The Time For Mere Words Is Over (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

What you really need is you and BHSB on the X factor dancing with whistles with it to get publicity :)

It sounds like a joke, but it might make it onto the funny bits.
He is quite a good singer after a few pints:)

stupot07

Worth noting Accrington maintain a league club with season ticket sales a fraction of ours:

http://accringtonstanley.co.uk/2016/07/record-ticket-sales/

So what consequence does reducing season ticket sales have? What consequence is it desired to have?
Good point. In fact last season in league one 9 clubs had average attendance leas than 5k, 4 club averaged less than 4k, in league two 20 clubs had average attendance less than 5k, 13 less than 4k, 7 less than 3k and 2 less than 2k.

NOPM and driving attendances down does not mean sisu will leave.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brylowes

What happens once the club has no income?

What is your aim going to be, once the club has no income? What do you intend to happen then?
No income = no SISU.
What happens then I don't know, but NW we can't just keep lumbering on as we are,
Like some brain dead Zombie club. It has to end sometime and somewhere.
As much as we love our club, surely nobody is enjoying supporting it at the moment,
The crowds we are attracting at the moment are acting as nothing more than a life
Support machine. IMHO

Nick

Administrator
Good point. In fact last season in league one 9 clubs had average attendance leas than 5k, 4 club averaged less than 4k, in league two 20 clubs had average attendance less than 5k, 13 less than 4k, 7 less than 3k and 2 less than 2k.

All it will do is mean more costs get cut and more players get sold.

Brylowes

All it will do is mean more costs get cut and more players get sold.
So what, I'm pretty sure that's happening anyway, they need to go Nick as soon as
Possible, then we see what's leftover from there disastrous tenure. If they don't go
Soon this will only end one way.IMHO

Monners

The players will get sold anyway regardless. I agree though that nopm doesn't bother sisu. The fans can't get them leave, equally we can't be held responsible for the budget. The club is dying, and until they leave this won't change.

NorthernWisdom

No income = no SISU.
What happens then I don't know, but NW we can't just keep lumbering on as we are,
Like some brain dead Zombie club. It has to end sometime and somewhere.
As much as we love our club, surely nobody is enjoying supporting it at the moment,
The crowds we are attracting at the moment are acting as nothing more than a life
Support machine. IMHO

So, you think NOPM can get enough doing it to = no SISU?

What is the consequence of no SISU, if done in this way?

trevelfarandwide

l; b ,
Not really, because I said the post was just to get people angry and wound up rather than actually get answers which you confirmed by saying you were just trying to rally them.

You don't give a shit what the answers to those questions are, you were just using them to try and get people worked up. The same as the thread about SISU's address was.

I really don't care what you think, mate. You're wrong. My aim is to rally, motivate, inspire, not 'wind people up'. Be a hero for a day, make a difference instead of manipulating everyone's opinions to make them appear redundant and/or ridiculous.

Do you have an agenda, or something? Why are you so opposed to pro-active, aggressive protestations?

sky_blue_up_north

I don't think there is a chance of them going until all the court cases are exhausted. So they could be around for a while yet. It's all a very sorry state of affairs. Fans like myself who have season tickets that can't be bothered to go to games, I've missed more this season than the whole of the last. There is no doubt the club is having a slow lingering death, at the moment I just don't see a way forward. On one hand with a stubborn owner who does not seem to have any interest in the club, and fans not will to go to games any more, so no cash flow. Sad times, and no sign of it getting any better.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
l; b ,

I really don't care what you think, mate. You're wrong. My aim is to rally, motivate, inspire, not 'wind people up'. Be a hero for a day, make a difference instead of manipulating everyone's opinions to make them appear redundant and/or ridiculous.

Do you have an agenda, or something? Why are you so opposed to pro-active, aggressive protestations?

So your aim is to rally, motivate and inspire and not actually get answers to the questions then? Surely your aim should be getting answers to the questions you have used.

Opposed to pro-active, aggressive protestations, or just trying to get people worked up on a website? I wouldn't say I am against them, it is just like me going and shouting "SISU bastards" at a bus passing by.

