runs on a test stand or on the road.

And then in 2011

The European Commission’s Joint Research Centre finds that the levels of harmful nitrogen dioxide (NOx) emissions exceed the EU levels by up to 14 times in different car models while testing exhaust emissions under gas under real road operating conditions.

So guess what they did? Yes absolutely nothing. And it was never mentioned. So how many millions of cars were spewing out pollutants of up to 14 times until the subject came to light in 2014.

Yet it is the UK that wants it swept under the carpet?

A study conducted by the International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) reveals excessive emission volumes in several VW cars sold in the US.

SkyblueBazza

The EU introduces new rules for carmakers that prohibit so-called “defeat devices” – software that manipulate exhaust emissions depending on whether the car runs on a test stand or on the road.

And then in 2011

The European Commission’s Joint Research Centre finds that the levels of harmful nitrogen dioxide (NOx) emissions exceed the EU levels by up to 14 times in different car models while testing exhaust emissions under gas under real road operating conditions.

So guess what they did? Yes absolutely nothing. And it was never mentioned. So how many millions of cars were spewing out pollutants of up to 14 times until the subject came to light in 2014.

A study conducted by the International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) reveals excessive emission volumes in several VW cars sold in the US.
I kinda rest my case.

Over to you Mart

martcov

And then in 2011

That’s news about the UK sweeping it under the carpet. Who claimed that?

martcov

I kinda rest my case.

Over to you Mart

That is why we should now listen to the arguments about targets. The emission pollution is already higher than thought, which makes it harder to reach the lower targets in the original time frame.

But some will still complain about the EU interfering by setting the EU targets in the first place.

If nothing was done in the past, then we should be calling on the EU to enforce regulations, not moaning about so called sovereignty and EU regulations ... as leavers constantly do. Farage claims EU regulations make us less competitive.

Who has said anything about the UK sweeping things under the carpet?

Astute

That is why we should now listen to the arguments about targets. The emission pollution is already higher than thought, which makes it harder to reach the lower targets in the original time frame.

But some will still complain about the EU interfering by setting the EU targets in the first place.

If nothing was done in the past, then we should be calling on the EU to enforce regulations, not moaning about so called sovereignty and EU regulations ... as leavers constantly do. Farage claims EU regulations make us less competitive.

Who has said anything about the UK sweeping things under the carpet?
Why can't you just be unbiased and truthful for once Mart?

VW started to cheat emissions in 2004. Bosch found out that they had changed their products. They warned them that it is illegal. In 2007 the EU said it was illegal and shouldn't happen.

Then in 2011 the The European Commission’s Joint Research Centre found that emissions were up to 14 times that were allowed. But nothing happened.

So 7 years into it nothing happened. And nothing happened until America found out 13 years later. So of course the Germans and EU want it swept under the carpet. Just like other things like Selmayr. Yet you constantly praise them.

So why are targets not being met? Other than millions of cars made in Germany and other countries by German companies. Yes many millions of cars.

Then you have to mention Farage somehow.

The emissions kill people. They harm fit children. But oh no. Let's bring Farage into it.

If America hadn't found out it would still be happening now. And people would be wondering why emission targets are not being met and not having a clue.

Then you have the nerve to say that the EU doesn't favour the Germans.

You couldn't make it up.

martcov

Why can't you just be unbiased and truthful for once Mart?

VW started to cheat emissions in 2004. Bosch found out that they had changed their products. They warned them that it is illegal. In 2007 the EU said it was illegal and shouldn't happen.

Then in 2011 the The European Commission’s Joint Research Centre found that emissions were up to 14 times that were allowed. But nothing happened.

So 7 years into it nothing happened. And nothing happened until America found out 13 years later. So of course the Germans and EU want it swept under the carpet. Just like other things like Selmayr. Yet you constantly praise them.

So why are targets not being met? Other than millions of cars made in Germany and other countries by German companies. Yes many millions of cars.

Then you have to mention Farage somehow.

The emissions kill people. They harm fit children. But oh no. Let's bring Farage into it.

If America hadn't found out it would still be happening now. And people would be wondering why emission targets are not being met and not having a clue.

Then you have the nerve to say that the EU doesn't favour the Germans.

You couldn't make it up.

Where I have I been untruthful? The targets were based on false facts and are now difficult or impossible to reach in the shorter term. I said, probably, because of Dieselgate. The 11 countries may have an argument in their appeal and should be listened to.

Bazza says they should all be sanctioned, including the UK, without being listened to. That would bring the sovereignty, red tape, interference arguments out to play from leavers.

