The official NFL Thread (19 Viewers)

Otis

Just had a look at Colt McCoy's history.

Third round pick in 2010 for Cleveland. Made 21 starts, but has then only had four starts since then, all in 2014 for Washington.

So, 4 years without any start.

Let's hope he shine for us now, but I remain doubtful based on the fact that he has been a back up now for so long.

Real tough game now against the Cowboys on Thursday.

If they win do they go above us?

ajsccfc

I only breezed through the highlights but bloody hell, what a game. That's got to be some kind of record score too

Otis

I only breezed through the highlights but bloody hell, what a game. That's got to be some kind of record score too
Third highest ever. And I think it is the first time boty sides have scored over 50pts each.

Have to say I was much more impressed with Mahomes than with Goff.

Goff doesn't seem to know when to take a knee. He was very static in the pocket at times.

Mahomes is just brilliant, this in spite of his interceptions last night.

tisza

That was just ridiculous. Points being scored at such a rate teams didn't have time to run the ball.
Again a couple of highlight reel plays by Rams defenders made the difference.
I know the focus on the QBs but that is 2 incredible sets of receivers in terms of catching and route running.
Gonna call a Chiefs saints superbowl.

CCFC88

Third round pick in 2010 for Cleveland. Made 21 starts, but has then only had four starts since then, all in 2014 for Washington.

Let's hope he shine for us now, but I remain doubtful based on the fact that he has been a back up now for so long.

I do think that the way Smith has played all year makes it a bit easier for Colt to come in, as we've bemoaned on here all season there have been very little big plays through the air, reading Swearingers comments he says that McCoy is much more keen through the air in training than Smith so lets see if he carries that into Thursday.

I've almost written off Thursday, hope I'm wrong, but I just cant see us scoring enough against a good Dallas defence.

tisza

McCoy was a classic example of a College QB from a high pass-based system. Almost like a College Cousins threw huge yards but also turned over the ball a lot.
Problem is he is just a back-up (although nicely paid to do so 8m a year) and also has often backed up some pretty weak starters.
You may get lucky as it's only a few games to go and maybe there's a bounce factor but he's never going to be a starter anywhere.
Watch out if he starts throwing long as he has a strong arm but not great accuracy and also he's not quick if forced out the pocket.
It is remarkable how so many of these backup QBs hang around the leagues for so long on good money.

Otis

I do think that the way Smith has played all year makes it a bit easier for Colt to come in, as we've bemoaned on here all season there have been very little big plays through the air, reading Swearingers comments he says that McCoy is much more keen through the air in training than Smith so lets see if he carries that into Thursday.

I've almost written off Thursday, hope I'm wrong, but I just cant see us scoring enough against a good Dallas defence.
Dallas have started to look good at the right time.

Going to be very tough and we are just not scoring enough points on the offence.

Fingers crossed Colt McCoy plays a blinder.

Otis

McCoy was a classic example of a College QB from a high pass-based system. Almost like a College Cousins threw huge yards but also turned over the ball a lot.
Problem is he is just a back-up (although nicely paid to do so 8m a year) and also has often backed up some pretty weak starters.
You may get lucky as it's only a few games to go and maybe there's a bounce factor but he's never going to be a starter anywhere.
Watch out if he starts throwing long as he has a strong arm but not great accuracy and also he's not quick if forced out the pocket.
It is remarkable how so many of these backup QBs hang around the leagues for so long on good money.
Nice job if you can get it.

CCFC88

Would people on here be keen for a SBT fantasy league next season? I run one already with a few mates, could easily set up another, only really need 8-10 to make it decent.

Not like fantasy football over here, you have a draft so there's only one of each player available and you can make trades with others in the league and pick up players from waivers during the season if they are not on anyone's team.

Liquid Gold

Would people on here be keen for a SBT fantasy league next season? I run one already with a few mates, could easily set up another, only really need 8-10 to make it decent.

Not like fantasy football over here, you have a draft so there's only one of each player available and you can make trades with others in the league and pick up players from waivers during the season if they are not on anyone's team.
I'd be up for it but will be picking it up from scratch so no idea what I'm doing.

Liquid Gold

Who is actually supported on this thread?

