The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (15 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grendel

That the UK would not be given the automatic right to enter??

Then refusal would illustrate what the Eu really want and justify the necessity of a harder option

SIR ERNIE

Britain will never leave while May is PM and some Tories are beginning to realise that.

She's weak beyond belief, a disaster.

I'm sick of the daily sight of her accepting humiliation from the likes of Macron, Juncker, Tusk as of it's just part of the job.

They need to get rid of her and quick.

SkyblueBazza

The veto doesn't stop those at the top doing what they want.

Most were pissed off about Selmayr. Germany was happy. If Germany was pissed off it wouldn't have happened.
See - SickBoy put it in a perspective...& your post highlights the emerging Greater German Empire theory.

SickBoy is right, we had a voice equal(ish) to 26 other EU nations. That means our voice & needs were on a par with Romania & Luxembourg (compare economies & markets)...is that actually fair? Some on here will say of 'course it is'. They also however think that as the EUs biggest economy - Germany should rightly set the EUs direction & agenda! They also think as patriotics that is best for Britain!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

Sick Boy

See - SickBoy put it in a perspective...& your post highlights the emerging Greater German Empire theory.

SickBoy is right, we had a voice equal(ish) to 26 other EU nations. That means our voice & needs were on a par with Romania & Luxembourg (compare economies & markets)...is that actually fair? Some on here will say of 'course it is'. They also however think that as the EUs biggest economy - Germany should rightly set the EUs direction & agenda! They also think as patriotics that is best for Britain!

27 other countries.

Britain's voice is going to be more powerful and influential on the world stage than the countries you mentioned.

Your other points are absurd.

Still waiting for those benefits you told us about that the UK offers to migrants that other countries don't.

SkyblueBazza

27 other countries.

Britain's voice is going to be more powerful and influential on the world stage than the countries you mentioned.

Your other points are absurd.

Still waiting for those benefits you told us about that the UK offers to migrants that other countries don't.
26 countries if you understood the point

martcov

Wrong as usual. Germany was not that happy with the Selmayr appointment. He had already annoyed Schäuble by sending EU money to Greece and upset Merkel. Selmayr getting the job means that it is unlikely that any more top positions, such as Juncker‘s job, will go to Germans.

We have more say than smaller countries in the parliament because we have more MEPs. Although MEPs, including German ones, don’t vote as national blocks.

There is a system of weighted voting on many issues ( Lisbon ) in the council whereby, the population of the country is taken into account, but not on major issues where there are veto rights.

It would help if you read up on the subject instead of just talking crap.

Who thinks that Germany should set the direction and agenda? You are making things up as usual. Germany has been outvoted more times than the UK. Often on environmental issues.

Most UK patriots are worried about the present mess having a negative effect on the well being of the country and maybe even bringing about the end of the Union.

You live in blissful ignorance.

You have said often enough you believe taking an economic and political hit is good for the country long term. You cannot know what happens long term, but we can all agree there will be a cost to leaving.

Based on your total lack of knowledge, I think you‘re in no position to tell us what the country will be like in 30 years time.

martcov

Anyone know any specific significant examples 9yrs on?

Europe can now move forward,” he said. “The Treaty will allow effective European action in areas where solutions are urgent, such as the financial and economic crisis, climate change and energy”

I posted the list of areas where a unanimous decision is needed. But, seeing as you are thick and have blocked me for providing factual answers which you don’t like, you cannot read it. The same goes for Captain Breitbart and Obtuse. All three have implied that we have lost all important veto rights.

Funnily enough, the three who have blocked me are the ones who spout the most incorrect facts.

But, I will still correct them as others can read my answers and see how ignorant these people are.

martcov

She's weak beyond belief, a disaster.

I'm sick of the daily sight of her accepting humiliation from the likes of Macron, Juncker, Tusk as of it's just part of the job.

They need to get rid of her and quick.

The humiliation is due to the fact that we cannot leave without taking an economic hit. The Irish problem was ignored by voters in the referendum who had been told leaving would be easy and we could cherry pick what we wanted from the EU.

It must be humiliating to be on the wrong side of history and have voted for an economic hit and a speeding up of the inevitable break up of the union. But blame your humiliation on May and the EU if it makes you feel better.