What is untruthful there? In other words you are making things up again.

I think Dieselgate is a major scandal. Big question is who knew what was happening? Why didn’t anything happen? And yes, I think it is good that the US found it out.

If we get the US trade deal based on Trump‘s no subsidies, no tariffs and no regulatory rules, how will we enforce emission rules on US car imports?

Trump is already going after states with strict emission controls, such as California, as it ends up meaning that all cars in the US are produced to the emmission controls of the major markets, such as California. Apparently this is costly and makes the cars less competitive.

In the deregulated future per Trump, Bannon and the Faragists, Dieselgate will be peanuts.

Astute

Where I have I been untruthful? The targets were based on false facts and are now difficult or impossible to reach in the shorter term. I said, probably, because of Dieselgate. The 11 countries may have an argument in their appeal and should be listened to.

Bazza says they should all be sanctioned, including the UK, without being listened to. That would bring the sovereignty, red tape, interference arguments out to play from leavers.

What is untruthful there? In other words you are making things up again.

I think Dieselgate is a major scandal. Big question is who knew what was happening? Why didn’t anything happen? And yes, I think it is good that the US found it out.

If we get the US trade deal based on Trump‘s no subsidies, no tariffs and no regulatory rules, how will we enforce emission rules on US car imports?

Trump is already going after states with strict emission controls, such as California, as it ends up meaning that all cars in the US are produced to the emmission controls of the major markets, such as California. Apparently this is costly and makes the cars less competitive.

In the deregulated future per Trump, Bannon and the Faragists, Dieselgate will be peanuts.
The big question is why didn't the EU do anything as they knew not long after it started. They knew 11 years ago but did nothing.

But of course we are not allowed to question the EU.

And the EU won't do anything as it would show their bias to Germany and yet again show that they don't follow their own rules when it suits.

martcov

The big question is why didn't the EU do anything as they knew not long after it started. They knew 11 years ago but did nothing.

And the EU won't do anything as it would show their bias to Germany and yet again show that they don't follow their own rules when it suits.

We don’t know what happened. Or why nothing apparently did.
Who is not allowed to question the EU? The EU has a parliament. The EU will do something. No way can they avoid it. Germany has more influence than most as it has 80million of the 500 million and ca 90 MEPs. We also had influence 11 years ago with over 70 MEPs and 65 million population.

What did our MEPs say on the matter 11 years ago, and why didn’t our gravy trainer in chief bring this up earlier?

martcov

Dieselgate: EU-Kommission ermahnt Deutschland wegen des VW-Skandals - Politik - Tagesspiegel

I assume you can google translate.

Funnily enough GB is also in the firing line.

Astute

We don’t know what happened. Or why nothing apparently did.
Who is not allowed to question the EU? The EU has a parliament. The EU will do something. No way can they avoid it. Germany has more influence than most as it has 80million of the 500 million and ca 90 MEPs. We also had influence 11 years ago with over 70 MEPs and 65 million population.

What did our MEPs say on the matter 11 years ago, and why didn’t our gravy trainer in chief bring this up earlier?
The EU has known for at least 11 years. So why has nothing happened?

Can question the EU? The vast majority of those in the EU questioned the EU on the appointment of Selmayr. All they got was it won't happen again. Sorry but it is nowhere near good enough. And you know it also. They don't have to listen to anyone. And they won't. The top job.......a job for life......has got someone who wasn't even in a position to get it. So shall we take our complaint to Selmayr to ask him to look I to how he got his position? Just like when we had to ask Juncker to look into how he created tax dodges that has cost the UK billions alone.

The whole thing is a con. You know it is.

Am looking forward to your positive spin. It normally gives me a laugh when I need one.

Astute

martcov

The EU has known for at least 11 years. So why has nothing happened?

Can question the EU? The vast majority of those in the EU questioned the EU on the appointment of Selmayr. All they got was it won't happen again. Sorry but it is nowhere near good enough. And you know it also. They don't have to listen to anyone. And they won't. The top job.......a job for life......has got someone who wasn't even in a position to get it. So shall we take our complaint to Selmayr to ask him to look I to how he got his position? Just like when we had to ask Juncker to look into how he created tax dodges that has cost the UK billions alone.

The whole thing is a con. You know it is.

Am looking forward to your positive spin. It normally gives me a laugh when I need one.

You deduce that the whole thing is a con because Selmayr got his job against the spirit of the law.

