The Fee, the stats, the delusion (2 Viewers)

ccfc1234

Maddison is the best player our academy has produced in a while and he has been sold to a club that we could be playing next season. What makes this all the more bitter is we are doing this at a time when 18k fans actually turned up vs Burton. We needed to gamble this window and sell Madders if we did not go up. The sale regardless attitude is concerning and I have not felt so let down for a while.

Nick

Administrator
Maddison is the best player our academy has produced in a while and he has been sold to a club that we could be playing next season. What makes this all the more bitter is we are doing this at a time when 18k fans actually turned up vs Burton. We needed to gamble this window and sell Madders if we did not go up. The sale regardless attitude is concerning and I have not felt so let down for a while.

If we are playing them next season then we have done something right haven't we?

torchomatic

Cole, Hunt, Rammage, Rose, extended Bigi loan, extended Armstrong loan, plus the two loans yesterday...that's not strengthening?

We recently got told that TM had money to strengthen this transfer window. So we didn't sell him to fund these defenders.

Astute

Cole, Hunt, Rammage, Rose, extended Bigi loan, extended Armstrong loan, plus the two loans yesterday...that's not strengthening?

Cole, Bigi and Armstrong were already with us. If the attendances over 11k only pays for the other 3 they must be the best paid players at our club.

torchomatic

Cole was on loan and he was made permanent. What about the others? Rammage, Rose, Hunt?

Cole, Bigi and Armstrong were already with us. If the attendances over 11k only pays for the other 3 they must be the best paid players at our club.

Nick

Administrator
Worth selling Maddison cheaply for?

It depends, if the players brought in can make more of an impact. Plus Maddison is still here.

To say we haven't strengthened so far is a bit mental. I could understand if Maddison was bossing every game all season, we didn't miss him when he didn't play.

Sky Blue Kid

Cole..Rarely plays...Hunt jury is out...Rammage complete gash..Rose how many games played now?...Bigi..everybody thinks is s**t...Armstrong..been hiding the last 4-5 games..... Yes of course we've strengthened

Astute

It depends, if the players brought in can make more of an impact. Plus Maddison is still here.

To say we haven't strengthened so far is a bit mental. I could understand if Maddison was bossing every game all season, we didn't miss him when he didn't play.

I have not said we haven't strengthened. Just questioned comments on here that selling him allowed us to when we were told that TM had money to spend.

Nick

Administrator
Cole..Rarely plays...Hunt jury is out...Rammage complete gash..Rose how many games played now?...Bigi..everybody thinks is s**t...Armstrong..been hiding the last 4-5 games..... Yes of course we've strengthened

2 decent defenders in a position we lack, decent right back in a position we lacked.

How have we become weaker?

henry the wasp

We were told two weeks ago that extra funds were available outside the current playing budget to push for promotion. Cole, Armstrong , rose, lorentzen, bigi and ramage were already part of the current playing budget.

smileycov

Facebook User
Worth selling Maddison cheaply for?

How do you know it was cheaply? TM and MV have been praised all season for the work they have done, the wise moves in the transfer market, the use of available funds. So why all of a sudden is this bit of business a disaster? SISU have obviously listened to MV and TM prior to this so why not now? what if they advised to sell at 3mill + add ons but only letting him go in the summer? Even if we do not go up he would most likely have left then anyway so no difference IMO.

dadgad

If they stay up and guarantee themselves another £100m next season, it's a 300% RoI.

I suppose I put that stat (Norwich's total spend this Transfer Window) to draw attention to the current gulf between the clubs.
And yet it isn't that long ago that we beat them easily at their place. Just shows where SISU's ambition has taken us.

Moff

So what would you do. Sack Mowbray as he has brought all this shit in, keep Maddison. Then what?

Sky Blue Kid

How do you know it was cheaply? TM and MV have been praised all season for the work they have done, the wise moves in the transfer market, the use of available funds. So why all of a sudden is this bit of business a disaster? SISU have obviously listened to MV and TM prior to this so why not now? what if they advised to sell at 3mill + add ons but only letting him go in the summer? Even if we do not go up he would most likely have left then anyway so no difference IMO.

Mowbray has been quoted as not wanting to sell Maddison, so how exactly have SISU "Listened" to Mowbray?

Sky Blue Kid

So what would you do. Sack Mowbray as he has brought all this shit in, keep Maddison. Then what?

I've merely pointed out that as good a manager that Mowbray is, he's not infallible. Let's hope he can get his s**t together and get the team performing again.

smileycov

Facebook User
Why would he say any different? we still have maddison and what ever money they got. Know one knows how much or little it is. we are a league 1 club of course we have too sell!! we got 11k last saturday, we can never compete with crowds like that.

Sky Blue Kid

There was also an 18k home gate the other week which is far superior to what Blackpool were averaging when in the Prem ;)

Moff

I've merely pointed out that as good a manager that Mowbray is, he's not infallible. Let's hope he can get his s**t together and get the team performing again.

I agree, lets hope these two new defenders are the buisness, they sound promising, and that we find the winning habit again.

We the fans, and the players, cant let the sale of one player derail the club, from what could be a very long awaited successfull season.

torchomatic

Why would he say any different? we still have maddison and what ever money they got. Know one knows how much or little it is. we are a league 1 club of course we have too sell!! we got 11k last saturday, we can never compete with crowds like that.
Yep a 6k drop from previous game.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

H

Huckerby

Mowbray has been quoted as not wanting to sell Maddison, so how exactly have SISU "Listened" to Mowbray?
Yes and managers are all completely transparent about all transfer activity. You'd be a good negotiator....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

torchomatic

But 18K was one week not an average. It dropped by six thousand for the next game.

There was also an 18k home gate the other week which is far superior to what Blackpool were averaging when in the Prem ;)

stevefloyd

Look like it or lump it Sisu have obligations to their investors, we as fans care more about the club than money so we would like any potential profits we make on players to be spent on more players, I don't think TM will see all the money if any BUT it appeases the owners and I would rather they own it than be bankrupt with no team, I don't agree with how they run it BUT its their club and they can do what they want unfortunately.
If say Bassala Sambou was sold for £2 million we would all be jumping thro hoops so whats the difference with Maddison? yes he has scored a few goals but only played a handful of times so lets enjoy him while he's here and look forward to booing him or whatever floats your boat when we play them next PUSB

ceetee

Why do all these people, who think that SISU will take the money and not give anything to Mowbray, care how much we got for him?

Users who are viewing this thread