The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (19 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clint van damme

It is only as hard as they want to make it. And until we leave they will continue to take more billions off us. And hope the public will rebel and we end up staying in the EU.

Only as hard as who makes it? The other 40 countries?

martcov

Is that Twatter again by any chance?

Thought I would take a look for once.

Have you seen the only reply? Shows how much you look for one side of the story and don't understand what is going on. It didn't get the Twats on Twatter going did it?

Read the second reply, it is factual.

1. paul baxter‏@paulbaxter614 1h1 hour ago
    Replying to @Brexit
    But by definition, to sell means other institutions are ‘buying in’! Plus London does 90% of interest-rate swaps globally. But let’s not get facts in the way eh
    1f644.png

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

2. Mitch Kowalski‏@MEKowalski 9m9 minutes ago
    ”In all, LSE is raising its stake in LCH to more than 80 percent from around 65 percent currently." No others are buying in.

martcov

It is only as hard as they want to make it. And until we leave they will continue to take more billions off us. And hope the public will rebel and we end up staying in the EU.

Why would the public rebel and force us to stay in the EU if the EU is so bad and Selmayr has been appointed? Maybe the public are seeing what a mess and a con job Brexit is and you are right they will start rebelling. I sincerely hope so. See how many turn up in London tomorrow.

martcov

Only as hard as who makes it? The other 40 countries?

He is beyond help now. Floundering as the whole Brexit crap begins to unravel. Trying anything. The EU have said they want a deal. They will extend the transition to allow us time. Now he is implying that twitter is unreliable and not a source. Bloomberg on twitter is no less reliable as in print, at their website or on TV.

clint van damme

He is beyond help now. Floundering as the whole Brexit crap begins to unravel. Trying anything. The EU have said they want a deal. They will extend the transition to allow us time. Now he is implying that twitter is unreliable and not a source. Bloomberg on twitter is no less reliable as in print, at their website or on TV.

don't post on this thread as much as I used to but everything I've posted regarding trade deals and WTO rules is, to the best of my knowledge, fact.
I prepared to be proven wrong but all any of the pro Brexit lot come back with is bluster. It's clearly a mess, I don't know why they can't see it.
It's not too late for things to fall into place but until I see any evidence that that could happen then it's looking like it's going to be a calamity.

Grappa

Is that Twatter again by any chance?

Thought I would take a look for once.

Have you seen the only reply? Shows how much you look for one side of the story and don't understand what is going on. It didn't get the Twats on Twatter going did it?

Grappa

don't post on this thread as much as I used to but everything I've posted regarding trade deals and WTO rules is, to the best of my knowledge, fact.
I prepared to be proven wrong but all any of the pro Brexit lot come back with is bluster. It's clearly a mess, I don't know why they can't see it.
It's not too late for things to fall into place but until I see any evidence that that could happen then it's looking like it's going to be a calamity.

I can only guess that it's about admitting that you may have been wrong. I know that it is difficult, I actually bought into the WMD/Iraq thing and was constantly checking the news in the expectation that they would find something in the early days of the invasion. I was wrong but it still took me a couple of months to admit it.

Like you, I've looked for any evidence of an upside to brexit and can't find anything substantial. The disaster capitalists will do alright I guess. I think Rees-Mogg's dad wrote a book about profiting from chaos, so he'll probably get a bit more cash. There's that.

People were pissed off with austerity, fed up of stagnant wages, zero hour contracts and all that stuff. Tories and papers have been blaming the EU for everything for years, up pops a referendum and people express their displeasure. I think it flowed over to the general election too, if things were going ok I really doubt Corbyn-led labour would get anywhere near what they did.

Anyway, it is what it is.

martcov

Me too. They say something which I think is bollocks. Mostly it is. I post a link explaining why it’s bollocks or answer a question. Then they block me and call me e.g. a bad apple, a liar, that I hate the UK, and then put words into my mouth so they can fault me. It alters nothing.

Brexit is costing time and money and slowing GDP in comparison to other G7 countries. And still, it’s all about Selmayr, Juncker, fish and how the EU is at fault for the Irish border problem. Absolute denial.

Astute

The Irish border thing is being made out to be harder than it should. And they say we must solve this before we can agree on a trade deal.

As we are presently close to each other there is nothing stopping any sort of deal. It is all down to politics. And they don't want other countries following us leaving. But the problem is others in the EU....as in the leaders of the countries in the EU....are getting worried

Brexit: Macron and Merkel say EU must be more flexible to solve Ireland

So tell me one thing. What is stopping a free trade agreement?

clint van damme

The Irish border thing is being made out to be harder than it should. And they say we must solve this before we can agree on a trade deal.