Juncker’s scams were legal. Not much comfort there. I have said enough times that the Eurozone, at the very least, needs a finance minister to stop countries under bidding each other. Brexit Britain will do just that now it’s out of the EU.

martcov

And what is wrong with that?

It needs to go to a court that is honest. That means not the EU court. The EU should have to stand as well and explain why they knew for many years why German car builders were falsifying test results and chose to do nothing.

It has to go to an EU enquiry/ court as all countries have to accept the court or enquiry. That means an EU court or enquiry. Only that way will any of the countries in my posted article, which includes the UK, be able to be sanctioned. To claim all EU courts or enquiries are dishonest without knowing any facts, or wondering why 700+ MEPs, the European Commissioners and the 28 countries in the Council accept EU decisions, is a conspiracy theory too far.

Astute

It has to go to an EU enquiry/ court as all countries have to accept the court or enquiry. That means an EU court or enquiry. Only that way will any of the countries in my posted article, which includes the UK, be able to be sanctioned. To claim all EU courts or enquiries are dishonest without knowing any facts, or wondering why 700+ MEPs, the European Commissioners and the 28 countries in the Council accept EU decisions, is a conspiracy theory too far.
The MEP's wanted Selmayr and the way he got his post looking into. It never happened.

They have to accept it. Selmayr is now in charge when it when him getting the position he got wasn't followed correctly from start to finish.

Or is he going to find it all wrong and resign? Of course he won't. The system is bent. The system is corrupt. And you can't disagree with it.

Just like dieselgate. The EU knew but did nothing. And still do nothing. They have known for 11 years. Just one word.

CORRUPT.

Astute

Not my words. The words of the EU enquiry. But, you say all EU courts and enquiries are dishonest.
And so are you if you disagree.

So what did they do other than say it is wrong? They have been saying it is wrong for 11 years. And still do nothing.

They are the law in the EU. Why have they done nothing?

Because they are honest?

martcov

The MEP's wanted Selmayr and the way he got his post looking into. It never happened.

They have to accept it. Selmayr is now in charge when it when him getting the position he got wasn't followed correctly from start to finish.

Or is he going to find it all wrong and resign? Of course he won't. The system is bent. The system is corrupt. And you can't disagree with it.

Just like dieselgate. The EU knew but did nothing. And still do nothing. They have known for 11 years. Just one word.

CORRUPT.

There was an enquiry. Selmayr‘s appointment was legal. But against the spirit of the law. The rules have been strengthened so that it cannot happen again. Juncker’s outfoxed everyone.

You say that they knew and did nothing about Dieselgate. I don’t claim to know how much they knew and what they actually did. I find it strange if that is so. Would like to know what happened. It does show that people are now taking an interest in what goes on. More so than in the past, which can only be good for the EU.

So, again, you can write corrupt in capitals, but you haven’t proved that the EU is totally corrupt. Juncker’s generation is coming to an end and people are taking a greater interest.

I am looking forward to the EU elections. Reckon there will be a higher turnout, which will in turn lead to higher standard of candidate in the future.

martcov

And so are you if you disagree.

So what did they do other than say it is wrong? They have been saying it is wrong for 11 years. And still do nothing.

They are the law in the EU. Why have they done nothing?

Because they are honest?

I thought we talking about Selmayr. He wasn’t appointed 11 years ago.

Astute

There was an enquiry. Selmayr‘s appointment was legal. But against the spirit of the law. The rules have been strengthened so that it cannot happen again. Juncker’s outfoxed everyone.

You say that they knew and did nothing about Dieselgate. I don’t claim to know how much they knew and what they actually did. I find it strange if that is so. Would like to know what happened. It does show that people are now taking an interest in what goes on. More so than in the past, which can only be good for the EU.

So, again, you can write corrupt in capitals, but you haven’t proved that the EU is totally corrupt. Juncker’s generation is coming to an end and people are taking a greater interest.

I am looking forward to the EU elections. Reckon there will be a higher turnout, which will in turn lead to higher standard of candidate in the future.
It was legal as they decide what is legal.

Spirit of the law is legal?

So rules and regulations are not law in the EU?

So why do we have to stick to the EU rules and regulations if they are not law?

And back to dieselgate.

So what didn't they k ow when they stated that cheat systems were illegal in 2007?

Yes stated they were illegal.

Let me guess. Only illegal in the spirit of the law.....

Astute

I thought we talking about Selmayr. He wasn’t appointed 11 years ago.
Talking bollocks again I see Mart.

