The holiday thread I’ve (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Off to a little village just outside Hay-on-Wye for 5 nights in June as it is an AirBNB which is dog friendly with plenty of walks and pubs.

Going to try and tick another new country off the list this year and it will probably be Poland for a long weekend sometime later in the year.
I've always wanted to visit Poland, mainly so my missus could see her parents homeland, but I've also been told it's a fabulous country to see. Hope you get to see it one day, LG. You can let me know what it's like.

no_loyalty

Just back from Hurghada in Egypt but won't be returning, the wife has food poisoning from eating a Chicken kebab at the Lebanese restaurant.

Will be going back to Fuerteventura next time we go on holiday

Sick Boy

Just back from Hurghada in Egypt but won't be returning, the wife has food poisoning from eating a Chicken kebab at the Lebanese restaurant.

Just spent the day on La Concha beach, glorious sunshine at the moment and got to be 28c.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’ve had a lovely day in costa Del keresley today

wingy

Off to a little village just outside Hay-on-Wye for 5 nights in June as it is an AirBNB which is dog friendly with plenty of walks and pubs.

Going to try and tick another new country off the list this year and it will probably be Poland for a long weekend sometime later in the year.
Beautiful down around Hay, with the Beacons close by, good walking and nice Pony trekking available.

NorthernWisdom

:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:WTF? I'm sorry......but we need more details....
Pretty simple really. Electric fence around the turnips (Not sure whether keeping them in or other things out) that had fallen down and come separated in the pissing rain and game, to emit a low level charge across small bits.

I may have mentioned that I hadn't particularly enjoyed the walk...

clint van damme

Pretty simple really. Electric fence around the turnips (Not sure whether keeping them in or other things out) that had fallen down and come separated in the pissing rain and game, to emit a low level charge across small bits.

I may have mentioned that I hadn't particularly enjoyed the walk...

sounds like a good band name - NW and the electric turnips

Sky_Blue_Daz

We’ve all put a tick list of things we want to do in Florida
I want to go jet skiing

My wife and daughter shopping and swimming with dolphins fairly standard but my cousins husband wants to go to a shooting range, to be honest I wouldn’t mind doing that either

olderskyblue

I took my lad jet ski-ing in Florida, He was only 14, so he wasn't supposed to drive it himself, so he buzzed around for 30 mins behind an instructor. Anyway, we persuaded the guy to eventually let him drive it.... he was doing well, then tried a 360 deg turn, just as the instructor had done with him on the back. The instructor wasn't prepared for that, and went flying into the drink... :emoji_laughing:

He saw the funny side though.

I tried water ski-ing as well. That was hard work. Preferred the jet ski.

NorthernWisdom

Only usually go straight past Carlisle on the way to Scotland.

But there is an excellent place caled David's. Not cheap but also not too expensive. The food is hard to beat. And that includes top restaurants. Not the sort of place I would take my little lad. But the girls yes as they are.never a problem.

Have the place set on my sat nav somewhere. Think it is Warwick Street.
Tried it and yep, decent food and decent value in the week.

Then again, compared to Skye... lovely place, but some of the stereotypes about Scottish food appear to be true!

LastGarrison

Beautiful down around Hay, with the Beacons close by, good walking and nice Pony trekking available.
Just got back today.

Cracking 5 days, weather was great, place we stayed in was stunning and the scenery and walks were breathtaking.

The dog loved it as well.

Astute

Tried it and yep, decent food and decent value in the week.

Then again, compared to Skye... lovely place, but some of the stereotypes about Scottish food appear to be true!
Deep fried pizza, deep fried mars bar....melts in your mouth :smuggrin:

Love haggis done in a chippy. Much better than normal haggis.

Astute

Just bought a caravan. Looking forward to exploring our isles this year.
Just beware if using satnav. Get a lorry version or keep to main routes. It once took me over an hour to do a mile. Even had to unhitch to get round a corner because there was a metal post either side and just a couple of inches to spare.

But enjoy. It is good to tour all over the place. But you can have as much fun just going 20 miles away.

shmmeee

Been offered free accommodation for a week at my friends parents villa in Spain, just need to pay the flights and spending money. Really need a holiday so I’ve taken it.

Turns out that the ticket was originally meant for his wife’s mates boyfriend but they broke up and she suggested me. Hopefully she’s just being nice because of the divorce and I’m not walking into a setup! Could be an awkward week otherwise.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Been offered free accommodation for a week at my friends parents villa in Spain, just need to pay the flights and spending money. Really need a holiday so I’ve taken it.

Turns out that the ticket was originally meant for his wife’s mates boyfriend but they broke up and she suggested me. Hopefully she’s just being nice because of the divorce and I’m not walking into a setup! Could be an awkward week otherwise.
Well I hope I speak for the majority of people on here and say enjoy your holiday , but we want daily updates on her actions ;)

greys4life

Used to live in Hurghada a long time ago!

greys4life

Just beware if using satnav. Get a lorry version or keep to main routes. It once took me over an hour to do a mile. Even had to unhitch to get round a corner because there was a metal post either side and just a couple of inches to spare.

But enjoy. It is good to tour all over the place. But you can have as much fun just going 20 miles away.
Absolutely on that, we've been 20 minutes away and you could be anywhere! There's a lovely site at the Blue Lias near Southam and its within walking distance of 6 pubs!

Astute

Absolutely on that, we've been 20 minutes away and you could be anywhere! There's a lovely site at the Blue Lias near Southam and its within walking distance of 6 pubs!
We have a great site near where we live. We go on it when friends come over and we join them or if I put our motorhome there for someone.

It has a full sized club with snooker and pool tables, swimming pool, massive bar and entertainment through the week. And is close to the beach being at the end of our island. It has a nature reserve next to it. And the views are great unless looking at Blackpool :smuggrin:

Rich

I can’t seem to find a lorry/caravan sat nav that’s reasonably priced (free).

robbieray

Tell us what the best mates friends wife's like

Users who are viewing this thread