The Jones Enigma (2 Viewers)

Grendel

He scored 12 this season in a relegated side - Walker was our top scorer last season with 7 and we comfortably stayed up in the end

I think it’s 66 goals in 125 games since leaving us so it wasn’t just one good season either

KenilworthSkyBlue

And bright was soon gone. He probably would have gone out in Jan had Bright still been here. But that didn’t work out.

ultimately robins must have seen him as someone to make up the numbers. As I’ve said Robins is looking out for CCFC not Jones’ future

Which is a fair comment.

But the notion that this season has been beneficial to his career and that the club has handled him brilliantly during this period is frankly nonsensical.

rob9872

He scored 12 this season in a relegated side - Walker was our top scorer last season with 7 and we comfortably stayed up in the end
Included 5 pens, not that they don't count but when it's such a high % it needs separating imo

rob9872

I think it’s 66 goals in 125 games since leaving us so it wasn’t just one good season either
At a level we're not at though. We've seen plenty of ours and others who haven't bridged that gap to the Championship.

Grendel

Taxi for Biamou thread

Danny liking the follow up posts as well 😂

shmmeee

I believe the manager wanted to keep him here in January as he saw him being involved in the 2nd half of the season
He said as much in the media but it didn't happen
Could debate all day long as to why
Shame the lad wasn't told before the game on Saturday so he could have said goodbye to the fans

That last bit is really poor form TBF.

johnwillomagic

It's a shame would have liked to see a lot more game time for Jodi this season - but financially for us and for more game time for Jodi it could be for the best that he moves on - I think we've under utilised Jodi myself but all water under the bridge now I wish him luck!

rob9872

A nice lad and a great work ethic, but needs to play games at 24 with all of the years he missed and if we can't offer him that time then it's right for both that he moves on. A pity we missed out on the fee from Leeds for him, who knows where he'd be with coaching and natural progression if injury fee now.

Thanks and good luck JJ.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Allen and Shipley have done more for the club than Jones has in 5 years .. I'm not going to sit here and debate why the club didn't play the second coming of Darren Anderton over players who are fit and available more often than not

Nonsense argument

You've claimed a player who has barely played has been handled brilliantly by the club but the reason for him not playing is because he's too risky to play, despite Robins openly stating otherwise at the beginning of the season.

Yes, it's my argument that's nonsense.

shmmeee

If they all had meetings on Monday, why would he be informed before then? Shipley was different as a club bid for him and would be informed

Just a decent thing to do really. Unless you’re trying to claim Pask had as close a relationship with the fans and would’ve wanted a send off?

SlowerThanPlatt

Just a decent thing to do really. Unless you’re trying to claim Pask had as close a relationship with the fans and would’ve wanted a send off?
He’d have to be a little dim to think he was getting a new contract here with how this seasons played out for him

Brighton Sky Blue

If Robins was that concerned about risking him in a game. Why extend his contract for another year last summer?

Equally why come out and say he'll play a part this season?

Jay Spearing has PL experience doesn't mean he should still be featuring for Liverpool?

As the signing of Bright showed we were generally scraping the barrel in certain parts of the pitch and I suppose for not much money it was an optimistic punt at him being able to contribute.

steve101

It is like getting absorbed in a good book, routing for the main character overcoming adversity, only to find the ending is shit.
I wished he had been given a fair crack so we could say more confidently yay or nay.

Greggs

It is like getting absorbed in a good book, routing for the main character overcoming adversity, only to find the ending is shit.
I wished he had been given a fair crack so we could say more confidently yay or nay.
A fair crack was extending his contract in the first place.

steve101

A fair crack was extending his contract in the first place.
Disagree. A fair crack is to come on as a sub ahead of Shipley, who had had plenty of previous opportunities to prove whether or not he could perform at Championship level.

skybluejelly

Where do we think jones will end up ..personally I think he’s the sort of player Peterborough will gamble on as if they get him fit and firing could command a decent fee in the future

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Firstly Jodi, wish you all the luck in the world in being injury free. Secondly really hope you get a good club to give you that chance .I'm sure everyone wants you to have a proper career in football. I saw you outside the CBS after the Huddersfield game with a child and you seemed a nice guy. City fans will follow your progress with interest and hope for sure!!

RegTheDonk

He was probably kept around due to having a small squad and other injuries. It's clear MR doesn't see him as a major asset so why not free up some money for other investment. It also gives him a few monts to explore options and get himself another club, I don't think that would be too hard, he's definatley got ability. I don't see that as selfish by not letting him go on loan, you've got to put the clubs interests over individual ones. We've stuck by Jodi, with his injury record I think we've been very supportive. Good luck to the lad.

The Philosopher

My 10p:

Shame we couldn’t put a contract together where we pay him a base retainer and loan him out on a pay as you play to Moors or similar and see how he gets on.

It’ll be a shame if we lose out on the money we’ve already “invested” in 3 years wages plus treatment costs and he ends up a great player.

I can’t think of the exact technical way we could do it but something along those lines would surely be possible.

Sick Boy

I was there the night he got injured the first time and was gutted. Fortunately for us as a club we’ve progressed a lot since then and I can’t seem him having a career above League 1, to be honest. I hope I’m proven wrong but I can’t see us missing out on a big money transfer, unfortunately.

SlowerThanPlatt

My 10p:

Shame we couldn’t put a contract together where we pay him a base retainer and loan him out on a pay as you play to Moors or similar and see how he gets on.

It’ll be a shame if we lose out on the money we’ve already “invested” in 3 years wages plus treatment costs and he ends up a great player.

I can’t think of the exact technical way we could do it but something along those lines would surely be possible.

Sorry but this is a ridiculous suggestion. You want us to give a contract to 24 year old to loan him to a Conference club (or similar?!). What would this prove exactly to us, a Championship club?

Grendel

Sorry but this is a ridiculous suggestion. You want us to give a contract to 24 year old to loan him to a Conference club (or similar?!). What would this prove exactly to us, a Championship club?

Perhaps he wants to swap him for the 7 foot striker there

Users who are viewing this thread