So they have been ignoring rules and regulations.....laws.....for at least 11 years.

Top job EU. Well done. It makes me want us to stay in :shifty:

martcov

It was legal as they decide what is legal.

Spirit of the law is legal?

So rules and regulations are not law in the EU?

So why do we have to stick to the EU rules and regulations if they are not law?

And back to dieselgate.

So what didn't they k ow when they stated that cheat systems were illegal in 2007?

Yes stated they were illegal.

Let me guess. Only illegal in the spirit of the law.....

It is legal if that was the law. Which it was according to the enquiry. They quote the paragraphs and say whilst it is lega, it is not in the spirit of the law. A bit like BoJo‘s letter box and bank robber remarks. Legal, but not in the spirit of the law about inciting racism. Rules and regulations are law, which is why his appointment stands.

I don’t know what was said in 2007, and which cheat systems they were referring to. If they were illegal, then they were illegal. I don’t get your point. Selmayr‘s appointment was legal. He still has his job because of that. You do realise that the „spirit of the law“ is not the actual law. You cannot be prosecuted for breaking the spirit of the law, in the EU, or in the UK.

martcov

Talking bollocks again I see Mart.

So they have been ignoring rules and regulations.....laws.....for at least 11 years.

Top job EU. Well done. It makes me want us to stay in :shifty:

No. You keep swapping between Dieselgate, Selmayr and Juncker. I was just checking what you were referring to. The fact that they are going to apply sanctions is indeed a good point for staying in. The Moggs and Farage‘s want a deregulated U.K. after Brexit. We are better off in a regulated EU. Let’s hope they enforce the diesel emission controls. Fairly in respect of any plausible arguments about targets - if proven to be valid.

Astute

It is legal if that was the law. Which it was according to the enquiry. They quote the paragraphs and say whilst it is lega, it is not in the spirit of the law. A bit like BoJo‘s letter box and bank robber remarks. Legal, but not in the spirit of the law about inciting racism. Rules and regulations are law, which is why his appointment stands.

I don’t know what was said in 2007, and which cheat systems they were referring to. If they were illegal, then they were illegal. I don’t get your point. Selmayr‘s appointment was legal. He still has his job because of that. You do realise that the „spirit of the law“ is not the actual law. You cannot be prosecuted for breaking the spirit of the law, in the EU, or in the UK.
I showed you 2007. How can you say you don't know what happened in 2007?

Unless you are defending the EU as usual.

Astute

No. You keep swapping between Dieselgate, Selmayr and Juncker. I was just checking what you were referring to. The fact that they are going to apply sanctions is indeed a good point for staying in. The Moggs and Farage‘s want a deregulated U.K. after Brexit. We are better off in a regulated EU. Let’s hope they enforce the diesel emission controls. Fairly in respect of any plausible arguments about targets - if proven to be valid.
Come on Mart. You know that you are miles away from a decent defence of the EU as nobody has joined you in their defence. They don't try to defend the undefendable.

Dieselgate has been proven to be wrong.

Juncker has been proven to be wrong.

Selmayr has been proven to be wrong.

So let's mention Farage. That will take the heat off the situation.

Tell me when you have given up defending dieselgate, Selmayr and Juncker. I will then go onto the next EU wrongdoing. I have a list ready. Just like I said a few weeks ago.

martcov

Come on Mart. You know that you are miles away from a decent defence of the EU as nobody has joined you in their defence. They don't try to defend the undefendable.

Dieselgate has been proven to be wrong.

Juncker has been proven to be wrong.

Selmayr has been proven to be wrong.

So let's mention Farage. That will take the heat off the situation.

Tell me when you have given up defending dieselgate, Selmayr and Juncker. I will then go onto the next EU wrongdoing. I have a list ready. Just like I said a few weeks ago.

First of all I am not defending the EU.

I am pointing out where your „facts“ don’t agree with the reality.

Dieselgate is ongoing and there will be sanctions.

Juncker has acted legally. Albeit not in the spirit öfter law.

Selmayr‘s appointment has been proven to be correct. Albeit not in the spirit of the law.

What has the EU done that is illegal in these examples?

Let’s mention Farage indeed. He is the pinup boy of the Brexit right. Known for record expenses being claimed from the EU and as 6th highest renumerated MEP. UKIP misuse of EU funds. Shagging a French mistress, German wife and English mistress/ wife at the same time..

Astute

First of all I am not defending the EU.

I am pointing out where your „facts“ don’t agree with the reality.

Dieselgate is ongoing and there will be sanctions.