As we are presently close to each other there is nothing stopping any sort of deal. It is all down to politics. And they don't want other countries following us leaving. But the problem is others in the EU....as in the leaders of the countries in the EU....are getting worried

you haven't answered my question about the the non EU countries we will have to negotiate with. Do you accept there will be a lengthy timescale just to put back in place the trade deals we have with non EU countries?
And that article actually highlights just how difficult the Irish border issue is. The EU can't impose an Irish sea border on the UK, we wouldn't accept it.
The EU won't have a border with the Republic it's against EU constitution and the Good Friday agreement wont allow for a hard border between north and south.
That conundrum needs sorting before we even start talking trade deals.

skybluetony176

The Irish border thing is being made out to be harder than it should.

Did you fall into a coma at the end of the 60’s and only just come around? The Irish border is anything but simple. Both Ireland and the U.K. being in the EU is the only thing that has been keeping it simple. We’re leaving, that’s the complication and it’s far more historical and personal than politics.

martcov

The Irish border problem.

SkyblueBazza

Re...the Remainer camps response to Michael Caine comments

Lee Hurst said: “Another day in Twitter World. Michael Caine expresses his own personal opinion and says he wants Brexit and the Herd Left unleash upon him because he disagrees with them"

Dany Baker said “Michael Caine's opinion on Brexit is irrelevant. Calling him a t*** and worse is pointless. You disagree with the old boy, fair enough. I do too. All this going immediately nuclear on someone is a sickness. Grow up.”

Read familiar???

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Did you fall into a coma at the end of the 60’s and only just come around? The Irish border is anything but simple. Both Ireland and the U.K. being in the EU is the only thing that has been keeping it simple. We’re leaving, that’s the complication and it’s far more historical and personal than politics.

He thinks a 'free trade deal' is all it takes to sort it out and proving a link to Daily Mail comments provides insight. It really isn't worth the effort.

Sick Boy

Lee Hurst said: “Another day in Twitter World. Michael Caine expresses his own personal opinion and says he wants Brexit and the Herd Left unleash upon him because he disagrees with them"

Dany Baker said “Michael Caine's opinion on Brexit is irrelevant. Calling him a t*** and worse is pointless. You disagree with the old boy, fair enough. I do too. All this going immediately nuclear on someone is a sickness. Grow up.”

Read familiar???

Still waiting for those benefits the UK provides that other EU countries don't do. (For the 3rd time).

Are you going to share them with us?

martcov

Read familiar???

Certainly is familiar. Now where have we seen insulting comments and people being blocked for pointing out facts?

SkyblueBazza

Still waiting for those benefits the UK provides that other EU countries don't do. (For the 3rd time).

Are you going to share them with us?
We have our destiny in our own hands.

I thought you were scarpering to the stability of Italy? So you don't need to worry yourself a jot really.

martcov

I thought you were scarpering to the stability of Italy? So you don't need to worry yourself a jot really.

We don’t have our destiny in our own hands. We are a distressed trading partner desperate for quickly negotiated trade deals. The whole world knows it and will take advantage of our plight. Even Moldova is „showing it’s muscle“ against us in the WTO. We need Norway‘s, Lichtenstein‘ and Iceland‘s Support in addition to all EU countries to be able to join EFTA ( the latest idea being banded around ). We will be adrift as soon as we leave the EU and you think that is being in charge of our own destiny? We were voluntarily in the EU. That was the destiny we had chosen as the best option. Whatever happens now, it will be at best the second best option.

clint van damme

When the world's poorest country can potentially put the kybosh on any WTO schedules we propose is that really having our destiny in our own hands?

Astute

you haven't answered my question about the the non EU countries we will have to negotiate with. Do you accept there will be a lengthy timescale just to put back in place the trade deals we have with non EU countries?
And that article actually highlights just how difficult the Irish border issue is. The EU can't impose an Irish sea border on the UK, we wouldn't accept it.
The EU won't have a border with the Republic it's against EU constitution and the Good Friday agreement wont allow for a hard border between north and south.
That conundrum needs sorting before we even start talking trade deals.
All of which is correct.

But if we didn't have people where their egos are more important than anything else in the EU and the UK government they would be able to come to an agreement. They need to get around a table and negotiate. But that isn't happening.

So how many problems would disappear if there was a free trade agreement? What would be needed for there to be a free trade agreement? What is there from stopping a free trade agreement?