My agenda is CCFC, surprisingly enough. Sorry I am not foaming at the mouth because you have asked a couple of questions you have no interesting in finding out the answers to or because you use caps lock.

Last edited:

Brylowes

So, you think NOPM can get enough doing it to = no SISU?

What is the consequence of no SISU, if done in this way?
Already stated don't know the consequences of no SISU, as it hasn't happened yet.
On the other hand I think the consequences of yes SISU are there for all to see.
IMO definitely not a case of, better the devil you know.

Brylowes

Can't reply anymore, as heading to work , here's hoping for a positive result at Vale.
Laters. :)

sbadey

Would be interested to find other companies SISU own, or the names of their investors. You know them and you can start to drag their names through the shit too.
Hardly fair on the investors who are most probably even more angry at JS than we are

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 9 using Tapatalk

sbadey

And if they do, it shouldn't be posted up publicly on here....
Absolutely agree Nick, the wrong they have done is on a business level so any protest should be projected where it will hurt most not on their personel lives. JS and TF should be attacked outside their offices with huge mobile banners with them being named along with the details of the damage done to our club. Because of congestion charges in London maybe a mass bike ride outside the new office with each bike rider carrying banners showing our greivance personally naming Joy to attract maximum media attention, watch how quick they would react to that

covman

Total respect to you guys staying away. I know it hurts to do it but you are showing true integrity. It actually feels good when you realise you are no longer being walked all over by these jokers running our club. I also believe that the more and more people that do this the quicker the exit of the worst owners in CCFC history will be. Just hold onto the feeling we will get when we fill the ground, in whatever league it may be, for the first time under new owners. See you there guys!

covman

l; b ,

You are not the first person to wonder this.

Nick

Administrator
like our current situation? SISU are implementing a NOPM campaign of their own.

Don't most lower league clubs aim to run at break even?

Yes, we won't be challenging promotion but I would see getting close to break even a better thing in the fact that:
  1. We won't be owing SISU any more money than we need to
  2. It makes it easier for somebody to come in with a better base, if we aren't leaking shit loads of money they can then build on it. Instead of having to stop the leaks to build.
  3. If fan owned was an option, it also makes that easier for them to pick up the pieces. Surely it would be much harder the fans somehow got the club and they had 15 David Bell's on 4 year contracts for silly money and leaking money everywhere.
It would be the same with most things, less money going in means the less money going out and if there are losses they will want to cover them.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love SISU / AN Other to say "Here you go, we are giving the club 60m to get promoted and we don't want it back". It just isn't going to happen.

Sky Blue Kid

Until it is tried widespread at CCFC, nobody will know ;)

Nick

Administrator
Here's an idea. Instead of a boycott of home league games why don't we attend wearing black? Trendy, slimming (helps me) and symbolises we're all mourning the slow death of CCFC.

All for a boycott of home cup games though.

I still liked the idea of dressing as CCFC zombies for Halloween but we don't have a home game close.

Goes with what OSB was saying about a zombie club, the kids could be involved too without really realising and it would be like the Hartlepool smurf stuff. JSB area could have a "best fancy dress prize" and donate a bit of money to the family zone / jimmy hill fund.

Will it make SISU go? I doubt it and not saying it will but something like that will generate it's own interest, it will be on places like the Lad Bible etc. It will go further than "sign this petition".

The other thing is that it might actually bring fans together, the kids would love going as a CCFC zombie to the games but it is still making a statement. (and maybe even having a bit of fun with it).

82de949a.jpg

PAY-Hartlepools-travelling-stormtroopers-at-Plymouth.jpg

Thing with that is, if people see loads of Smurfs wandering around they go and tell their mates "Just saw loads of smurfs walking about, looked good", then they try to find out what it's for, so they put it in google, they actively look on social media to see what's going on and why there were hundreds of smurfs. Yes, they were doing it for a piss up and a laugh but people then see it is Hartlepool fans.

If I was to suggest it though, as a SISU lover I'd end up rocking to a game and being the only one like Del Boy and Rodney rocking up to the Wake in fancy dress.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Nick

Administrator

I did check and I don't think we have any home games close to Halloween :(

It would be so easy, get some old cov tops and put some rips in, some fake blood, some facepaint. Lob some fake blood over the clothes too.