If May goes you will probably end up with Corbyn after the election which would follow. Enjoy.

martcov

I bet he called for a referendum on it at the time as only a very tiny minority of his countrymen voted to accept it

We agreed to a minimum EU VAT rate, although we could have vetoed it. There are exceptions allowed to the minimum, e.g. lower VAT on food.

We are a parliamentary democracy and don’t have referenda on fixing the rate of VAT anyway.

You really are ignorant.

clint van damme

we're about to go under the WTO where the same principle applies only we'll be on with countries such as Togo and Madagascar.

SIR ERNIE

It must be humiliating to be on the wrong side of history and have voted for an economic hit and a speeding up of the inevitable break up of the union. But blame your humiliation on May and the EU if it makes you feel better.

Your rants get more desperate and bitter every day. Great entertainment though.

My favourite bit is where you, German mart, the man who regularly ridicules and belittles the British war effort, tells me I’m on the wrong side of history. Priceless.

Keep ‘em coming mart.

SIR ERNIE

If May goes you will probably end up with Corbyn after the election which would follow. Enjoy.

Enjoy?

Kind of, yes.

Part of me hopes that Corbyn does become PM. Then the students and groupies who laud him will soon discover the reality of life in a country run by him, McDonnell and McCluskey. Scary on one hand but almost essential to cleanse the country of the likes of him as a serious politician.

Captain Dart

Enjoy?

Kind of, yes.

Part of me hopes that Corbyn does become PM. Then the students and groupies who laud him will soon discover the reality of life in a country run by him, McDonnell and McCluskey. Scary on one hand but almost essential to cleanse the country of the likes of him as a serious politician.

Lets hope it won't come to that FFS. Diane Abbott in charge of National Security, John McDonnell writing the budget.

martcov

Your rants get more desperate and bitter every day. Great entertainment though.

My favourite bit is where you, German mart, the man who regularly ridicules and belittles the British war effort, tells me I’m on the wrong side of history. Priceless.

Keep ‘em coming mart.

I don't think you know what a rant is. I have not ridiculed the British war effort... I have ridiculed the scum that bring it up to equate it to an argument about a trade agreement. And, yes, you are on the wrong side of history.

Astute

How many of these are we going to have to negotiate again?

Is that Twatter again by any chance?

Merkel and Macron have said that they want a deal to be made easier. But Selmayrs puppets are doing as they are told. You would know if you tried anywhere else other than Twatter.

clint van damme

Merkel and Macron have said that they want a deal to be made easier. But Selmayrs puppets are doing as they are told. You would know if you tried anywhere else other than Twatter.

US trade deals take on average 18 months to negotiate and 4 years to implement. The EU trade deals take even longer but obviously the negotiations include a block of countries. It's nothing to do with 'Twatter', or Selmayr, it's a fact.
And negotiations with the EU won't even be able to even begin until the Irish border issue is sorted.
Liam Foxs assertion that we would be 40 trade deals the day after Brexit was absolute nonsense and I think even he has back tracked on his own empty rhetoric.

Astute

US trade deals take on average 18 months to negotiate and 4 years to implement. The EU trade deals take even longer but obviously the negotiations include a block of countries. It's nothing to do with 'Twatter', or Selmayr, it's a fact.
And negotiations with the EU won't even be able to even begin until the Irish border issue is sorted.
Liam Foxs assertion that we would be 40 trade deals the day after Brexit was absolute nonsense and I think even he has back tracked on his own empty rhetoric.
You are talking as though we are total strangers to the EU. You would think the way you are talking that they haven't been giving them countless billions and have not been in a trade agreement since we were pushed into joining the EU.

Astute

Thought I would take a look for once.

Have you seen the only reply? Shows how much you look for one side of the story and don't understand what is going on. It didn't get the Twats on Twatter going did it?

clint van damme

You are talking as though we are total strangers to the EU. You would think the way you are talking that they haven't been giving them countless billions and have not been in a trade agreement since we were pushed into joining the EU.

but we will have to negotiate a new agreement, they take time.
And even an easy deal with the EU still means we have at least another 40 to negotiate just to get us back to where we are now.

Astute

but we will have to negotiate a new agreement, they take time.
And even an easy deal with the EU still means we have at least another 40 to negotiate just to get us back to where we are now.
It is only as hard as they want to make it. And until we leave they will continue to take more billions off us. And hope the public will rebel and we end up staying in the EU.

Users who are viewing this thread