But we are not allowed to negotiate this as we have to come to an agreement over Ireland first. Then we are allowed to negotiate a trade deal.

Yet some try to make out that the sequence of talks are not set the wrong way round.

Astute

Are you already in a coma when I post about the Ireland border?

Answer one thing for once.

Would deciding on the best way forward be easier if we knew about what sort of trade deal there would be?

Sick Boy

All of which is correct.

But if we didn't have people where their egos are more important than anything else in the EU and the UK government they would be able to come to an agreement. They need to get around a table and negotiate. But that isn't happening.

So how many problems would disappear if there was a free trade agreement? What would be needed for there to be a free trade agreement? What is there from stopping a free trade agreement?

But we are not allowed to negotiate this as we have to come to an agreement over Ireland first. Then we are allowed to negotiate a trade deal.

Yet some try to make out that the sequence of talks are not set the wrong way round.

The fact you still don't understand this is getting painful.

Astute

He thinks a 'free trade deal' is all it takes to sort it out and proving a link to Daily Mail comments provides insight. It really isn't worth the effort.
Is that right?

I compared the link to the link from Twatter and said both were wrong. One pro EU whatever and the other Pro leave whatever. Yet you try to make out that I have said something different.

I could also have linked the BBC site. That is a strange one. Most of their articles are pro EU. But most of the comments are pro leave and people having a go at the BBC for not being impartial.

Astute

NO.

How would you have an open border with countries not being aligned in terms of regulations?
Did I say that though? If I did can you point it out to me.

This is what I said a few posts ago.

martcov

Still don't understand what?

It is a complex issue being made more complex unnecessary.

No it isn’t. The EU free trade area ends at the Irish border after Brexit. Another UK regulated area begins there. How do you work that? That is the first question that has to be answered. A solution is to stay in the EU free trade area. But you don’t want that as it involves the 4 freedoms. You are the problem and the people like you that actually voted leave. I can’t see why you voted remain.

martcov

We have a free trade agreement which we are leaving.

martcov

Is that right?

I compared the link to the link from Twatter and said both were wrong. One pro EU whatever and the other Pro leave whatever. Yet you try to make out that I have said something different.

I could also have linked the BBC site. That is a strange one. Most of their articles are pro EU. But most of the comments are pro leave and people having a go at the BBC for not being impartial.

Plenty of remainers have a go at the BBC for giving leavers too much air time. It cuts both ways and it doesn’t mean either side is right. In fact it shows that the BBC is impartial.

skybluetony176

Are you already in a coma when I post about the Ireland border?

Answer one thing for once.

Would deciding on the best way forward be easier if we knew about what sort of trade deal there would be?

A trade deal could add to the problem. That’s what you’re spectacularly failing to understand. You talk about it being as hard or easy as you want. Think about that. You have the DUP making it as hard as possible and holding the government to ransom on it. You have people like Davis, Rees Mogg etc who’s “think” tank just dismiss the good Friday peace agreement and the people of Northern Ireland. The only people who are coming up with a plan that keeps the border open and honours the GFPA is the Irish government and the EU but no one on the British side is in a position to accept that because they rely on the support of a minority party with their own agenda.

Sick Boy

What problems would disappear? It wouldn't solve the birder issue.

skybluetony176

The Irish border is more than trade though. Many people in the North work in the South and vice versa so it’s also about freedom of movement. The island of Ireland also shares an electricity grid so it’s about services, the people that work in the south get paid in another currency to their accounts in Northern banks so again it’s about service, the Garda and PSNI have a very close cross border policing arrangement so it’s about security and criminality, and we haven’t even factored in the GFPA.

Astute

A trade deal could add to the problem. That’s what you’re spectacularly failing to understand.
Congratulations. You finally understand or finally admit what is going on.

So now you finally admit something how about explaining that we need to know about what sort of trade deal there will be before finalising what will happen with the Irish border.

Or would you like to explain how we can finalise what is happening with the Irish border without knowing anything about a trade deal. You have admitted that it could make it worse. Yes we just don't know.

But of course you will twist it away from what you have just admitted. You always do.

martcov

Congratulations. You finally understand or finally admit what is going on.

So now you finally admit something how about explaining that we need to know about what sort of trade deal there will be before finalising what will happen with the Irish border.

Or would you like to explain how we can finalise what is happening with the Irish border without knowing anything about a trade deal. You have admitted that it could make it worse. Yes we just don't know.

But of course you will twist it away from what you have just admitted. You always do.

He has admitted that you don’t have a clue what you are on about.

Users who are viewing this thread