It isn't going to make SISU shit scared and run away by any means, but it could at least bring some fans together a little bit and make a bit of a statement at the same time. Maybe even raise some money for charity at the same time.

Even if there are 500 - 600 zombies walking about the Ricoh, people will remember it. People doing their shopping in Tesco will be wondering why on earth there are shit loads of zombies walking about for example.

People in the local pubs and clubs etc as well.

Terry Gibson's perm

Hardly fair on the investors who are most probably even more angry at JS than we are

Good I hope they are pissed off and have stopped investing in the old witch, I hope she loses everything and ends up homeless she will then understand how the fans feel now.

Nick

Administrator
Good I hope they are pissed off and have stopped investing in the old witch, I hope she loses everything and ends up homeless she will then understand how the fans feel now.

Thing is though, is that going to happen by doing NOPM against the club? That's what I keep getting at.

I doubt anybody will care if she does as long as it doesn't mean CCFC go down the pan.

Terry Gibson's perm

Thing is though, is that going to happen by doing NOPM against the club? That's what I keep getting at.

I doubt anybody will care if she does as long as it doesn't mean CCFC go down the pan.

No nopm doesn't matter but not sure how we can get rid of her.

The club is just a tiny part of her empire, in the ideal world she loses the club to a sensible investor ( not Wasps or a fans buy out) and then hopefully the rest of her life will be miserable or short

Otis

And this is at least being up front about it. I'll 'like' the post because let's at least have the open chat about this, rather than hiding behind fudges and idealised what-ifs.
There'll be no fudges left if Steve Evans comes here.

trevelfarandwide

So your aim is to rally, motivate and inspire and not actually get answers to the questions then? Surely your aim should be getting answers to the questions you have used.

Opposed to pro-active, aggressive protestations, or just trying to get people worked up on a website? I wouldn't say I am against them, it is just like me going and shouting "SISU bastards" at a bus passing by.

My agenda is CCFC, surprisingly enough. Sorry I am not foaming at the mouth because you have asked a couple of questions you have no interesting in finding out the answers to or because you use caps lock.

I had no idea you were so myopic, haha. The bigger picture, Nicholas, think bigger. Answers, yes, and how will we get those answers? You tell me.

You're just repeating yourself again, accusing a fellow fan of winding people up, when you're the only one picking fault. Your agenda is clear.

Go and belittle someone who will rise to the bait and manipulation, that criteria does not include me; I have little time for trolls.

OH AND CAPS LOCK IS ON FOR A NEED FOR EMPHASIS BY THE WAY. HAVE A GOOD 'UN, SKIP.

Nick

Administrator
I had no idea you were so myopic, haha. The bigger picture, Nicholas, think bigger. Answers, yes, and how will we get those answers? You tell me.

You're just repeating yourself again, accusing a fellow fan of winding people up, when you're the only one picking fault. Your agenda is clear.

Go and belittle someone who will rise to the bait and manipulation, that criteria does not include me; I have little time for trolls.

OH AND CAPS LOCK IS ON FOR A NEED FOR EMPHASIS BY THE WAY. HAVE A GOOD 'UN, SKIP.

What are you on about? You are saying yourself you are trying to rally and motivate people into protesting aren't you?

My aim is to rally, motivate, inspire, not 'wind people up'.

How are you going about rallying people and getting them motivated to protest if it isn't getting them fired up and angry?

It isn't repeating myself at all, it is just pointing out the intention of the thread which you have pretty much admitted to anyway just by saying it is "motivating people".

trevelfarandwide

What are you on about? You are saying yourself you are trying to rally and motivate people into protesting aren't you?

How are you going about rallying people and getting them motivated to protest if it isn't getting them fired up and angry?

Yes, I am. Motivated, spirited and focused is a tad different to 'angry' and 'wound up'.

Why are you twisting everything just to try and prove yourself correct? Again, you appear to be the only opponent to such a radical spate of protesting, why is this? Tell me why it is so repellent to you.

Users who are viewing this thread