The top three places you miss most from Coventry city centre (1 Viewer)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
What was the name of the pub between the Cov building society and the Halifax one, set back in the alley way, was always like a tardis, bigger than you ever thought it could be.

SkyBlueScottie

Varsity was a decent night, I was in there on the opening night. Bar Coast on a Friday night with DJ Darren De Luca, Traffic on a Saturday night upstairs in Careys.

wingy

Forgot about that. I know one of the sons, he's a little bit younger than me. The old man drowned sadly, I think in Brazil if I remember rightly.
Yeah he did, the Family went to Heart of England in Balsall Common like myself .
Were from Meriden IIRC .

clint van damme

Yeah he did, the Family went to Heart of England in Balsall Common like myself .
Were from Meriden IIRC .

they lived in Earlsdon at one point, I went to school with the lad I'm on about, think he was the year below me.
He's related to a family I know well and the last time I saw him was when one of them got married. Frightening to think how long ago this all is, time certainly waits for no man!

bringbackrattles

Couldn’t remember name but remember the shop. Find anything in there. I think my first buy was an old knapsack. Later a trench coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loved that shop. As I was a skinhead I got grandad vests in there, and boots, and other bits and bobs. I liked haversacks too and they sold them,in fact it was an Aladdin's Cave and if they never had something they'd try and get it for you.

wingy

Was that on Far Gosford Street? I remember an army shop next to the old Hand and Heart, now a Dominos Pizza bizarrely.
Just at the top across from Barclays on Sky Blue way been a big development on that corner recently as it goes, nice bit of architecture too IMO.

Covkid1968#

Toilets in the precinct.....very handy
Fishy Moores
Poster Place
Time Square and Busters Night Club.....Only cave night club I know - excluding Calon Porter in Menorca.

clint van damme

Toilets in the precinct.....very handy
Fishy Moores
Poster Place
Time Square and Busters Night Club.....Only cave night club I know - excluding Calon Porter in Menorca.

I once went to one in Germany which was in an actual cave! In a place called Marburgh, (I think!)

Terry Gibson's perm

Do you think we will be saying this about Cosmo in ten years time now that it’s closed?

W

westcountry_skyblue

Used to love a chinky at the pogoda above park lane after a skinful

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Woolworths- football figures and pic n mix.
Lloyd’s (Earl of Mercia) what a way to start a night out at 16.
Game- when I was early teens into my PlayStation got some cracking sports games second hand which would fill a hole during school holidays!

Otis

Oh right! Just checked. Didn't know it had closed down.

Can't say I am too unhappy. Apparently they used to throw about a third of their food away every day.

B-Ban-Boogie

1. The old dump\demolished building where WIcks's now stands at the end of the Radford Road towards town. We used to do somersaults off a smashed up 3 storey building onto the 20 or so mattresses we pushed together. God i loved the old days!
  2. The Parrot
  3. Fatty Arbuckles on the Stoney Stanton Rd....
Edit : Damn.. didn't see the 'from the City Centre' bit.... :D

Terry Gibson's perm

Oh right! Just checked. Didn't know it had closed down.

Can't say I am too unhappy. Apparently they used to throw about a third of their food away every day.

Otis a while back you were talking about a cafe near the cathedral is it in the new one.

Went to Cosmo twice first time it was good the second time was like the food had been saved from the previous visit six months before, it had the driest turkey I have ever seen

Otis

Otis a while back you were talking about a cafe near the cathedral is it in the new one.

Went to Cosmo twice first time it was good the second time was like the food had been saved from the previous visit six months before, it had the driest turkey I have ever seen
The Rising cafe? It's tagged on to the new cathedral. You access it from the road up from Pool Meadow to the university and the Herbert.

Terry Gibson's perm

The Rising cafe? It's tagged on to the new cathedral. You access it from the road up from Pool Meadow to the university and the Herbert.

Is it any good as we couldn’t think of anywhere to eat the other week and ended up in the slug n lettuce which was excellent and then saw that place after

Otis

Is it any good as we couldn’t think of anywhere to eat the other week and ended up in the slug n lettuce which was excellent and then saw that place after
It's decent. The food is pretty good. Not outstanding, but decent, not bad prices and the decor is really nice too.

You tried Basement Brown's yet in the high street?

Nick

Administrator
Woolworths- football figures and pic n mix.
Lloyd’s (Earl of Mercia) what a way to start a night out at 16.
Game- when I was early teens into my PlayStation got some cracking sports games second hand which would fill a hole during school holidays!

Wanst lloyds the corner, yates over the road and varsity just down?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Wanst lloyds the corner, yates over the road and varsity just down?

Yep, think I went in Yates once or twice but then it shut and was turned into a spar shop, Varsity still there (was in there last week! : I ) now called ‘The castle grounds’, Lloyds now a Wetherspoons

Gazolba

Anyone remember the Hertford Grill? It was a cafe at the top of Hertford Street. I ate there a few times, I don't think it lasted very long.

Terry Gibson's perm

It's decent. The food is pretty good. Not outstanding, but decent, not bad prices and the decor is really nice too.

Not yet what is it near to in the town

Just looked I can’t eat pizza so doesn’t look good for me.

Have you been to the ice cream place in the old fire station

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes, freshly made pizzas and massive salads. Highly recommend it.

Otis

Not yet what is it near to in the town

Just looked I can’t eat pizza so doesn’t look good for me.

Have you been to the ice cream place in the old fire station
Yeah. But overpriced compared to Creams.

Basement Brown's do also do salads and toasties. Not just pizza, though that is their main selling point.

Going to try Jam Jar soon. Heard good things about it. That's the one on Corporation Street. Desserts, ice cream, waffles, pancakes, cakes etc.

Users who are viewing this thread