Redskins
Me, Otis, 88

Falcons
beast

Packers
cc4l

Vikings
tisza

Seahawks
ajs

Dolphins
Irish

Jaguars
rob

anyone else?

Otis

Not so sure CC4L will stick with the Packers if Rodgers leaves. ;)

Could be a bit of a stalkery love thang going on there.

tisza

Who is actually supported on this thread?

Redskins
Me, Otis, 88

Falcons
beast

Packers
cc4l

Vikings
tisza

Seahawks
ajs

Dolphins
Irish

Jaguars
rob

anyone else?
Actually a strange mix of teams - would have expected more 49ers,cowboys, patriot fans

tisza

No-one likes the Cowboys though.
:) but they were one of the high profile teams when Nfl started to be followed over here and remain most valuable sports team in the world (nothing a casual loves more than supporting the biggest)

Otis

:) but they were one of the high profile teams when Nfl started to be followed over here and remain most valuable sports team in the world (nothing a casual loves more than supporting the biggest)
Yeah, they're the Man U of the NFL and I bet most of their supporters have Brooklyn accents.

skybluebeast

On the strange mix of teams followed, be interesting to know why you follow your team?

I follow the Falcons cause I was big into my nfl from early age really playing all the madden games etc but never really having a team and then some family moved out to Warner Robins, Georgia and I just started to follow the Falcons as they were a Georgia team and my uncle could send me some team stuff over when he went to games.
Followed them ever since, it probably helped that they had Vick as QB at the time and he was exciting to watch.

My old man is a big Pats fan, but by no means a glory supporter. He started watching when the Pats got to the Super Bowl against the bears (in 86/87) and the Pats were the underdogs and he always followed the underdogs (hence being a city fan) so stuck with the Pats. Kind of worked out well for him.

Liquid Gold

Wanted an east coast team so there wasn't such a time difference, playing madden got drafted by lions but ended up at Skins. Love the uniform and the logo. Didn't want to pick anybody doing well at the minute. Like the rivalries in the NFC East. Just sort of fell in and as a uk sports fan it's all or nothing so now I'm stuck

Otis

Channel 4. First ever game they showed I think, or at least the first one I saw.

Think it was Green Bay vs Washington. The Skins lost, but there was something about the team that day that made me warm to them.

You always pick a side when two teams meet and on the day I chose Washington and then just stuck with them.

tisza

At university with a group of guys from university of minnesota. Year twins won World series (can't stand baseball). So started following us sports but only liked football. We would go to Lakenheath to watch live screenings.
visited them regularly and went to vikings games - still in regular contact.

covcity4life

i will do it but worried you will pick up aaron rodgers before me

covcity4life

On the strange mix of teams followed, be interesting to know why you follow your team?

I follow the Falcons cause I was big into my nfl from early age really playing all the madden games etc but never really having a team and then some family moved out to Warner Robins, Georgia and I just started to follow the Falcons as they were a Georgia team and my uncle could send me some team stuff over when he went to games.
Followed them ever since, it probably helped that they had Vick as QB at the time and he was exciting to watch.

My old man is a big Pats fan, but by no means a glory supporter. He started watching when the Pats got to the Super Bowl against the bears (in 86/87) and the Pats were the underdogs and he always followed the underdogs (hence being a city fan) so stuck with the Pats. Kind of worked out well for him.
think i have said this before but when i was in year 5 at school(so like 9 years old) my friend said he liked american football so like a typical kid i said yeah i do too! a blatant lie. he asked who i supported, i thought on my feet and said who do you support, he said green bay packers because my older brother does, i said yeah thats my team too(only team i knew as of 3 seconds ago lol)

then in 2000 found nfl on channel 5 as i was now 17 and staying up late all the time! remembered packers name and started to support them properly

covcity4life

random i assume. although ccfc88 should get first pick as has had a few seasons in a row of being wrong about packers

meanwhile i picked eagles to win superbowl last year....

Liquid Gold

46492595_2228612027185473_8143998952383971328_n.jpg

Otis

Yew, agree.

You can't throw 3 interceptions in a game though and expect to win. :(

Some poor errors from the Skins tonight. Refs didn't help though.

Users who are viewing this thread