The Fee, the stats, the delusion (3 Viewers)

Gazolba

The only thing that annoys me is that we developed him but Norwich will probably make more profit from him than we will. If Norwich stay up and Maddison breaks into their first team and becomes a star, they will sell him to one of the big clubs for silly money. We'll probably get a tiny sell-on amount but they will pocket most of it.

usskyblue

Because its totally unacceptable for a fan to not be within travelling distance of their club. I mean, jeez, get your act together usskyblue. Obviously not a real supporter.

I probably travelled further for one game this season than he has for the last five :D

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
The only thing that annoys me is that we developed him but Norwich will probably make more profit from him than we will. If Norwich stay up and Maddison breaks into their first team and becomes a star, they will sell him to one of the big clubs for silly money. We'll probably get a tiny sell-on amount but they will pocket most of it.

i suspect that is why the observer piece talks about the fee being up to 9.5m as will include sell on clauses (capped) etc so we should still gain if they continue with his advancement.

italiahorse

You will never know !!

Chipfat

Some good points but the reality is how much of the transfer fee will be used to develop the club. Or is the ambition of the owners to sell and stay as we are a L1 club, if this is the plan the paying public deserve to know. Paying money to stand still is not what fans do, they turn up in the hope of the club moving forward. This is not a forward move this is a move that help's pay for the running of the club and stay where we are.

The fees will go into pockets of the TF of the world while he eats and drinks for free on the back of paying fans, the fans derserve more ambition and at least the truth about the destiny of the club. But then again i supposed i we all know and have seen first hand a few times before what an offer does to our owners.

Last edited:

Chipfat

Have we got him till end of season though[/QUOT

Yep and that is what i dont understand, should of just kept him until the end of the season then looked at the situation then when you know where you are. No different 2 mil, 3 mill in the bank? we cant spend it now if sisu were to give TM it. We could be in the championship with a few bob but very little in the way of this squad that could compete, what is the deal worth. Not enough for me.

Astute

Have we got him till end of season though

He is now a loan player instead of our own. We now have more loan players than can be named in a squad yet still need a striker that can score goals. Yes we now have the money to sign another loan striker but it will mean one more loan that can't be named in the squad. And with how late the deal was done we can't use part of the money to make a tempting offer to sign a striker permanently.

Nick

Administrator
He is now a loan player instead of our own. We now have more loan players than can be named in a squad yet still need a striker that can score goals. Yes we now have the money to sign another loan striker but it will mean one more loan that can't be named in the squad. And with how late the deal was done we can't use part of the money to make a tempting offer to sign a striker permanently.

We can if it is a free I guess.

Plus, Bigi can be left out and I guess maybe one of the defenders at a time if he isn't playing both?

Users who are viewing this thread