The top three places you miss most from Coventry city centre (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

I miss the Smithfield pub, Shambles arcade and the parsons nose chip shop (massive queues in there after a good night out)

Otis

Oh I had one of the most surreal Nights of my life in the 80's on what I think was my only ever venture .
Anyone remember the Irish bouncers name, one of his sons ended up running the Fletch pub.
Sorry if going off topic.
Went in the Top Spot once. For a nightclub even in those days it was ridiculously cheap. 50p to get in.

Park Lane or whatever it was called those days was at least £5-£6.

Sky_Blue_Daz

My brother did the relief manager job at the fletch about 20 years ago
I went in for a pint one Saturday evening about 6:30

I asked the barman for a pint and stood at the bar minding my own business, next thing this lad come over to me and wanted to have a fight he accused me of starting on him the previous night in town.
After told him I’d been in the wallace the previous night and was just coming in for a pint with my brother who was running this place his whole attitude changed and said sorry mate but it’s not a good night unless I have a scrap and sat back in t(e corner with his mates

Gazolba

Still is! Was originally an ex-servicemen's club. Fennel's original music shop was pulled down to make room for it for no good reason that I can tell.
z53CkA4.jpg
What was that 'Birds' shop?

Nick

Administrator
Nobody has said IKON / Diva (if you can blag you are older).

All you can drink night's, bar takes an hour.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Nobody has said IKON / Diva (if you can blag you are older).

All you can drink night's, bar takes an hour.
I was too bloody old for these, Nick! :emoji_smile:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Without trawling through all the previous posts, has anyone mentioned the Irish Centre. (I think that's what it was called?) Entrance was in Watch Close, Spon St.

Users who are viewing this thread