Juncker has acted legally. Albeit not in the spirit öfter law.

Selmayr‘s appointment has been proven to be correct. Albeit not in the spirit of the law.

What has the EU done that is illegal in these examples?

Let’s mention Farage indeed. He is the pinup boy of the Brexit right. Known for record expenses being claimed from the EU and as 6th highest renumerated MEP. UKIP misuse of EU funds. Shagging a French mistress, German wife and English mistress/ wife at the same time..
Thanks for the laugh Mart.

All you ever do is defend the EU and attack the UK.

You keep mentioning that the UK has missed targets. Would we have missed the targets if the Germans had been stopped 11 years ago when the EU first spoke about the scandal?

Doing something about it? So far 11 years and nothing but words.

They knew it was German car makers 11 years ago. But strangely enough they never mentioned the companies or the country.

But if it is anything to do with the UK we are mentioned straight away.

Juncker went on about hitting tax dodgers. But somehow forgot about his own past.

No. Selmayr was against all EU rules and regulations. EU rules and regulations make the law. Rules and regulations were broken all the way when Juncker appointed him. So rules and regulations being broken is the law being broke. The leader of the EU shouldn't be the leader of the EU. End of.

And here you go with mentioning Farage again. Do you think mentioning him makes everything the EU become perfectly OK?

martcov

Thanks for the laugh Mart.

All you ever do is defend the EU and attack the UK.

You keep mentioning that the UK has missed targets. Would we have missed the targets if the Germans had been stopped 11 years ago when the EU first spoke about the scandal?

Doing something about it? So far 11 years and nothing but words.

They knew it was German car makers 11 years ago. But strangely enough they never mentioned the companies or the country.

But if it is anything to do with the UK we are mentioned straight away.

Juncker went on about hitting tax dodgers. But somehow forgot about his own past.

No. Selmayr was against all EU rules and regulations. EU rules and regulations make the law. Rules and regulations were broken all the way when Juncker appointed him. So rules and regulations being broken is the law being broke. The leader of the EU shouldn't be the leader of the EU. End of.

And here you go with mentioning Farage again. Do you think mentioning him makes everything the EU become perfectly OK?

Where have I attacked the UK? Is saying that the UK is one of 11 countries, including Germany, asking for EU targets to be reviewed, an attack on the UK? I said that their arguments should at least be listened to. Hardly an attack.

Repeating what the enquiry said was fact after investigating the appointment is not defending anyone.

I don’t think Farage being a toßer makes the EU good or bad. He represents a school of thought, which he helped create, and a lot of Faragisms appear on here. Seeing him getting knocked adds a bit of variety to the otherwise monotonous mentions of everything Juncker, who is not leader of the EU, has ever done.

Astute

Where have I attacked the UK? Is saying that the UK is one of 11 countries, including Germany, asking for EU targets to be reviewed, an attack on the UK? I said that their arguments should at least be listened to. Hardly an attack.

Repeating what the enquiry said was fact after investigating the appointment is not defending anyone.

I don’t think Farage being a toßer makes the EU good or bad. He represents a school of thought, which he helped create, and a lot of Faragisms appear on here. Seeing him getting knocked adds a bit of variety to the otherwise monotonous mentions of everything Juncker, who is not leader of the EU, has ever done.
Let's rephrase what I said then.

When did you last say anything good about the UK?

So back to the so called enquiry.

It was about Selmayr getting the top position in the EU. He wasn't allowed to go for it as he didn't already have a high enough position. The position wasn't advertised like EU rules say it has to be. He was given a position high enough to apply. Immediately afterwards Juncker sent out an email saying that two people had applied for the job that nobody knew was available. 11 minutes later he sent out another email saying one of the two had dropped out. So the winner by default was Selmayr.

So onto the enquiry. Selmayr now has the top job. Just below him is Juncker. They are in on the enquiry on how they got together to get Selmayr the top job. Yeah Mart. All done properly.

So they said it wouldn't happen again. Of course it won't. He has the top job for life. Just in time for our escape from the EU and ready to help his country GERMANY over the dieselgate fiasco.

But of course Germany doesn't have a big say in the EU and the EU isn't crooked. We hear you Mart.

Macca

To be honest I've had a change of heart recently. I'm so fucking bored of the non stop whining that I'd take a complete reversal of the decision. In fairness it's about the younger generation it's their future give them what they want. Hopefully I will have shuffled off or not know what day it is by the time the consequences are felt

Users who are viewing this thread